If money is not an issue is the Thai Elite Visa still available and working?

Just a heads-up for those forum readers who may be considering the Thailand Elite Visa:

I submitted an online application on 03/01/2019. I was advised that approval by immigration would take “about” two weeks. As of today, I have still not received an approval from immigration. I emailed the TE rep for an update, and I was informed that TE was advised by immigration that the approval process would take “approximately one month.”

Obviously, this raises the following questions:

a) When did TE know about this change in processing time?

b) Why hasn’t the information on their website been updated to reflect said change?

c) What else, if anything, is TE doing to inform applicants whose applications are still pending (and whose visa expiration dates may be imminent) about this change in processing time?

Once again, no one from TE notified me - I had to contact them for an update/explanation.

Proceed with caution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fusion58 said:

Just a heads-up for those forum readers who may be considering the Thailand Elite Visa:

I submitted an online application on 03/01/2019. I was advised that approval by immigration would take “about” two weeks. As of today, I have still not received an approval from immigration. I emailed the TE rep for an update, and I was informed that TE was advised by immigration that the approval process would take “approximately one month.”

b) Why hasn’t the information on their website been updated to reflect said change?

c) What else, if anything, is TE doing to inform applicants whose applications are still pending (and whose visa expiration dates may be imminent) about this change in processing time?

Once again, no one from TE notified me - I had to contact them for an update/explanation.

Proceed with caution.

It is out of the hands of TE how long immigration take to process an application and how long it takes them to receive any further required information back. It is done on an individual case by case and passporting country. Some applications are completed in 7 days. some 10, others longer. They do not just sign it off. In fact last years company reports showed over 1600 cases of rejection due to the applicants being 'Undesirable'.
Just be patient.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fusion58 said:

TE was advised by immigration that the approval process would take “approximately one month.”

That is interesting. Especially with the Big J comments last week on the 10 year visa (which some believe may just be an extension of the current 10 year OX visa in terms of countries that qualify or age limits as there seems no cabinet approval issued for a new type of visa).

1 hour ago, Lovethailandelite said:

It is out of the hands of TE how long immigration take to process an application and how long it takes them to receive any further required information back. It is done on an individual case by case and passporting country. Some applications are completed in 7 days. some 10, others longer. They do not just sign it off. In fact last years company reports showed over 1600 cases of rejection due to the applicants being 'Undesirable'.
Just be patient.

This is understandable - but TE should clearly state this during the application process.

For TE to advise applicants that the process will take "about two weeks" if/when TE has already been informed by immigration that the process will, in fact, take "approximately one month" is not the best policy, IMO, when the lives of applicants may hang in the balance.

17 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

This is understandable - but TE should clearly state this during the application process.

For TE to advise applicants that the process will take "about two weeks" if/when TE has already been informed by immigration that the process will, in fact, take "approximately one month" is not the best policy, IMO, when the lives of applicants may hang in the balance.

Someone reported a lengthy delay before, I believe this happens to people from some countries, not most countries. The guy in question was asking about this delay on this forum and he confirmed that they approved his application after the delay. I don't think he mentioned which country he came from but I think that is the cause.

I'm sure the TE application times are an average, for most people it's going to take just a few days, for others it will take much longer.

why the crocodile tears and dramatic phrases, proceed with caution and heads up nonsense??

My original 5 year visa took 4 weeks to wait for immigration to send confirmation of date and time and officers name for the visa at cw io office. Any 5 year visas since they (elite) always advised up to 2 weeks wait, Cant people wait geez i am mean elite doesnt grant the visa in the passport the immigration office does, after my experience i know they place a lot of importance in the first visa on this  programme and once on they relax with their waiting times for new visas

Edited by humbug
  • Like 2

On 1/13/2019 at 11:47 AM, Ratt Thai said:

If the sole purpose is to keep you busy and not involves "active" money making or doing things that could "annoy" jealous people, then the TE visa is far out the best and cheapest option.
If you are US citizen then you even could setup an Treaty Company, no need for WP anymore and the TE does suffice.

If you do study, the TE does great.

At the end, taken all in account, i have taken the 20 year version, i don't regret one moment... ( at the price of 2 beers a day... its a bargain... )

and if  later  they add  compulsory insurance at 100k a  year even for TE  visas?

