What HEALTHY imported food do you eat ?

l4ml4m

On 11/3/2018 at 5:07 PM, Longcut said:

Cheese. Mostly American cheese. I'm not saying other countries cheese is bad. I am just partial to the taste of American cheese. 

Like Philidelphia cream cheese, although not really cheese. It just tastes too different if from Australia.

Also real baked beans. Not pork and beans.

American cheese ! hahaha !!! A bit sad for your taste...

they got japanese light miso at makro in the open fridge cabinet, 1 kilo bags...I've been eating miso since I 'discovered' jap food in LA about 50 years ago...mostly just dissolve the paste in hot water on it's own or you can add noodles from an instant noodle packet (discard the flavoring packets) and what ever else you got left over in the fridge...goes pretty good with just about everything...just had some with left over bok choy in oyster sauce, mmmm good...crack in an egg, etc...

but like all fermented stuff (miso is fermented soy beans) there is a sodium overload that plays hell with the high blood pressure...sorta like soy sauce...

so maybe not that healthy after all...but it sure does taste good...comforting like chicken noodle soup...get up, have some miso soup then go back to bed and get out the kindle, etc...

'where's tutsi? it's gettin' awful late...' 'he's under the covers and on the miso again...' 'aw hell, if it ain't LSD it's the goddam miso, how're we gonna get anything done around here???...'

Archived