More than 10,000 Thais deported from South Korea for overstaying their visa

webfact

1 hour ago, wvavin said:

The Thai government did not take legal action against South Korea for fake news? Thais will never enter other countries illegally because they are very law abiding citizens in this kingdom.

They don't enter in South Korea illegally, they enter with a 3 months tourist visa, except that they don't really "visit" but instead work in SK. And then they stay over visa time after the three months, this is where the problem is.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be a crunch on the UN employment numbers.   Wait till Thailand realizes how quickly tourist dollars can dry up.   They seem to be almost grovelling on their knees towards the Chinese tourists they abused and killed to return.   Chineses people must see and hear what Thai people really think of them.  

19 hours ago, Ando62 said:

A lot of narrow minded and bitter opinions here.

Does no one stop to think that every country in the world grapples with overstayers from all nationalities and each government deals with the problem the way they fèel they need to.

Only reason we're hearing about it here is we are on a Thai expatriate forum.

I'll probably be labeled a Thai apologist as everyone here with differing views from the mainstream TV posters are. I'm not ashamed to admit that I love Thailand and it's people.  Sure some things about Thailand annoy me but I also get annoyed by some things about my home country.

We all have our differences but that's what makes the world an exciting place.

I'm not seeing what you're describing as narrow minded and bitter. I'm reading a lot of us having a go at the Thai for the hypocrisy and irony. It's well deserved.

And yes, Thailand as every nation has a right to do whatever it seems fit to control aliens within its borders - as Korea and the US and UK.

I know some people involved in being in Korea for work, and being booted out.

Many are ladies working as hostesses in bars. They can make a bundle without have to perform sexual favors. The ones I am familiar with are taken by a Korean man. These ladies were aware of many other ladies in the same position. Most are aware they have no work permits, but the Korean system eventually picks them up, places them in the pokey and holds them until a suitable flight can be arraigned. They may spend a few days or longer in the hold, and the manager who took them there appears to get no problem from the local police. He is also responsible for feeding the ladies while in the pokey.

Most ladies also know they can return and do it again with no restrictions in the passports, from either the Koreans or Thai govt. 

Archived