BANGKOK 22 February 2019 06:44
RichardThailand

If money is not an issue is the Thai Elite Visa still available and working?

I'm asking here as I know that the website might not reflect the way things actually are.  Would appreciate some advice on how easy it is to get the Thai Elite these days and your experience with the costs and any other factors.  How about compared to the normal retirement visa.  What are the advantages and disadvantages? 

Well, that website says 2 million baht for 20 year visa -- I thought I'd read where it is now 1 million baht....?

Anyway, it's not exactly clear what interface I'll have with Immigration over the 20 years. I can already do the 90 day reports online, so that's not an issue. But can i just sit in my rocking chair for 20 years, or do I have to visit someone -- maybe the Thai Elite office, not Immigration?

I know this info is there somewhere -- I'm just having a problem digging it out.

Thanx.

2 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Well, that website says 2 million baht for 20 year visa -- I thought I'd read where it is now 1 million baht....?

Anyway, it's not exactly clear what interface I'll have with Immigration over the 20 years. I can already do the 90 day reports online, so that's not an issue. But can i just sit in my rocking chair for 20 years, or do I have to visit someone -- maybe the Thai Elite office, not Immigration?

I know this info is there somewhere -- I'm just having a problem digging it out.

Thanx.

The 20-year visa, 1mB, is called the 'Elite Superior Extension.'

The direct link is here:https://www.thailandelite.com/at-your-service/card/elite-superiority-extension-membership?locate=en

Regarding the 90 day reports, they're handled by a local visa agent (ZERO charge) in Bangkok or Pattaya. You drop off your passport and within a day or so it's returned.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, RichardThailand said:

What are the advantages and disadvantages? 

op we need to know know more about you? how old? can you lose 1-2 million baht and not give it another thought? do you travel a lot in and out of Thailand? 3-4 times a year? do you play golf? where do you live in Thailand as many services are BKK and Phuket and CM only. 

if you look at the FAQ, many of the things they "offer" are available to everybody. bank accounts, drivers license and you still have to do all the leg work.

Edited by NCC1701A

11 minutes ago, galt67 said:

Perhaps he wants a flat-rate, clear, no-hassle visa to live in Thailand for the next 20 years?

Naturally, but he's also asking specifically about the benefits you get with the visa, which is what NCC tried to explain.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, galt67 said:

Perhaps he wants a flat-rate, clear, no-hassle visa to live in Thailand for the next 20 years?

that sounds good, too bad that is not what it is.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

that sounds good, too bad that is not what it is.

And your opinion of "what it is" is...?

In my passport, it clearly states it's a 'visa.' And all documents accompanying it.

Further, my 90-day reports are done free of charge in my area.

And have NEVER been required to have ANY contact with TI.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kevin612 said:

I may apply for Elite visa for the next two years

is there a two year option? 

I ask for I haven't seen that time period, 

and I'm considering membership as well...

6 minutes ago, TTSIssues said:

I have a 5 year easy access visa. Signing up was quick and easy, very professional. I am frequently in and out of the country, assistance at immigration is brilliant and I use the airport shuttle service they provide. When I am coming or going I email the help desk who reply immediately and they come and collect me at the agreed time, whisk me through immigration and off we go. Brilliant service. Not cheap but I have the money so why not? I will Renew when it expires. OP, does that answer your question? 

It certainly helps me... Thank you for your review

• Like 1