Thai woman driver fined for lane changing - but checkout the location of her car!

webfact

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Maybe I'm being ignorant - but how on earth does the ticket/letter get sent out and mailed without anyone noticing the car is on the back of a truck?

Because it's an automated printer/envelope sealer machine that spits them out tenfold every minute. There are no humans, except to clear paper jams. If I remember right it doesn't even have an envelope but is one of those folded and hot glued types?

EDIT: Actually, bloody hell, Thais have actually managed to automate something. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DrTuner said:

Because it's an automated printer/envelope sealer machine that spits them out tenfold every minute. There are no humans, except to clear paper jams. If I remember right it doesn't even have an envelope but is one of those folded and hot glued types?

It wasn't. An actual human officer issued the ticket.

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

It wasn't. An actual human officer issued the ticket.

Where do you see that one?

A Thai woman went online after she got a ticket through the post

And it looks like the letters I've gotten, automated.

38 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

EDIT: Actually, bloody hell, Thais have actually managed to automate something. 

You are dreaming, they bought the system off the shelf from somewhere. And they selected the vendor who offered the highest kickback. TIT.

40 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Bkk Post - top story at the moment. 

Right - the officer's name is also in the automated letters IIRC and the angle of the image is from high up, likely the automatic surveillance camera. Not sure if manual sorting is done on the computer at all before printing out, if it is, imagine doing tens of these every minute, mind numbing. I'd guess it's fully automated. BKK Post seems to have written it in a way that suggests there was actual human processing, which I doubt. Not that I'd trust BiB to be correct processing anything, just betting on the highest odds.

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

Right - the officer's name is also in the automated letters IIRC and the angle of the image is from high up, likely the automatic surveillance camera. Not sure if manual sorting is done on the computer at all before printing out, if it is, imagine doing tens of these every minute, mind numbing. I'd guess it's fully automated. BKK Post seems to have written it in a way that suggests there was actual human processing, which I doubt. Not that I'd trust BiB to be correct processing anything, just betting on the highest odds.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. 

I reckon the fine was sent out by a police officer who reads TV.  Probbaly got a bet on with his mates.  "Watch this, I'm going to send this one out, let's see how long it takes before ********** and all the other Thailand hating, lonely old losers come out the woodwork with the same old speil.

Probably have a sweepstake:

• 10 points every time one of them calls it a third world country.
  • 15 points when kickbacks get mentioned.
  • 20 point for saying the police need top to bottom reform
  • 25 points for every inference that Thais are stupid
  • 30 points each time someone says it would never happen in the west (er, it does)
  • 40 points when Thaksin, Prayut or the Red Bull Kid get mentioned.
  • 50 points for someone to comment on the average penis size

They'd being doing pretty well in this thread so far.  You know who you are. There's a big 90 points still up for grabs!

Now that is what you call OVERtaking. Yes that woman should have her license taken off her for a stupid overtaking move like that. She would kill that poor rescue truck driver as she passes through the cabin of the truck.

8 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Now that is what you call OVERtaking. Yes that woman should have her license taken off her for a stupid overtaking move like that. She would kill that poor rescue truck driver as she passes through the cabin of the truck.

Yes looks like it????

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

We can assume that you have right and that this was a typical artificial intelligence error among other issues:

The “intelligent” red-light traffic cameras installed at five key intersections in Phuket in February this year are functioning so efficiently that the budget for printing the tickets cannot keep up, reports the Phuket Provincial Police.

“The most common fine we send out is for motorcyclists not wearing helmets. The second is vehicles running red lights and the third is speeding.”

“Currently, we are facing budget issues as the cost of printing the tickets is expensive, and there are a lot of cases – tens of thousands per month,” Gen Teeraphol said.

“It costs B19 to print one ticket, and when people do not pay them, we have to send more. Altogether, printing tickets has already cost B4-5 million,” he said.

* When Passion and Technology meet ….:cheesy::clap2:

The B16 million cameras and integrated technology, provided by the Safer Roads Foundation, have the ability to automatically trigger fines to be issued against the registered owners of vehicles caught entering the intersections.

Statistics from the cameras show March as the month with highest number of no-helmet offenders with nearly 80,000 instances captured by the Technology - Just in Phuket...:shock1:

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-intelligent-traffic-cameras-too-efficient-for-printing-tickets-63464.php

34 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Somewhere there is a very clever software developer/programmer rolling on the floor laughing about this "Easter egg" that was put in the code. 

no such thing in this case.

19 minutes ago, manarak said:

no such thing in this case.

No?  I've worked with plenty of programmers, and some delight in adding clever twists in the code.  I did some software testing and a couple times I altered the code to change the error messages to something funny. 

But you are probably right.  AI and recognition software is only as good as the designers make it.  Can't include every eventuality.

42 minutes ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

Can someone explain why changing lane is illegal here? 

Fair enough when exiting a junction and you are trying to skip the queue at the last second. 

But on a normal road with no exit for miles? 

the continuous white line might give you a hint.

I checked google maps on that particular intersection and found out they have cameras behind the road signs. I assume the truck cut to the left lane quite late and the line on the road indicates no cutting (straight line). I would say a bit harsh decision by the police  as the road is not so crowded during that time and most people change lanes ignoring the lane change indicators. 

Kanlapulean1.jpg

Kanlapulean2.jpg

On 11/1/2018 at 2:31 PM, kingstonkid said:

The problem is that with CCTV the camera picks up the license plate and send the ticket.  Happens more than people think in Canada.

The good news is she is sure to get off.  The problem today is that every little mistake that is made becomes an internet sensation.

There’s no excuse ! None at all in having the inconvenience to clear a traffic violation. 

Let there be total logic applied here, this is a non-victim infraction and the only use for this authoritarian method of fining is to raise revenue. 

Totally immoral and corrupt to the core as in Canada, UK, US, Austrailaia and all the other statist authoritarian land masses who create this misuse of power. Utter crap in defending this just because it happens in another corrupt immoral authoritarian land masse that rules by the power of authoritarian force. 

On 11/1/2018 at 4:14 PM, Shadychris said:

Probably because the number plate of the truck wasn't legible in the photo - hence why the camera picked up the cars plate.

Makes sense to still send the ticket to the car owner to get info as to the owner of the truck, yes??

Another logical clown post, so this in turn makes a total innocent person to do the jobs of a public servants who get paid for the job. 

Governement; ‘hey here’s a great idea, we’ll harrass and intimidate the innocent public, and they can help us to find the culprits. <deleted> ! Yeah right what do these public servents get paid for ? 

In the UK the vehicles registered owner would a notice asking them to say who was driving at the time.

Maybe it is a fishing exercise as the could not read the transporters number plate.

When they get the the driver of the transporter wonder if they will fine him double as he was driving two vehicles at the same time. :whistling:

One piece of advice cover up your number plates if you are having it towed or transported, regardless of what ever country you in, in many countries ticketing is automated by computerised machines and it is a fact that computers have an IQ of zero.

Archived