Phichit farmers keen to sell rice while prices are up

webfact

Phichit farmers keen to sell rice while prices are up

PNECO611101001000201.jpg

PHICHIT, 2 November 2018 (NNT) – Rice farmers in Phichit province have been rushing to sell their produce to the Wang Sai Poon Cooperative as prices of rice, especially Hom Mali rice, have risen considerably of late. 

Wang Sai Poon Cooperative has opened a rice buying space equipped with a standard weighing scale. It has proven particularly popular among growers due to a resolution to pay only in cash. Most of the rice being presented to the cooperative is Hom Sakol rice at 25 percent moisture, which is being bought at 12,600 baht per ton. Dried rice is being bought for 13,200 baht per ton. 

President of the cooperative Akkarawin Keswiriyakarn and cooperative manager Petcharabapasorn Petchprayun explained today Hom Sakol rice is of the same quality as Hom Mali rice and the crop will be followed by the province’s own strain of fragrant rice, Hom 105. They said that through government support and validation, the prices for both strains have increased considerably. 

Rice growers selling to the cooperative remarked that they are well satisfied with the prices they are receiving.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-11-02

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:23 PM, HAKAPALITA said:

You couldn't make that Headline up.!!. and all this time i thought you waited until.............

Looks as though they are using the YL Framework of buying rice. What happens when the market floods, and they have bought in advance?

South a bit to Lopburi, wife's daughter, and son-in-law are about to harvest they rice, a strain of fragrant rice, not certain of the moisture they are getting 9000 baht/ ton.

I bet the Phichit farmers are happy,in most areas rice harvest has just started, as Chris Lawrence said, when the main bulk of the harvest comes in the price will drop.  

As for buying in advance,I think that does not happen in Thailand, advance maybe one month, not the 5-6 months in our own countries.

A lot of maize farmers do not know what price they are getting for they crop as they are harvesting it, let along in a few months time.

Wife's Son-in-law says they are receiving  about 18 000 baht from the government for they 25 rie of rice,

I wonder if this government subsidy is included in there 12 600 baht/ton?.

Archived