New Year present from the Thai government: Medical ganja on the way!

webfact

9 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

I am allergic to marijuana. If I inhale the smoke - I have to get medical treatment. Are they going to be smoking it in public?

555 a second hand high apologist in the making. Just take a deep breath at any bus stop in Bangkok and let's see what is making you sick.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, car720 said:

This time it is in the hands of a much tougher group of thieves.

The government.  Also, big pharma.

I'm pretty sure they Will producera better quality products than the God knows how tainted products of the Thai mafia.

So NOW , we will have DRIVERS of ALL sorts of  mechanically propelled vehicles, not only DRUNk, High on Drugs but also HIGH on LERGAL Medical POT and the enforcement will be done by whom...………………….the RTP are not capable pof dealing with Drunk Drivers, now with this it will be anarchy on the Roads coupled with even more deaths and injuries.

I think the current regime is on the stuff NOW !!

34 minutes ago, Khun Paul said:

So NOW , we will have DRIVERS of ALL sorts of  mechanically propelled vehicles, not only DRUNk, High on Drugs but also HIGH on LERGAL Medical POT and the enforcement will be done by whom...………………….the RTP are not capable pof dealing with Drunk Drivers, now with this it will be anarchy on the Roads coupled with even more deaths and injuries.

I think the current regime is on the stuff NOW !!

Why do you think marijuana use will increase? It's available for cheap everywhere already.

There is no evidence that legalization increase use

7 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

Although my research on this subject is not exhaustive, I understand that the THC content of most medical marijuana (the part that makes people high) is rather low, too low to be of much fun, apparently.

I think that's not true.

CBD oil has low THC and is used for various reasons.

But THC itself has medical use so there is definitely medical cannabis with very high THC content.

I think for example chemotherapy patients use THC to work up an appetite for food.

15 minutes ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

Awesome news, I just hope that they manage to roll this out without much mishap and chaos. 
What would the penalty be for importing CBD after the law is passed? 

Hopefully just a fine.

It makes no sense that CBD is illegal for anyone... Should be flowing freely all over the world.. tons of benefits. No high. No harmful side effects. 

The fact that it's illegal in most countries proves that governments around the world are corrupt and/or extremely incompetent.

55 minutes ago, phil2407 said:

What about the Dutch guy that got banged up for allegedly using drug money even though what he did business wise was perfectly legal 

I rather suspect that he was banged up for having a large amount of money (origins legality and providence  irrelevant) and failing to make suitable "investments" with various influential people.

4 minutes ago, hobz said:

Hopefully just a fine.

It makes no sense that CBD is illegal for anyone... Should be flowing freely all over the world.. tons of benefits. No high. No harmful side effects. 

The fact that it's illegal in most countries proves that governments around the world are corrupt and/or extremely incompetent.

Well there is a lot of stigma based around anything weed related, and that comes from all of the propaganda that was pushed by alcohol companies, but also way back in the 1920s when a man named Andrew Mellon (one of the richest men back then) basically used his wealth and power to demonise it, so that his paper company would triumph over the use of hemp. All of this has painted weed with a very negative brush, when in fact it's safer, more beneficial, and easier on society, than most recreational substances out there, including alcohol. 
Here is a link about Mr Mellon and his business ventures 

http://www.ozarkia.net/bill/pot/blunderof37.html

23 minutes ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

Awesome news, I just hope that they manage to roll this out without much mishap and chaos. 
What would the penalty be for importing CBD after the law is passed? 

I'm sure that the right influential person or corporation ( it boils down to the same thing) will be selected to grow, produce and supply the stuff. Government agencies uniformed and civilian will be tasked with regulating its use, and no doubt in time a variety of informal fiscal arrangements will emerge, to allow the enthusiastic amateur to partake...

41 minutes ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

Well there is a lot of stigma based around anything weed related, and that comes from all of the propaganda that was pushed by alcohol companies, but also way back in the 1920s when a man named Andrew Mellon (one of the richest men back then) basically used his wealth and power to demonise it, so that his paper company would triumph over the use of hemp. All of this has painted weed with a very negative brush, when in fact it's safer, more beneficial, and easier on society, than most recreational substances out there, including alcohol. 
Here is a link about Mr Mellon and his business ventures 

http://www.ozarkia.net/bill/pot/blunderof37.html

Heard about that stuff. But governments shouldn't enforce laws based on stigma and propaganda. That makes them look incompetent and/or corrupt. 

I really don't get it who benefits from the war on drugs. 

It's not the people.

It's not the government.

The only one who benefits are the drug dealers. Why would governments enforce laws that only benefit mafia / criminals? 

Legalization on the other hand benefits everyone. People get better quality drugs. Government gets tax revenue. People can get help for their drug abuse problems without fear of being penalized. 

I could go on. 

11 minutes ago, hobz said:

Heard about that stuff. But governments shouldn't enforce laws based on stigma and propaganda. That makes them look incompetent and/or corrupt. 

I really don't get it who benefits from the war on drugs. 

It's not the people.

It's not the government.

The only one who benefits are the drug dealers. Why would governments enforce laws that only benefit mafia / criminals? 

Legalization on the other hand benefits everyone. People get better quality drugs. Government gets tax revenue. People can get help for their drug abuse problems without fear of being penalized. 

I could go on. 

Not need to legalise it - just decriminalise it?

Anyhow medical marijuana, (as I understand it) has the principal psychoactive constituent - THC - removed or heavily reduced.

I believe it will be fully legal eventually 

It only matter of time 

Its new world today then 30 years ago 

Now its legal in Canada and USA 

Many years ago it would give Thailand bad name 

But now when its legal it different 

People are wiser and the truth is iut

And it will bring so much money to the country 

16 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Not need to legalise it - just decriminalise it?

Anyhow medical marijuana, (as I understand it) has the principal psychoactive constituent - THC - removed or heavily reduced.

THC is the active ingredient in some forms of medical marijuana. CBD in others.

They both have medical properties but only one gets you high.

Archived