All overstayers flushed out by month's end, immigration corruption over - Big Joke

webfact

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's super cop "Big Joke" has declared an end to corrupt practices at immigration offices and the deputy chief of police has said that the target for overstayers still in the kingdom by the end of November is "zero".

my experiences over  a long time and 5 different imm offices is that the imm officers do not know their own laws and  have an attitude problem with non-thais; what ever this mouthpiece says will not change either of them

I take the point that there will always be some overstayers in the Kingdom but if this is not just some flash in the pan i applaud Maj. Gen. surachate for his efforts in trying to get the imm. division into better shape and i hope this is just the start and to make things just a little easier for the genuine immigrants that come to the Kingdom to make their life better and like me i think they love Thailand and Thai people.

16 hours ago, 1337markus said:

He said that previously there were 100,000 people on overstay. Of these just 500 are left, reported Komchadluek.

OH my where did they get approx 3,170 aircraft ( allowing 300 empty seats per aircraft) in a hurry to pack them off home????????????????????????????? If you are going to BS do your maths first.

If B.S. was tarseal, Govt. could pave a four lane highway to the moon and back! :clap2:

And, amazingly, they believe their own B.S. and don't realise that everyone else recognises it for what it is! Numbnuts! ????

32 minutes ago, jewell49 said:

I take the point that there will always be some overstayers in the Kingdom but if this is not just some flash in the pan i applaud Maj. Gen. surachate for his efforts in trying to get the imm. division into better shape and i hope this is just the start and to make things just a little easier for the genuine immigrants that come to the Kingdom to make their life better and like me i think they love Thailand and Thai people.

If you believe,  big joker and his campaigns and campaign style,  is going to make yours or anyone else's life easier in Thailand as a foreigner,  when dealing with immigration,  your in for a very big disappointment. 

It all will only add up to,  more paper work, more visits, more scrutiny,

more stop and checks in the streets,  more stops, on, or in your vehicles, more time wasted,  more xenophobia. :whistling:

15 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

There is technically nothing illegal about it.

You can legally borrow money from anyone.

An immigration officer can legally waive the seasoning period. It's at his discretion.

So......where's the illegal act?

That money had to be in a Thai bank account on the applicants name since 2 months, isn't it?

So what is being said here.Is it legal or not for an agent to put the funds in your bank to obtain your retirement visa,it would seem to me to be legal as i dont see any comment saying you have to prove the money has always been yours.So you could also borrow  the money and as long as it shows on your bank acc whats the problem,i see nothing to say you cannot do this.

17 hours ago, johng said:
17 hours ago, smedly said:
It seems that Chonburi (Jomtien) answer to this is to stop issuing them - so rather than not charging a 300baht backhander they are no longer going to provide the service  

Only 1 report about that on here...in the Chaingmai forum have you seen any others ?

yes happened to a friend last week but seems to be back to normal now.

39 minutes ago, pattaya1234was said:

All you cynics might just stop and think for a moment ,re-the Certificates of Residence, and wonder why Jomtien stopped issuing them for a couple of days. Maybe ,just maybe, BJ is getting results! You never know?! 

Nah,  its called regrouping.

if your theory was right, they would have just said. it free now mister, and give a big smile. :whistling: 

download.jpg

4 hours ago, kevin612 said:

corruption is over? I don't think so unless you have an army in thailand.

That can never happen in such a short space of time as corruption is endemic in Thailand, ingrained in its culture and generally accepted by all.

HOWEVER corruption was wiped out in Singapore when a real and strong leader took over, Lee Kuan Yew, and that is what Thailand needs, but will never get as it will impact upon the upward flow of money to many powerful people...……….so stop believing this rubbish and get on with life here as best you can.

the corruption didnt change, just evolved a little to adjust.

last week, Chaiyaphum immigration.

yes, they have the sign now that "No Tips"

so, copying is not for tip up to you, but 2 thb per copy, no receipt.

same same, but different ????

the house visit for a flat 2000thb was in the same fashion conducted, too...

Well put xylophone,i think all this is causing many to worry.Just carry on.Yes you have a problem if  you are overstaying,thats a fact everybody understands but i think retirement visa holders who use an agent or borrow money to show funds in a thai bank when applying for a visa should carry on as per norm.I do my 90 day reports online with no problems,and i have just had my agent renew my 1yr retirement extension which i will report online as normal,if they say its a new 1 yr extension and you need to do the 1st report in person then  i will do that,i am still not going to worry because i use an agent,why should i worry the thai's let the agents operate and the reputable agents claim its safe to do your visa that way,and immigration grant and stamp your passport  from your agent with another years extension, i just follow what the agent says if there is some problem with immigration they  can take it up with the agent,not my problem,agent says it legal thats good enough for me

