All overstayers flushed out by month's end, immigration corruption over - Big Joke

webfact

2 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

Only 500 overstayers left?  There's likely that many male overstayers along Sukhumvit Soi 4 to 19 alone.

you can subtract a couple of hundred from that figure for people "who on paper" are overstayers who have simply vanished without a trace - I personally know of 3 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the IO's who are face to face with the public and have just had their monthly 'income' reduced by XXXX baht will be 'smiley happy people' and will not cause any inconvenience to their 'customers'.  Or..... they will work to rule and all immigration procedures will be long, drawn out affairs that will cause great inconvenience to their 'customers'.   Which way will it go?

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Since his appointment last month visa officers had been obliged to "eat vegetarian" he said. 

Com’on, Seriously? How are you going to muscle up an immigration that’s already too weak with vegan food? Are you guys on a diet? Will this perhaps attract more vegans to Thailand? Is this eventually going to be a vegan destination? 

It seems that Chonburi (Jomtien) answer to this is to stop issuing them - so rather than not charging a 300baht backhander they are no longer going to provide the service  
Only 1 report about that on here...in the Chaingmai forum have you seen any others ?

49 minutes ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

A week ago he said he would arrest 7,000 more by the end of this month. News on it suggests he is still way short of that mark. I also haven't seen reports of 99,500 over-stayers caught so far. Sounds like another story with numbers and facts plucked right out of thin air, and with promises worth zero.

Number means nothing. But the good old days of overstaying in Thailand and working illegally seems to be over. They should give residency to all people married to Thais (after a through checks, though). That's what civilized nations do. No I am not married to a Thai. 

For retirees, they should come up with an alternative plan for those getting income certificates (combo or monthly income) from their embassies (as BE and US are stoping issuing those income certificates). One approach is clear indication of 65K/month coming to a Thai bank for renewal. 

For people with monthly income (or combo income) path, first time applicant  must get a Non O-A visa from their home country. Two years of peace of mind and enough time to show (for subsequent renewals) one year worth of transfer to a Thai bank. 

Bottomline, some clear direction with uniform application of law is called for.

Lets do a survey on here.

If anyone that reads TV and has been caught overstaying and removed from Thailand...then speak up and tell us.

Also anyone that has had problems renewing their Visa's.

This would give a good indication if these Big Joke comments are true.

27 minutes ago, smedly said:

and what about the agents who are still providing illegal 12 month extensions and their immigration officer contacts that are still providing them at 12-25k baht a pop

There is technically nothing illegal about it.

You can legally borrow money from anyone.

An immigration officer can legally waive the seasoning period. It's at his discretion.

So......where's the illegal act?

38 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said that previously there were 100,000 people on overstay. Of these just 500 are left, reported Komchadluek.

Personally, I think they are doing a wonderful job and see no reason to dispute their figures; 99,500 already ousted with only 500 to go; very low profile on deportation numbers to protect individual identities and countries of origin.

I'm not sure about the timeline on these figures though.

That said, the alleged figure of 100,000 is that of those known on overstay, I just wonder how many are not known, not included in their database? You know, the dangerous ones who have entered Thailand illegally, the ones that they really should be worried about.

Smoke & Mirrors.

35 minutes ago, jvs said:

Probably he was referring to the many unregistered workers from

neighbouring countries.

Yes, no doubt and he just confirmed that there's only 500 of them left, maybe a couple of westerners amongst this 500.

I would bet that a good hundred or so people sneak across the border every week.

I don't think Jomtien have been informed about the no backhanders for residence certificate yet. Cost me 600thb this morning for 2. 
Thanks for confirmation that Jomtien still issue certificates...long may it continue [emoji3] [emoji106]

I know one person who has been on overstay in Thailand for sixty years; I do not think their records will stretch back far enough to collar him. I have not seen him for a while, and he is over eighty years old now, but I think he is ok.

2 minutes ago, ponder said:

I know one person who has been on overstay in Thailand for sixty years; I do not think their records will stretch back far enough to collar him. I have not seen him for a while, and he is over eighty years old now, but I think he is ok.

Not seen him in a while?

Maybe he is dead and no worry to Big Joke

If anyone is unduly distressed by having to pay to get a Residence Certificate the same day because they don't want to wait 2-3 days to get it for free - you can submit a complaint to Immigration and tell them you think what they are doing is illegal and see what happens.

Here - I'll even give you the link to the Immigration Bureau's Contact Form:
https://www.immigration.go.th/contact_form

(Awhile ago - many years now in fact - they started charging a small fee to have the Certificate completed and ready for pick up the next morning. Then the fee went up and you could get it the same day. Then the fee went up again and you could get it within a few minutes.)

I think you can still get it for free though - if you are willing to wait 3-4 days that is. Would be interesting to see what they would say if someone tried that.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Seriously? :cheesy::cheesy:

But how can one realistically challenge his claim? It's not like Gazza, the retired brickie from Dagenham, squatting in a lean-to in a back yard in Bahn Nork is suddenly going to stick his hand up on 1st December and shout, "Hey! Big Joke! You missed me! Nah-nah, na-na nah!"

Archived