More than 10,000 Thais deported from South Korea for overstaying their visa

webfact

19 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Interesting to see Thai's are abusing the system in Korea FAR MORE than foreigners in Thailand.

The numbers of deported overstayers is not always identical to those that are actually abusing the system, but can remain undetected.

Wasn't there a report not so long ago that Thailand had already caught a similar number of overstaying foreigners, and still counting?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Ando62 said:

A lot of narrow minded and bitter opinions here.

Does no one stop to think that every country in the world grapples with overstayers from all nationalities and each government deals with the problem the way they fèel they need to.

Only reason we're hearing about it here is we are on a Thai expatriate forum.

I'll probably be labeled a Thai apologist as everyone here with differing views from the mainstream TV posters are. I'm not ashamed to admit that I love Thailand and it's people.  Sure some things about Thailand annoy me but I also get annoyed by some things about my home country.

We all have our differences but that's what makes the world an exciting place.

Are you a reincarnated "Thai apologist", or a "Thai apologist" reincarnated?

Unbelievable 128,520 OUT OF 192,163 That must certainly be an Olympic Record that equates to 67% maybe it is the Thai Education system these poor buggers must not have learnt to Read yet. I thought with the latest publicity Thailand are checking out the overstays in Thailand, theirs is only minor compared to South Korea , if they bring all these back unemployment will rocket sky high.  

42 minutes ago, Ando62 said:

Does no one stop to think that every country in the world grapples with overstayers from all nationalities and each government deals with the problem the way they fèel they need to.

I'll probably be labeled a Thai apologist as everyone here with differing views from the mainstream TV posters are. I'm not ashamed to admit that I love Thailand and it's people.  Sure some things about Thailand annoy me but I also get annoyed by some things about my home country.

did you miss the irony of the number of Thai overstayers in SK compared to the nasty foreigner overstayers in Thailand? 

1 minute ago, swifty5x5 said:

Do the bad gueyd =s u=indcrimantr adn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzband ehy; unsdd you ckimaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

except for the question whether who is "technically bad (by bad you mean?) So- rest assured that I'm away from all of this frivolity. People need to slow down for many reasons.Minfell ness

1 hour ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

You forgot the sarcasm alert, which is very necessary to avoid comments that your statement is just not true.  Sarcasm appears to be an acquired art not appreciated by some members.

Sarcasm also doesn’t translate well in written form. It needs the immediacy of a verbal conversation in order to place it in its required context, unless of course you spell it out, as you suggested.

22 hours ago, rkidlad said:

That's a lot of bad guys who need to be kicked out.

I think you’ll find a large number go there on a tourist visa and take a job in a factory earning 2-3 times more than they could at home. They all know it’s only a matter of time before they’re caught but the financial gain in worth the risk. 

2 hours ago, Ando62 said:

Thai apologist :giggle:

17 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Another 10,000 prostitutes back into the Thai sex industry. That will lower the cost per trick and undercut the local girls. So much for competition; it helps keeps market prices at an even level.

Foreign Prostitutes in Korea are mainly from northern China .... not Thais. Thais are usually employed in the ‘dirty’ labour such as factories, farms. 

7 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Most are working on farms and low skilled manufacturing jobs.  Most speak little or no English and viturally no Korean.  Communicating with their Korean Employers is difficult.   I never realized that many Thai’s were In Korea. The winter months must be brutal for them.  

Many stayed in southern part like pusan  where temperature is milder. 

Correct . The wages for factory semi skilled worker is US$ 1000-1,500 with lodging provided. I know because I have a company in Seoul and my Korean partner , we visited quite a number of small factories where they hire illegal workers too. Many illegals came from Philippines too. 

22 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Korea must have a "Big Joke" too. Interesting to see Thai's are abusing the system in Korea FAR MORE than foreigners in Thailand.

Yes but falang no understan, laws are for other people not Thais.... ???? 

23 hours ago, webfact said:

there are 192,163 Thais living in South Korea and up to 128,520 of them were overstaying their visa.

Well , that will make foreign overstayers in Thailand feel so much better. 80% of Thais living in S-Korea are overstayers compared to maybe 5% of Westerners here. 

2 hours ago, Donaldo said:

Yes, exactly. What mindset? I actually had the "pleasure" to talk with one woman staying in Spain who found it perfectly all right that foreigners could not work or own land in Thailand, because Thailand is such a poor country and rich foreigners would just buy up everything. She found it perfectly okay though that she could enjoy all the benefits in Europe and now fiddled the system with an arranged marriage to obtain legal residence.

Thainess.... 

1 hour ago, eddysmit said:

Millions of Thais about to be returned from around the world, from other countries just wanting to do the same by reciprocating, and stay friendly like.

I really hope this happens. I have written to my state's rep in the house back in the US. I hope ICE can kickstart an "XRAY OUTLAW OPERATION" in the USA targeting mainly Thai people. From the information I gathered, there's over a quarter a million Thai's staying illegally in the US.

To South Korea, I say SHOW NO MERCY, pick them up and force them to pay back every penny that was worked for illegally in SK, sit them on the floor and take pictures of them to put on the national News, Call them Criminals and lock a minimun of 100 thais per one room and whether or NOT they have kids who are citizens, ban them from ever stepping foot back in SK. Don't Care whether or NOT the person is over 70 years and has done a lot of good deeds in SK in their time, Don't care whether the person an amputee or mentally unstable, or physically deformed, if they can't walk make them crawl. Continue to taunt them in the news everyday for the next few years about how the police is going to come and get them eventually.

This is exactly how thais are treating foreigners here.

Okay, here is how it work from what i've been told: Basically it's Korean people who organize the trip to bring inside Korea Thai girls or men for Korean farmers, generally by group of five or so. They got a 3 months "tourist" visa on arrival in Seoul and they share the same apartment in farmer country. They go work in farms between 8am and 5pm with a one hour lunch break. Girls work basically inside warehouse, putting vegetables in boxes, packing, etc, while men, supposed to be stronger, work outside in fields. Women eventually also go inside green houses or firlds to cut vegetables or fruits and put them in boxes. They make the equivalent of between 40-50000 Baths per month much more than what they could make in Thailand and that's why they're all tempted to transgress the 3 months tourist visa and to stay as long as they can, hoping to have enough money to buy the land and build the house that they dream in Thailand. But there is a "but", specially for men who are also asked to spray insecticides in the fields - and some are even in the forms of tablets that they throw in the land.  Result: apparently many men had health problems and some even died. But women don't do it and don't have this problem though i'e been told that the Korean rice must be washed several times to clean it. 

Archived