Thai woman driver fined for lane changing - but checkout the location of her car!

webfact

11 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

So it prints a letter, folds it, puts in an envelope and mails it out? 

Maybe different here, but about 20 years ago 'back home' whenever we sent out a big mailing it was fully automated. And yes, the machine printed, folded and put it in an envelope. Just the occasional check.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:
5 minutes ago, VYCM said:

common mate, are you for real.

The person licking and folding the envelope has no education, they're not bothered or too low down the food chain to make a decision. The letter folder is there for his/her 300 baht a day thats it.

So the criticism of the police is justified here, then?

The truck more than likely had no plate.

It makes sense, these issues happen all around the world, its a machine that does the surveillance, I dont know what the fuss is.

People need to understand the technology.

Why critisise the Police?

Its a an automated machine error, not a human error.

11 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

A number of items:

I got feel back from a Farang for using the word " Backwards " in the way Thai government and that includes police in how they think! Personally, this falls in the category as just that.

It was reported there is over 1,000,000 outstanding tickets issue so put it in the trash with the rest of your garbage where it belongs.

This just shows when it comes to the police here the saying " The light is on but no one is home "????

Yes agreed, and the elevator doesn’t go all the way to the top

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

The problem is that with CCTV the camera picks up the license plate and send the ticket.  Happens more than people think in Canada.

The good news is she is sure to get off.  The problem today is that every little mistake that is made becomes an internet sensation.

Yeah, and when there's yet another hit and run nothing is done and no sensation... Just another statistic.

26 minutes ago, VYCM said:

It makes sense, these issues happen all around the world, its a machine that does the surveillance, I dont know what the fuss is.

Sorry, you confused me. At the beginning you said that the system sends out the ticket and fine and not a human. Then you said that humans send the letter out but are not educated enough/can't be bothered/too far down the food chain to do anything.

I asked a simple question - how did this get out without anyone noticing. Your initial reply was that the system sends it out and not humans. You can see the confusion, right? 

Anyhoo, might be a good idea for the police to have people check the fines before some rube sticks it in a envelope. Even just to glance for a few seconds at the picture would help. But then again, owners of cars on the back of trucks have fines sent to the all over the world, right? 

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:
38 minutes ago, VYCM said:

Sorry, you confused me. At the beginning you said that the system sends out the ticket and fine and not a human. Then you said that humans send the letter out but are not educated enough/can't be bothered/too far down the food chain to do anything.

I asked a simple question - how did this get out without anyone noticing. Your initial reply was that the system sends it out and not humans. You can see the confusion, right? 

Anyhoo, might be a good idea for the police to have people check the fines before some rube sticks it in a envelope. Even just to glance for a few seconds at the picture would help. But then again, owners of cars on the back of trucks have fines sent to the all over the world, right? 

The technology is put in place to save money.

If a police officer is to check all the fines they may as well place the technology in the bin.

Again, these errors happen all around the world.

55 minutes ago, VYCM said:

Because no human eyes gets to see the image.

Its automated, the system generates a fine, not a human.

The system sends the fine to the registered owner of the vehicle..

Hello where on earth did you get that BS from?

A few weeks ago when they launched the cameras system fineing people for incorrect lane changes, it showed the control room photos of an operator taking the details off the system and then writing the tickets..... Manually.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

A few weeks ago when they launched the cameras system fineing people for incorrect lane changes, it showed the control room photos of an operator taking the details off the system and then writing the tickets..... Manually.

Source

Just now, VYCM said:

The technology is put in place to save money.

If a police officer is to check all the fines they may as well place the technology in the bin.

Again, these errors happen all around the world.

Not at all. The technology detects driving offences. Someone has to at least give the fine a rough look-over. 

Errors do happen all over the world. One like this is not at all common. 

12 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I remember fighting a group of tickets (false violations) in Texas that were automated camera tickets similar to the the one in this article. When confronted in court the police just said they review each photo but mistakes can be made. The judge asked why it occurred to the same person 4 times and dismissed all of them. 

1 minute ago, asiaexpat said:

I remember fighting a group of tickets (false violations) in Texas that were automated camera tickets similar to the the one in this article. When confronted in court the police just said they review each photo but mistakes can be made. The judge asked why it occurred to the same person 4 times and dismissed all of them. 

Yes, the police should review the pics and mistakes can happen. I’m just not sure how anyone could review this particular pic and make a mistake. 

17 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Exactly - no human eyes see the image - ha ha!

1 hour ago, Shadychris said:

I guess the number plate on the car was probably cleaner and more clearly legibly so that was the one the recognition software on the camera system picked out of the image. The trucks one was probably filthy dirty. Seems to make sense to me to still send the ticket to the car owner so that they can provide info as to the owner of the truck...

Thai mate painted his plate all white can't read anything

1 hour ago, VYCM said:

"Criticism" is well-founded. I will not waste my time with an explanation.

36 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, the police should review the pics and mistakes can happen. I’m just not sure how anyone could review this particular pic and make a mistake. 

Yes same in London Congestion charge, we get tickets almost monthly and all the vehicles are compliant so nothing is ever due. Considering how hard it is to get s ticket revoked here Inwondet if even possible in TL

2 hours ago, VYCM said:

Have a look in the Bkk Post. 

The 'officer' who issued the ticket is being investigated. I knew someone would have looked at it.

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Maybe I'm being ignorant - but how on earth does the ticket/letter get sent out and mailed without anyone noticing the car is on the back of a truck?

Well, you are computer illiterate... 

To help you, the first human intervention is, in all likelihood, the guy who loads the mail bag on the truck.

6 hours ago, watcharacters said:

She should be sued for defamation and have her fine increased  10 fold.

Who cares if she is right or wrong?   ????

Wonder if they issued 2 - 1 for each car to be sure….:giggle:

Archived