Resident Certificate(for Thai drivers license) on a Tourist Visa?

Schnitzelfritz

You are not going to get a residence certificate on a tourist visa, only on a non immigrant visa,  What the form says or doesn't say has nothing to do with Immigration issuing it.  The form also says nothing about any fee's yet we all know that there is usually a "service" fee for expediting the certificate

And since there are several forms for Residency Certificate floating around the Internet,  you should check with your local Immigration office on which form they want you to use 

13 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

You are not going to get a residence certificate on a tourist visa, only on a non immigrant visa,  What the form says or doesn't say has nothing to do with Immigration issuing it.  The form also says nothing about any fee's yet we all know that there is usually a "service" fee for expediting the certificate

And since there are several forms for Residency Certificate floating around the Internet,  you should check with your local Immigration office on which form they want you to use 

I know personally of several cases of such certificates having been issued while the applicant was on a tourist visa, and even one case where the applicant was on a 30 day visa exemption. But your advice is right: ask the local immigration office.

52 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

You are not going to get a residence certificate on a tourist visa, only on a non immigrant visa,  What the form says or doesn't say has nothing to do with Immigration issuing it.  The form also says nothing about any fee's yet we all know that there is usually a "service" fee for expediting the certificat

On Febryary the 3rd 2017, I got residence certificate from the immigration office in Pattaya. I used it for both Thai DL and opening bank account. I had only 30 day stamp on my passport

Thank you for all the replies so far. I will visit Immigration again, I'm thinking about getting an ED Visa if I will qualify for a drivers license with that. Seems like there are no definite answers to that subject. What might have worked for some doesn't necessarily for others ???? .

23 hours ago, zooland71 said:

question: where can I apply residency certificate in Chiangmai, before was in Promenada Shopping mall. Now they move the Immigration Office to the new place, but I don't know where is the Office to apply.

Immigration is located here:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Chiang+Rai+Immigration+Office/@19.9295253,99.8644121,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x30d7071bd1bc27fb:0xfd96793c36b5d898!8m2!3d19.9300751!4d99.8650659

Aww, you meant Chiang Mai, nevermind...

Archived