Thailand drops to 27th position in 'ease of doing business' ranking

webfact

Thailand drops to 27th position in 'ease of doing business' ranking

By The Nation

b26cc5cb1203b7f4d260645194e4a7a4.jpeg

The World Bank said on Thursday that Thailand’s ranking in doing business drops to 27th from 26th place last year.

Thailand’s Ease of Doing Business (EODB) score, an absolute measure of the country's progress toward global best practice, reached 78.45 this year, up from 77.39 last year.

Thailand remains among the top 30 of the 190 economies in the EODB ranking, according to the World Bank Group's Doing Business 2019: Training for Reform report.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30357651

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-01

Number 27 seems a reasonable ranking for Doing Business in Thailand. Unlike # 39 for starting a business or # 67 for dealing with construction permits or # 66 for registering property. The last two are probably due to the envelope factor.

Doing business and using Thailand as a hub is a definite no-no. Too much bureaucracy, red-tape and xenophobia. I took my businesses to HK & Singapore ages ago, and having no problems functioning as a normal entity, where they do take you seriously and treat you as equal.

1 hour ago, the guest said:

Doing business and using Thailand as a hub is a definite no-no. Too much bureaucracy, red-tape and xenophobia. I took my businesses to HK & Singapore ages ago, and having no problems functioning as a normal entity, where they do take you seriously and treat you as equal.

I can see you being prosecuted under the computer crimes act - for posting fake news. Just the sort of thing the PM won't tolerate - if he can suppress it.

6 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

#27 in the ease of doing business index huh...only if you are Thai.

Actually the World Bank Ease of DOing Business Index does not look at foreign investor businesses, only local businesses and usually only limited liability companies.

Archived