More than 10,000 Thais deported from South Korea for overstaying their visa

webfact

More than 10,000 Thais deported from South Korea for overstaying their visa

By The Nation

Untitled-4.jpg

FILE photo

More than 10,000 Thais have been arrested and deported from South Korea for overstaying their visa during the first nine months of this year, the Thai labour attache in Seoul has reported.

Pinyuda Chaemchan, the labour attache to the Thai embassy in Seoul, updated the figures after she was briefed on the latest situation by the South Korean Immigration Office.

Pinyuda met the South Korean Immigration Office chief on Thursday.

During the meeting, she was informed that up to September, there are 192,163 Thais living in South Korea and up to 128,520 of them were overstaying their visa.

Apart from the 10,337 who had been arrested and deported, 13,297 Thais reported to Korean officials to voluntarily return to Thailand.

Pinyuda said she was informed that there are 25,046 Thai workers in South Korea and 3,420 are illegal immigrants.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30357754

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-02

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, webfact said:

During the meeting, she was informed that up to September, there are 192,163 Thais living in South Korea and up to 128,520 of them were overstaying their visa.

That's a lot of bad guys who need to be kicked out.

That’s why immigration officer at Suvarnabhumi Airport angry to me. I just traveled India with my wife around 20days and return to Thailand. In this time i enter as tour visa because my local immigration suggestion about signing date are on same date while i was in Varanasi. So

“just do again as first time get Non-O visa. Extended are impossible with your schedule.” 

I just fallow local office’s advice. 

But at the airport immigration officer said “WT* Local immigration officer said. I don’t care about your situation!”  

I disappointed and regret about trying so hard to follow Thailand rules. The government system looks like 30 years ago primitive level. 

Good guys annoying. Bad guys convinced. 

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I probably won't find out, but it might be interesting to know the difference between the Koreans 'processing and deporting Thais', compared to how it works with immigration here doing the same with foreigners.

What I want to know is, do the Thais getting booted out of S. Korea get to stay in wonderful accommodation like the Thai BKK IDC before they make the long trip home?   Hopefully the treatment is reciprocal between the two countries!  :sleep:

The S. Korean Immigration authorities, meanwhile, do seem to have a fair bit better grasp on their numbers and statistics than their Thai counterparts do.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

More than 10,000 Thais have been arrested and deported from South Korea

Another 10,000 prostitutes back into the Thai sex industry. That will lower the cost per trick and undercut the local girls. So much for competition; it helps keeps market prices at an even level.

Archived