30 minutes ago, humbug said:

why the crocodile tears and dramatic phrases, proceed with caution and heads up nonsense??

Because if you’re banking on “about two weeks” when it’s actually “approximately one month” when the expiration of your current visa is nearing, then things could get quite sticky for you.

This shouldn’t need explaining.

On 11/3/2018 at 2:31 PM, galt67 said:

The 20-year visa, 1mB, is called the 'Elite Superior Extension.'

The direct link is here:https://www.thailandelite.com/at-your-service/card/elite-superiority-extension-membership?locate=en

Regarding the 90 day reports, they're handled by a local visa agent (ZERO charge) in Bangkok or Pattaya. You drop off your passport and within a day or so it's returned.

Wow, you pay 2 million and still have to drop off your passport every 90 days!

I wonder if you can pay it yearly, as there will be many older people wanting it these days.

Email I got shows this process takes approx three or four months though I haven’t applied yet just had asked for info . Some one posted before he got approved in 5 days so it really has no specific time it varies from one applicant to other and the nationality also 

On 11/4/2018 at 3:45 AM, TTSIssues said:

I have a 5 year easy access visa. Signing up was quick and easy, very professional. I am frequently in and out of the country, assistance at immigration is brilliant and I use the airport shuttle service they provide. When I am coming or going I email the help desk who reply immediately and they come and collect me at the agreed time, whisk me through immigration and off we go. Brilliant service. Not cheap but I have the money so why not? I will Renew when it expires. OP, does that answer your question? 

Exactly the same for me. I live in Thailand and work in the UK so in and out lots throughout the year. My 5 year elite visa gives me peace of mind and great service. I will definitely renew (maybe 10 year) As TTSissues says, if you can afford it buy it.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:26 AM, Travelanimal said:

Email I got shows this process takes approx three or four months though I haven’t applied yet just had asked for info . Some one posted before he got approved in 5 days so it really has no specific time it varies from one applicant to other and the nationality also 

I'm into the second year of a 5 year visa. Application/acceptance process took 4 weeks

On 1/18/2019 at 11:50 AM, fusion58 said:

Proceed with caution.

Same here, let me know if you get yours by next month first week. 

On 1/19/2019 at 9:53 PM, dode57k said:

Exactly the same for me. I live in Thailand and work in the UK so in and out lots throughout the year. My 5 year elite visa gives me peace of mind and great service. I will definitely renew (maybe 10 year) As TTSissues says, if you can afford it buy it.

What do you mean by "lots"? 5 times? Once Every two months? 

On 1/18/2019 at 1:19 PM, Lovethailandelite said:

In fact last years company reports showed over 1600 cases of rejection due to the applicants being 'Undesirable'.

What do you mean by undesirable? Qualifying for everything listed on the website, non criminal record, no overstay etc should mean you should get the TE Visa, how are they rejecting? 

Also, on the whole Internet you're the only person with this 1600 cases of rejection, what's your source. 

2 hours ago, euthanax said:

What do you mean by undesirable? Qualifying for everything listed on the website, non criminal record, no overstay etc should mean you should get the TE Visa, how are they rejecting? 

Also, on the whole Internet you're the only person with this 1600 cases of rejection, what's your source. 

I suggest you obtain a copy of the company reports should you wish to obtain any information regarding application rejections. 

1 hour ago, Lovethailandelite said:

I suggest you obtain a copy of the company reports should you wish to obtain any information regarding application rejections. 

Link?  Or, if not available, however you got access to these reports?

Edited by JackThompson

So it's a hard copy report? Fair enough. Can you post the relevant page(s) please? I'm very interested.

Company reports issued to members only. Maybe Thailand has the equivalent of the UK such as 'Company House' where you can purchase a copy after a set time period.
  • Thanks 1

Proceed with caution.
It is completely reasonable for@fusion58 to be concerned. This is a large fee being paid, by any standard, with the understood benefit being as a Thai Elite, you receive an International Standard of service, not "sabaai, sabaai" Thai Service.

To then have your first experience be an unexpected and unannounced delay in obtaining the visa - a change which can alter significant relocation plans - it is real cause for concern.

