Hua Hin - Pattaya ferry service resumes for high season

webfact

Hua Hin - Pattaya ferry service resumes for high season

986A54FC-B3D0-432A-AE30-6CC4D8E3A19F-800x445.jpg

Picture: Talk News

The Hua Hin to Pattaya ferry service resumes on Nov 1st for the high season.

Hua Hin deputy chief Chareewat Phramanee confirmed Royal Passenger Liner Co would operate a daily service between Hua Hin and Pattaya during the high season.

The service was suddenly suspended in September, with Royal Passenger Liner Co citing the low tourist season as the reason for the suspension.

Tickets for the 340 seat catamaran start at 1,250 baht, with the journey taking approximately 2.5 hours.

Meanwhile, the head of Prachuap Khiri Khan Tourism Association, Udsomuk Nimcaan, told local news site Talk News of plans to build a new pier in Pak Nam Pran, approximately 10k south of Hua Hin, which would be used for a car ferry service.

The proposed new car ferry service, which is part of the Thailand Riviera project, was first reported by Thaivisa in September.

Source: Talk News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-01

Why bother to run the service at all ?

It only runs in high season, when the Sea is like a Mill Pond, and the Chinese are queing up to get on the thing.

Alltogether a P@$# Poor service, and they should have their Operators Liscence revoked ( If they have one ).

If the Thais cannot run a service for passengers only, what chance is there for a good car Ferry service ?

12 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Why bother to run the service at all ?

It only runs in high season, when the Sea is like a Mill Pond, and the Chinese are queing up to get on the thing.

Alltogether a P@$# Poor service, and they should have their Operators Liscence revoked ( If they have one ).

If the Thais cannot run a service for passengers only, what chance is there for a good car Ferry service ?

Actually, a mixed foot passenger annex car ferry service might be more profitable.

It depends on the price, of course, the choice between a longish car drive and a short sea route might not be too difficult to make.

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

It depends on the price, of course, the choice between a longish car drive and a short sea route might not be too difficult to make.

Yes, I might be tempted if the price is right. But given that a single foot passenger ticket already costs more than it costs me to do the 4-hour drive to Hua Hin, I doubt that the price for a car + driver would be of interest. For anyone with some extra passengers, even less so.

OK, one does have to take into account the wear and tear on the vehicle, but I dont think that's huge for the fairly short distance involved.

15 hours ago, KittenKong said:

4-hour drive to Hua Hin,

Really? Is that at 3 AM? On  a good day at off peak hour it is 3 1/2 hours. If there is rain or traffic, it is 4 hours to get past Bangkok. And then one has the pattaya traffic  by then, goof for 1 hour plus.

Do you really want the hassle of the traffic? I don't.  I found the  ferry ride cost acceptable and the time saved wonderful.

On 11/2/2018 at 9:51 AM, geriatrickid said:

Really? Is that at 3 AM? On  a good day at off peak hour it is 3 1/2 hours. If there is rain or traffic, it is 4 hours to get past Bangkok. And then one has the pattaya traffic  by then, goof for 1 hour plus.

Perhaps I'm lust lucky but it usually seems to take me around 4 hours or so. I only drive during daytime and never start at the crack of dawn. I am not usually bothered by Pattaya traffic either as I live in Jomtien. And I'm not Thai so I dont need to stop every 10 miles for snacks: I do it in one go.

Even when I am stuck in traffic it isnt really a problem for me as I can catch up on UK radio programmes thanks to the wifi in my car, and for the same reason I dont really feel the time passing during the trip.

Archived