All overstayers flushed out by month's end, immigration corruption over - Big Joke

webfact

All TM6 data goes into a computer. Why can't they press a button each morning and the computer comes up with a list of new over-stayers. Matching arrival with departure cards. Each TM6 has an address. Check them out.

If they can't find that person, they're added to the over-stayers list that when caught, they'll be black-listed.

It really shouldn't be hard in this day and age.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

corruption in immigration,  ?? i was offered a legit stamp for 16,000  baht only 2 days ago, by an officer, but not telling you lot where, oh i am legal anyway.

How awful !  The BE was worried about SEEMING to verify income with the letter. 55555555555

6 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

corruption in immigration,  ?? i was offered a legit stamp for 16,000  baht only 2 days ago, by an officer, but not telling you lot where, oh i am legal anyway.

Not a valid reflection on BJ's claim at all.

Go back and see if the 16 k gate pass is still available on 1st December.

8 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

All TM6 data goes into a computer. Why can't they press a button each morning and the computer comes up with a list of new over-stayers. Matching arrival with departure cards. Each TM6 has an address. Check them out.

If they can't find that person, they're added to the over-stayers list that when caught, they'll be black-listed.

It really shouldn't be hard in this day and age.

They absolutely must be doing that! How else can Big Joke know now there's exactly only 500 overstayers?

6 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Each TM6 has an address. Check them out.

And then those who are somewhat discomfited by the sight of hordes of Immi cops crashing hotel receptions, condo offices and various gated communities in a three-times-daily smash and farang grab will start whining.

The resultant bandwidth suck on TV alone would probably crash the whole world wide interweb thingmie.

Why is he boasting about completed successes before they have happened.....like GWBush's 'mission accomplished' poster. 

We know there is still corruption in immigration because agents exist and make pay offs....while they are in business there is corruption.

1 hour ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

There is technically nothing illegal about it.

You can legally borrow money from anyone.

An immigration officer can legally waive the seasoning period. It's at his discretion.

So......where's the illegal act?

legally waive the police order (law) for a fee

nothing illegal about that - right ?

1 hour ago, smedly said:

and what about the agents who are still providing illegal 12 month extensions and their immigration officer contacts that are still providing them at 12-25k baht a pop

And the banks that falsify the deposit books with 800K deposit. Will they be closed down

1 hour ago, PREM-R said:

So the IO's who are face to face with the public and have just had their monthly 'income' reduced by XXXX baht will be 'smiley happy people' and will not cause any inconvenience to their 'customers'.  Or..... they will work to rule and all immigration procedures will be long, drawn out affairs that will cause great inconvenience to their 'customers'.   Which way will it go?

An immigration officer can legally waive the seasoning period. It's at his discretion.

What about the banks who falsify deposit books with 800k deposits. Thats not illegal ?

What about the banks who falsify account books with 800K deposits made ? Not illegal ?

So the land border crossings will no longer mean a "tip" to the officer before returning for your 90 day stamp?? Perhaps he should set up a hotline to report officers who haven't heard the news about corruption at the borders !

What about all of the tea money blackmailed out of the business owners if they are caught cleaning their pool table, moving furniture or even helping their staff with closing shutters?

Everything changes and everything stays the same.

3 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

A week ago he said he would arrest 7,000 more by the end of this month. News on it suggests he is still way short of that mark. I also haven't seen reports of 99,500 over-stayers caught so far. Sounds like another story with numbers and facts plucked right out of thin air, and with promises worth zero.

Most of them need a calculator to subtract 2 from 10 so not much hope of the sums being correct in this case!

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

If anyone is unduly distressed by having to pay to get a Residence Certificate the same day because they don't want to wait 2-3 days to get it for free

4 weeks in Chiang Mai - I've just picked one up.  Haven't heard from anyone applying for one in the last few days, so perhaps it's improved.  The office hours certainly have - 6am to 8pm now.

As an aside, last time I got one it was 2 weeks; not about 2 weeks, they told you to come back in 14 days.  This time I got a slip to return in 30 days at 5pm when I declined the 'express service'.  Perhaps there weren't enough people willing to pay for the sake of 2 weeks, but whatever the reason for it, it has doubled.

Yawn. Another big mouth dog that’s all bark and no bite. They rounded up a handful of people of color, that’s it.

All of this is nothing more than the new guy letting everyone know who’s pockets to fill now. Typical Thai power move that happens anytime a “big boss” is replaced. Corruption is in their DNA.

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

If anyone is unduly distressed by having to pay to get a Residence Certificate the same day because they don't want to wait 2-3 days to get it for free - you can submit a complaint to Immigration and tell them you think what they are doing is illegal and see what happens.

Here - I'll even give you the link to the Immigration Bureau's Contact Form:
https://www.immigration.go.th/contact_form

(Awhile ago - many years now in fact - they started charging a small fee to have the Certificate completed and ready for pick up the next morning. Then the fee went up and you could get it the same day. Then the fee went up again and you could get it within a few minutes.)

I think you can still get it for free though - if you are willing to wait 3-4 days that is. Would be interesting to see what they would say if someone tried that.

And if you ever needed a resident certificate in a European country you will laugh about the fee of only 500 THB...

1 hour ago, garzhe said:

And the banks that falsify the deposit books with 800K deposit. Will they be closed down

the banks don't falsify anything, what on earth are you talking about

get your facts right before posting this utter nonsense 

Looking at Big Jokes latest claims as total BS as we can verify his claims amongst ourselves and not believe the media hype.  Does this mean all his previous claims that we have been excited about "Cleaning  up the country" been total BS all along??? All those media statistics of his changes been fake all along and is the jig up?

Archived