Thai woman driver fined for lane changing - but checkout the location of her car!

webfact

Thai woman driver fined for lane changing - but checkout the location of her car!

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Thais laid into the police force yesterday for incompetence and being only interested in collecting fines.

The reason?

A Thai woman went online after she got a ticket through the post demanding 500 baht for illegal lane changing.

No problem there.

There was just one thing - her vehicle had broken down and was on the back of the rescue vehicle at the time.

It was being transported away for repair. 

The owner went into a foray of facetiousness saying: "It's a fair cop, you have all the evidence. I'm in the wrong right, gotta pay 500 baht right??"  

She ended with some emojis and a halloween hashtag.

Sanook reported that posters online laid into the police for not checking properly and being only interested in taking people's money. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-01

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, kotsak said:

Apparently someone forgot to ring that bell they installed at all police stations that keeps the BiBs alert...

Remember that classic Christmas movie, "It's a Wonderful Life"? At the very end, the little girl tells her daddy she's heard that every time a bell rings an angel is getting its wings.

Since the recent "golden bell" idiocy, this might apply to the local police force as well; only here it's: Every time a bell rings an incompetent or corrupt police officer is either imposing a non-justified fine or pockets a bribe, respectively. And those bells ring often, apparently.

The problem is that with CCTV the camera picks up the license plate and send the ticket.  Happens more than people think in Canada.

The good news is she is sure to get off.  The problem today is that every little mistake that is made becomes an internet sensation.

29 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

The problem is that with CCTV the camera picks up the license plate and send the ticket.

Exactly. And now the police need to examine the recovery truck to see why its number plate wasn't detected.

58 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

The problem is that with CCTV the camera picks up the license plate and send the ticket.  Happens more than people think in Canada.

The good news is she is sure to get off.  The problem today is that every little mistake that is made becomes an internet sensation.

Maybe I'm being ignorant - but how on earth does the ticket/letter get sent out and mailed without anyone noticing the car is on the back of a truck?

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

Except the licence plate it should have picked up was that of the rescue vehicle.

2 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Remember that classic Christmas movie, "It's a Wonderful Life"? At the very end, the little girl tells her daddy she's heard that every time a bell rings an angel is getting its wings.

Since the recent "golden bell" idiocy, this might apply to the local police force as well; only here it's: Every time a bell rings an incompetent or corrupt police officer is either imposing a non-justified fine or pockets a bribe, respectively. And those bells ring often, apparently.

Jingle bells, Jingle bells jingle all the time...

6 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Except the licence plate it should have picked up was that of the rescue vehicle.

I guess the number plate on the car was probably cleaner and more clearly legibly so that was the one the recognition software on the camera system picked out of the image. The trucks one was probably filthy dirty. Seems to make sense to me to still send the ticket to the car owner so that they can provide info as to the owner of the truck...

41 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Maybe I'm being ignorant - but how on earth does the ticket/letter get sent out and mailed without anyone noticing the car is on the back of a truck?

Probably because the number plate of the truck wasn't legible in the photo - hence why the camera picked up the cars plate.

Makes sense to still send the ticket to the car owner to get info as to the owner of the truck, yes??

19 minutes ago, Shadychris said:

I guess the number plate on the car was probably cleaner and more clearly legibly so that was the one the recognition software on the camera system picked out of the image. The trucks one was probably filthy dirty. Seems to make sense to me to still send the ticket to the car owner so that they can provide info as to the owner of the truck...

Or start covering up the number plate of a car on a truck. A bit of old T shirt or summat.

18 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:
2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

The problem is that with CCTV the camera picks up the license plate and send the ticket.

The plate of a vehicle on a TRUCK? 

The truck more than likely had no plate.

It makes sense, these issues happen all around the world, its a machine that does the surveillance, I dont know what the fuss is.

People need to understand the technology.

27 minutes ago, Shadychris said:

Probably because the number plate of the truck wasn't legible in the photo - hence why the camera picked up the cars plate.

Makes sense to still send the ticket to the car owner to get info as to the owner of the truck, yes??

I understand how the camera system works (or doesn’t work, in this case). I meant how did a single set of human eyes not spot this when the letter was sent out?

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:
31 minutes ago, Shadychris said:

I understand how the camera system works (or doesn’t work, in this case). I meant how did a single set of human eyes not spot this when the letter was sent out?

Because no human eyes gets to see the image.

Its automated, the system generates a fine, not a human.

The system sends the fine to the registered owner of the vehicle..

1 minute ago, VYCM said:

So it prints a letter, folds it, puts in an envelope and mails it out? 

this sort of places the rtp iq below that of "cri du chat" syndrome afflicted people.

Cri-du-Chat Syndrome

C. Turleau, in Encyclopedia of Genetics, 2001

Cri-du-chat syndrome is a chromosomal disorder characterized by a deletion of the short arm of chromosome 5 encompassing the mid-portion of the terminal band 5p15. In younger patients, the characteristic cry similar to the mewing of a cat is the key diagnostic feature of the syndrome. Confirmation of the syndrome is made by karyotype analysis, which shows the deletion. The incidence of cri-du-chat syndrome is estimated as 1 in 20000 to 1 in 50000 newborn infants making this a relatively common genetic disorder. Among mentally retarded individuals with IQs of below 50, its prevalence is around 1 in 350."

A number of items:

I got feel back from a Farang for using the word " Backwards " in the way Thai government and that includes police in how they think! Personally, this falls in the category as just that.

It was reported there is over 1,000,000 outstanding tickets issue so put it in the trash with the rest of your garbage where it belongs.

This just shows when it comes to the police here the saying " The light is on but no one is home "????

2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:
4 minutes ago, VYCM said:

So it prints a letter, folds it, puts in an envelope and mails it out? 

Edited 1 minute ago by rkidlad

common mate, are you for real.

The person licking and folding the envelope has no education, they're not bothered or too low down the food chain to make a decision. The letter folder is there for his/her 300 baht a day thats it.

47 minutes ago, Shadychris said:

You are being logical. TIT

1 minute ago, VYCM said:

common mate, are you for real.

The person licking and folding the envelope has no education, they're not bothered or too low down the food chain to make a decision. The letter folder is there for his/her 300 baht a day thats it.

So the criticism of the police is justified here, then?

Archived