• immigration should change the rules , to include the value of property as part of the required 65,000  , many un married Farang ,own condos or live in a house they paid fore in there girlfriends name,  and can prove they paid for it , I will give an example , when I last did my retirement visa , due to a big offshore investment in a company ,that was supposed to float, in  April ,but didn't  I  was struggling to show 65,000 a month as the Australian dollar was in free fall , as well that was despite, the fact my condos and other investment in Thailand are worth over ten million baht , plus I made the mistake of putting income in my girlfriends name. I am fixing that now. I could have been kicked out, wont happen next year as now I will have to show the money, a statuary dec ,is not going to be excepted, next year , I am not the only one being told this ,  many retired people , who own property condos but only have there pensions in Australians cases $22100 a year and no other income , will be kicked out , of the country they have made there home for many years. or forced to sell there condos to comply ,with the laws now in place , this is cruel , the Australian dollar have depreciated from 33 baht to 23 baht , this is a huge drop in income over the last few years , but still way over the amount required to live here ,(42,358 baht a month 508,296 baht a year) so where some one before could show a combined , pension and bank money to facilitate ,the required income value of 65,000 a month ,this for many is now untenable , due to the loss of 17,000 baht a month due to the Australian dollar falling. there pensions were in baht 60,777 baht a month 729,324 baht a year so they only needed under 100,000 baht to cover what was require to keep there retirement visa, now they need to show , 300,000 baht  extra ,and meny cant do it,  with out selling there condos, making them homeless, and having to chew up there money in rents. this is why condo ownership should be included , say 30 percent of the required income off set against , ownership of a condo , and not hard to prove as deeds have to be in your name, and presented when you get your , renewal every year. also this reduces the amount you require to live as you don't pay rent. Many of these people ,have had to pay the visa companies ,rip off fees ( part bribery money) to stay in Thailand , through no fault of there own.  They  have there life here they contribute, to the Thai economy ,support businesses ,support many families, are not trouble makers, not the bad guys ,I don't know how this suggestion , can be summited to the government, to save many ,long term , retirees, the visa racket , is coming to an end , so many long term older ,retirees will face, being evicted from Thailand, meny of there people have nothing to go home to, they sold there houses to live here , and would end up in poverty.

On 10/31/2018 at 1:11 AM, colinneil said:

So the Joke is going to stop immigration corruption.:cheesy:

From now on anybody wanting a resident cert will get it free, and not pay the 500 baht demanded, absolute BS.

And no room 4 in Chiang mai immigration?

19 hours ago, shan777 said:
  • immigration should change the rules , to include the value of property as part of the required 65,000  , many un married Farang ,own condos or live in a house they paid fore in there girlfriends name,  and can prove they paid for it , I will give an example , when I last did my retirement visa , due to a big offshore investment in a company ,that was supposed to float, in  April ,but didn't  I  was struggling to show 65,000 a month as the Australian dollar was in free fall , as well that was despite, the fact my condos and other investment in Thailand are worth over ten million baht , plus I made the mistake of putting income in my girlfriends name. I am fixing that now. I could have been kicked out, wont happen next year as now I will have to show the money, a statuary dec ,is not going to be excepted, next year , I am not the only one being told this ,  many retired people , who own property condos but only have there pensions in Australians cases $22100 a year and no other income , will be kicked out , of the country they have made there home for many years. or forced to sell there condos to comply ,with the laws now in place , this is cruel , the Australian dollar have depreciated from 33 baht to 23 baht , this is a huge drop in income over the last few years , but still way over the amount required to live here ,(42,358 baht a month 508,296 baht a year) so where some one before could show a combined , pension and bank money to facilitate ,the required income value of 65,000 a month ,this for many is now untenable , due to the loss of 17,000 baht a month due to the Australian dollar falling. there pensions were in baht 60,777 baht a month 729,324 baht a year so they only needed under 100,000 baht to cover what was require to keep there retirement visa, now they need to show , 300,000 baht  extra ,and meny cant do it,  with out selling there condos, making them homeless, and having to chew up there money in rents. this is why condo ownership should be included , say 30 percent of the required income off set against , ownership of a condo , and not hard to prove as deeds have to be in your name, and presented when you get your , renewal every year. also this reduces the amount you require to live as you don't pay rent. Many of these people ,have had to pay the visa companies ,rip off fees ( part bribery money) to stay in Thailand , through no fault of there own.  They  have there life here they contribute, to the Thai economy ,support businesses ,support many families, are not trouble makers, not the bad guys ,I don't know how this suggestion , can be summited to the government, to save many ,long term , retirees, the visa racket , is coming to an end , so many long term older ,retirees will face, being evicted from Thailand, meny of there people have nothing to go home to, they sold there houses to live here , and would end up in poverty.

You have a point, but debateable...…….however may I respectfully suggest using paragraphs to make your post easier to read. Thanks.

On Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 2:57 PM, IamNoone88 said:

I've never had to pay a "back hander". Just give all the right documents and smile.

Just what I did last Weds.  Imm. Maesai , up the steps asked at the door if I wanted 90 day report , yes , over to the counter , all sorted in 2 minutes , a wai  , a smile and out , no one else in the place , easiest ever if BJ had something to do with this I will send him a xmas card.

On Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 5:36 PM, smedly said:

the banks don't falsify anything, what on earth are you talking about

get your facts right before posting this utter nonsense

Thanks smedly , I was going through all the pages here looking for a response , I try not to repeat some that has been said 50 times .

Yes I will go to K Bank and say " If i give you a back hander will you give me pass book with 800,000k in it ? "  Yes truly utter nonsense.

Well having that fully functioning computer system with every alien fully being monitored with the TM6/28/30 parole system should make things easy, I'm sure all the bad aliens diligently submit them and it's not a hassle at all for the others.

On 11/1/2018 at 9:56 AM, xylophone said:

HOWEVER corruption was wiped out in Singapore when a real and strong leader took over, Lee Kuan Yew, and that is what Thailand needs, but will never get as it will impact upon the upward flow of money to many powerful people...……….so stop believing this rubbish and get on with life here as best you can.

It was, yes, the unfortunate side effect of LKY's heavy handed approach was that the people there are now somewhat lifeless and dull. Best way to do it would be education, but that ain't going to happen with the current or previous buffoons at helm. Fairly hopeless unless Thailand gets colonized by the Brits like SG&HK was.

On 10/31/2018 at 2:08 PM, rkidlad said:

I know of a few people who I'm sure are on overstay. I'd bet my house that they will still be pottering about come the end of November. 

When i can get the keys?^^

But you are 100% right he csn not catch them all..

Archived