730 more foreigners rounded up in nationwide “X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner” crackdowns

webfact

730 more foreigners rounded up in nationwide crackdowns

By The Nation

ffej5ehaejd7h8ckif7b5.jpg

Picture: Komchadluek

Immigration police carried out their latest nationwide search for foreigners living illegally in Thailand and made several hundred more arrests on Thursday.

Pol Maj Gen Itthipol Itthisarnronnachai, deputy commissioner of the Immigration Bureau, held a press conference at 1am on Friday to announce the results of the 38th “X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner” operation.

ke79iid86i57bfab9gbfb.jpg

Picture: Komchadluek

Itthitpol said the operation focused on 238 areas around the country and resulted in the arrest of 730 foreigners.

He said 42 of them were arrested for overstaying their visas, 277 for sneaking into the country without a visa, 83 for not doing their 90-day residential reports to immigration officials, 62 for staying in places other than the one reported to the immigration, 69 for working in professions reserved for Thais and 76 for various other offences.

Itthipol said the 38 operations had so far resulted in the arrest of 4,231 foreigners.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30357736

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-02

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, webfact said:

Itthipol said the 38 operations had so far resulted in the arrest of 4,231 foreigners.

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

730 more foreigners rounded up in nationwide crackdowns

Well, well, well! Two days ago Big Joke told us he had nabbed 99,500 and there were only 500 left nationwide. Yet the official stats of 4,231 seem to be somewhat short of his figure, plus how did they get 730, when there were only supposedly 500 left across the whole country? Surely Big Joke hasn't been exaggerating, or dare I say it, lying to us?

5 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Well, well, well! Two days ago Big Joke told us he had nabbed 99,500 and there were only 500 left nationwide. Yet the official stats of 4,231 seem to be somewhat short of his figure, plus how did they get 730, when there were only supposedly 500 left across the whole country? Surely Big Joke hasn't been exaggerating, or dare I say it, lying to us?

Numbers has never been one of their strong points. Once you get past the price of a bowl of noodles it all becomes a little complicated!

36 minutes ago, webfact said:

Pol Maj Gen Itthipol Itthisarnronnachai, deputy commissioner of the Immigration Bureau, held a press conference at 1am on Friday to announce the results of the 38th “X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner” operation.

Wot? No Big Joke?

I wonder where the missing 3591 or around 80% of the claimed 4231 total are then ??? 

They have only actually accounted for 609 !! 

Or could it be 4231 were arrested but only 609 were found to be at fault, so only around 15%, and many of those were minor issues.

Now we start to get a more realistic picture.

20 minutes ago, pumpjack said:

oh sh*t  !!!!!

im on overstay since 24th october.......flight booked to go home on 6th november.

i have been sick with lung infection.

think ill have a problem at airport ?

Didn’t you already start a thread on your current situation?

These figures are probably from the same people who predict the weather, tourists numbers, Thailand GDP and just about every figures and numbers they can come up with that make sense to the thais, but not to a rational switched on thinking people...

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

These figures are probably from the same people who predict the weather, tourists numbers, Thailand GDP and just about every figures and numbers they can come up with that make sense to the thais, but not to a rational switched on thinking people...

Probably true. I read that 86.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

9 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Probably true. I read that 86.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Only 86.2% . . . in actual fact. Next thing, there'll be a junta generated commission to see who ACTUALLY wins the 'Making-up Stats' competition, to be held every day, i.e. 67 times a month.

2 minutes ago, Ossy said:

Only 86.2% . . . in actual fact. Next thing, there'll be a junta generated commission to see who ACTUALLY wins the 'Making-up Stats' competition, to be held every day, i.e. 67 times a month.

You'd be in the running there, but it must be a reserved occupation.

7 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

So they got some for no 90 check in and staying at a different location than registered at? This whole immigration witch hunt stinks 

yeah I'm putting more sandbags around my house and a few more Claymores on the wire.

They ain't gettin' me. :cheesy:

On 11/2/2018 at 9:33 AM, webfact said:

He said 42 of them were arrested for overstaying their visas, 277 for sneaking into the country without a visa, 83 for not doing their 90-day residential reports to immigration officials, 62 for staying in places other than the one reported to the immigration, 69 for working in professions reserved for Thais and 76 for various other offences.

This is sounding more and more like just a money-making operation for RTP, with Big Joke cashing out the biggest check.  

Archived