All overstayers flushed out by month's end, immigration corruption over - Big Joke

webfact

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Marley01 said:

Just went through immigration yesterday, what happened to those “no tips” signs???

Did you ask for a VOA ?

The "No Tip" signs are (were?) only on these VOA desks used by Chinese (among others)

It's not over and never will be. I got stopped by the police in Hua Hin and bcos I never had my license on me they told me it was a 1000thb fine which was written on the ticket they showed. As I am a believer in doing the right thing I handed over my 1000thb, however no ticket and 500thb change. Now obviously the cop pocketed it and had the cheek to tell me he was in a good mood today. Never mind the others who were passing by, no helmet, no number plate and probably no license whereas I said that I could go and get my license along with my IDP similar to the UK, you have a certain time to produce the documents but Thailand seems to be a busmans holiday for the authorities.

4 minutes ago, dougiemac57 said:

It's not over and never will be. I got stopped by the police in Hua Hin and bcos I never had my license on me they told me it was a 1000thb fine which was written on the ticket they showed. As I am a believer in doing the right thing I handed over my 1000thb, however no ticket and 500thb change. Now obviously the cop pocketed it and had the cheek to tell me he was in a good mood today. Never mind the others who were passing by, no helmet, no number plate and probably no license whereas I said that I could go and get my license along with my IDP similar to the UK, you have a certain time to produce the documents but Thailand seems to be a busmans holiday for the authorities.

Still, better losing 20 quid than going to court or getting deported. He probably would have settled for 500 baht. No wonder he was in a good mood. Best check your helmet- maybe someone wrote 'MUG' in thick black ink.

36 minutes ago, theswedishguy said:

...(Meanwhile, my home country has replaced half the population with immigrants and they have 300K "paperless" people staying. Getting free healthcare, money, schooling and so on. Stuff that I /my parents cant get even after the Swedish government steals 90% in tax each month) 

Well what do you expect your home country to do when the other half of the population, all the true, quality, hard-working Swedish flee the coop, camp out on a tropical beach on the other side of the planet and spend all their hard-earned in that other country? They've got to fill the vacancies or the neighbors to the east will think the house is empty, kick the doors in and squat.

2 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Lovely...made our day with this statement !....Now how about tackling the official taxi crooks all over Bangkok at at the airport refusing the meter ?

That's already been done (about 10 times)....it seems to be on a biennial schedule.   But hey, when they do it again they will make it sound like it was the first time it's ever been tackled. 

Another smoke and mirror prediction?  If the guy is really such a darling maybe he could be assigned to help the PM meet it's prediction that he will fix the traffic problem in Bangkok in a few months?

Funny, the name Big Joke?  trying to figure that one out normally from my experience Thai nicknames like " Big " " Champ " has turned up to be somewhat of a disguise for their shortcomings?????

56 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Did you ask for a VOA ?

The "No Tip" signs are (were?) only on these VOA desks used by Chinese (among others)

They were on all desks at Bkk international  Saturday night. 

When I arrived. 

Plus numerous others in Chinese only.

Amazingly quiet too.

6pm Saturday night. 

Maybe all the deportees going out is where the action was.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

So the Joke is going to stop immigration corruption.:cheesy:

From now on anybody wanting a resident cert will get it free, and not pay the 500 baht demanded, absolute BS.

Jeeze ,, Me 1000 (saying) no receipt.

will be waiting with bated breath for next one.lol

1 hour ago, CeeGee said:

Ok Big Joke, publish your personal cell phone number and invite anyone who has encountered corruption when dealing with your immigration officials to call you directly when in front of the official concerned.

Lets see how many phone calls you get.If you are right, your phone should be very quiet.

But he reportedly doesn't speak English. 

His Chinese is up to #68 on the take away orders menu though. 

6 hours ago, 1337markus said:

He said that previously there were 100,000 people on overstay. Of these just 500 are left, reported Komchadluek.

OH my where did they get approx 3,170 aircraft ( allowing 300 empty seats per aircraft) in a hurry to pack them off home????????????????????????????? If you are going to BS do your maths first.

he already has the first plane ready

000SIT_3377-2.jpg.cd6f98508fe341a40960f1b472dc8e90.jpg

3 hours ago, Cereal said:

I'm not sure,but this Big Joke fellow at least seems to be trying to do something. More power to him. Overstayers should be caught, fined and jailed till they pay the fine plus a one way ticket out then taken to the airport and blackballed forever.

Don't forget the caning????

4 hours ago, Chivas said:

Well done top work. I fail to see how a moderator here thought it was seriously funny at the start of the thread.  Get em out simple as. Hope these visa agents are all closed down as well

He must know how many are on overstay for obvious reasons.

Always the pixx take from some on thaivisa why not praise the work that Thailand is taking week in week out

I am deeply impressed with your critical thinking skills. The dept of education is looking at ways of improving the education of Thai children , you should give them a call.

Had a drink with my policeman mate from immigration a couple of hours ago.  I said that it appears you can't take money for 'favours' any more.  No paying to get your extension approved etc.  His answer while laughing.  "Don't worry.  Everything is same.  Don't listen to newspaper reports".  That's pretty much verbatim.

So much for fear from above!

7 hours ago, Konini said:

4 weeks in Chiang Mai - I've just picked one up.  Haven't heard from anyone applying for one in the last few days, so perhaps it's improved.  The office hours certainly have - 6am to 8pm now.

As an aside, last time I got one it was 2 weeks; not about 2 weeks, they told you to come back in 14 days.  This time I got a slip to return in 30 days at 5pm when I declined the 'express service'.  Perhaps there weren't enough people willing to pay for the sake of 2 weeks, but whatever the reason for it, it has doubled.

At ,east you get one ,Kanchanaburi dont issue them period,same they refuse to do 90 day reports on line

12 hours ago, 1337markus said:

He said that previously there were 100,000 people on overstay. Of these just 500 are left, reported Komchadluek.

OH my where did they get approx 3,170 aircraft ( allowing 300 empty seats per aircraft) in a hurry to pack them off home????????????????????????????? If you are going to BS do your maths first.

All were given Journalist ID cards, and sent to the Saudi embassy...

Archived