More than 130 drug abusers arrested in Saraburi pub raid

webfact

More than 130 drug abusers arrested in Saraburi pub raid

By The Nation

c48ea07e5aa52caa531850f921568e70.jpeg

More than 130 drug abusers and 128 underage drinkers were found in a raid on a pub in Saraburi early on Thursday.

7c6010e96fedf2ce3fcb54aa4e15b9e6.jpeg

Provincial and juvenile protection officers raided the Lang Khao Pub in Tambon Huay Sai of Nong Kae district at 1am and found it crowded with drinkers on Halloween night.

The raid was jointly carried out by the investigation division of the Provincial Administration Department, Saraburi provincial administration and the Juvenile Observation and Protection Department.

Authorities checked ID cards of the patrons and found 128 of them were younger than 20 years. Of the 128, 43 were younger than 18.

b1c1a0f58fdafefbf288108f87602f1a.jpeg

Officials also found that 131 of the patrons tested positive for drug use and were arrested for mandatory rehabilitation.

Authorities also found 83 packets of ketamine and ecstasy on the floor and in toilets.

The pub manager, Krissana Wongduan, 30, was arrested.

acabe0fd33d9d7995cda29dcd3eb02bd.jpeg

The pub is owned by his mother, Kwanjit Sae-ngui.

Both Krissana and Kwanjit were charged with operating an entertainment place without a licence, selling alcoholic drinks beyond legal hours, selling alcoholic drinks to people younger than 20, selling alcoholic drinks to children under 18, encouraging children to behave improperly and selling alcoholic drinks with illegal promotions.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30357643

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-01

Funny how so many people get their knickers in a knot when talking about the Full Moon party on Koh Phangan, when in reality it is relatively mild compared to this story ...and this is most likely just one of hundreds of such places.

It's "high" time the government legalised drugs, so some controls can be brought in. After all, keeping them illegal seems to be pointless as each successive generation listens less and less to the bullshit anti-drug campaigners spout.

Tell me again how they're winning the drug war. 

Extrapolation of these revealing  figures to every pub and club in the country every night, and we have a massive pharmaceutical cash cow, not a ridiculously dubbed drugs "scourge". 

They only send the kids to rehab because the sheer arsehattery of jailing kids for experimenting has filled every prison to 30 times capacity. 

When are they going to get the message that people ENJOY getting high, that the drugs are far far better at the job than shitty alcohol, and in almost all cases, no harm done. 

Why not just legalize, tax and sell in hygienic pharma measured doses? 

Precisely how are these drugs more harmful than the legal drug Alcohol?

It's rhetorical.

They are not.

Nobody stabs anybody on Ketamine (anaesthetic) or MDMA (invented to make bored married couples hot for each other).

That's why Royal College of Surgeons want ALL drugs legalised. 

And why, one day, they will be. 

6 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

I hope they do legalise. The sooner they all OD the better. Those Surgeons have a crafty agenda.!!. Those opium dens were fine, they just died n rubbish collectors burnt em so descent folks never had to see it..

Similar attitudes have compounded the problem the world faces today. It's akin to someone saying that they hope that everyone who drinks is diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver and dies.

3 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

I hope they do legalise. The sooner they all OD the better. Those Surgeons have a crafty agenda.!!. Those opium dens were fine, they just died n rubbish collectors burnt em so descent folks never had to see it..

I seem to have upset the JUNKIES.:crazy:

1 hour ago, Chassa said:

I wondered where the "Pubs" were in Thailand, now I know they are those nightclub places like the Tawan Daeng in Udon Thani - not real Public Houses at all!

There are plenty pubs along sukhumvit....and kaosanroad has plenty but they also sell food.

Most neighbourhoods also have one but it looks very dodgy and unfriendly...i never see customers going in/out of those and the wife thinks they sell drugs there. I've also never ever seen people go in/out of those huge shorttime hotels, even not at night.

Pattaya, Samui and the lot also have plenty..

But during new year i've seen loads of thai kids sitting on the streets with alcohol.

Cops Punished Over Halloween Rager Packed With Minors, Drugs

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

S__45006857-696x465.jpg

On Thursday early morning, police raided Back Mountain Pub in Saraburi’s Nong Khae district and arrested hundreds of revelers.

SARABURI — Five Saraburi police were removed from their positions following a raid that found a pub packed with underage revelers and rampant drug use.

Five members of the Nong Khae police force Thursday were removed from active duty and ordered to report to regional police headquarters for dereliction of duty after 128 minors were found at the Back Mountain Pub on Halloween night. Officers said 130 attendees tested positive for drugs.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/11/02/cops-punished-over-halloween-rager-packed-with-minors-drugs/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-11-02

22 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Similar attitudes have compounded the problem the world faces today. It's akin to someone saying that they hope that everyone who drinks is diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver and dies.

Countries who have adopted sensible drug policies, Portugal and Czech Republic, have reported nothing but success and progress in their efforts. Less addicts, people get medical help instead of jail time. Portugal decriminalized ALL drugs 15 years ago and has never been better off. 

WAR ON DRUGS = FAIL. 

Well they tried prohibition in America 90 years ago and we all know how that worked out. There have been drugs since the beginning of mankind. The War on drugs will NEVER be won. Legalize it, collect the tax, let druggies out of prison 

And everybody wins. If people want drugs they will have to work to buy them, not support the drug lords

On 11/2/2018 at 9:09 AM, Blue bruce said:

Well they tried prohibition in America 90 years ago and we all know how that worked out. There have been drugs since the beginning of mankind. The War on drugs will NEVER be won. Legalize it, collect the tax, let druggies out of prison 

And everybody wins. If people want drugs they will have to work to buy them, not support the drug lords

I agree with all 'cept 'letting the druggies out of prison'  just because it is legal now don't mean they should be released, they were convicted of breaking the law back then, they should serve their time.

Archived