The good news is, unless Thai Elite pays a lot of people to put up bogus posts, most Elite members seem happy with the service.
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 1:20 PM, fusion58 said:

Proceed with caution.

Same here. Applied 2 weeks ago and today been told that the whole process may take 1-2+ months due to recent changes on emigration.

Im just wondering if I will be refused entry in the country once I visit it in 2 weeks as extension due to having a history of visa runs 2 years ago. The past few times I’ve been heavily questioned which is quite annoying despite having the correct visa and always taken out of the queue and taken to the place where they question people before deporting. 

Edited by Drax

2 hours ago, Drax said:

Im just wondering if I will be refused entry in the country once I visit it in 2 weeks as extension due to having a history of visa runs 2 years ago. The past few times I’ve been heavily questioned which is quite annoying despite having the correct visa and always taken out of the queue and taken to the place where they question people before deporting. 

Use a land border (except Poipet/Aranay) to avoid any unforeseen circumstances. Once you get the elite, you will be treated like an elite and don't have to worry. Enjoy your elite. Congratulations. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 2:07 AM, MRToMRT said:

That is interesting. Especially with the Big J comments last week on the 10 year visa (which some believe may just be an extension of the current 10 year OX visa in terms of countries that qualify or age limits as there seems no cabinet approval issued for a new type of visa).

A 10-year visa with no age limit will help lots of people on perpetual tourist visas. 

Edited by onera1961
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Drax said:

Same here. Applied 2 weeks ago and today been told that the whole process may take 1-2+ months due to recent changes on emigration.

1-2+ months?

That's a new one on me!

In our last email exchange, the TE rep "assured" me I would receive the approval letter by the end of this month, but this was the same rep who initially told me immigration approval would take two weeks and later moved the goal posts without notice. Meanwhile, the clock is running as my current Non-OA extension expires in one month. What a clusterf*%#!

4 hours ago, Drax said:

Nobody has confirmed what country they come from when experiencing delays.

I don't want to pry too much but could you please confirm if you're from one of the G8 / EU countries or not ?

Edited by ukrules

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

Nobody has confirmed what country they come from when experiencing delays.

I don't want to pry too much but could you please confirm if you're from one of the G8 / EU countries or not ?

I’d rather not mention too much either but I’m from a West Europe country, not g8 thought, if that counts, also they warned me upon applying that it takes a month nowadays, finally been told between 1 month and 2+ months when I called yesterday. What they told me is that there were waiting on the emigration and that there were new changes that slowed the process or something along these lines. 

Well who knows, I’ve been in Thailand over 2 years so my case might take a bit longer than usual. 

Also my situation is similar to the one above. My non-I visa finishes in 2 weeks and will have to risk my ass on a visa run where I’m obviously not a casual tourist lol. If I was I wouldn’t be applying 4 this visa to start with. I’m bring cash, bank statements, return flight, stay bookings, etc but... might not be enough. Some people got refused even like that and they don’t like how I have so many stamps on my passport (almost full, mostly diff countries due to traveling). -_-

Edited by Drax

1 hour ago, Drax said:

I’d rather not mention too much either but I’m from a West Europe country, not g8 thought, if that counts, also they warned me upon applying that it takes a month nowadays, finally been told between 1 month and 2+ months when I called yesterday. What they told me is that there were waiting on the emigration and that there were new changes that slowed the process or something along these lines. 

Well who knows, I’ve been in Thailand over 2 years so my case might take a bit longer than usual. 

Also my situation is similar to the one above. My non-I visa finishes in 2 weeks and will have to risk my ass on a visa run where I’m obviously not a casual tourist lol. If I was I wouldn’t be applying 4 this visa to start with. I’m bring cash, bank statements, return flight, stay bookings, etc but... might not be enough. Some people got refused even like that and they don’t like how I have so many stamps on my passport (almost full, mostly diff countries due to traveling). -_-

Thanks for this update, this does seem to indicate a change in how these are processed.

I'm from the UK, I had lived here in Thailand for maybe 4 or 5 years continuously on various visas (lots of them including an ED visa) at which point I applied for and got approved for a 5 year visa, the approval process took about a week but this was back in 2014.

They (Thailand Elite) phoned me directly about a week ago asking me if I'm considering renewing or even upgrading my visa which expires in June this year and I let them know that maybe I will renew the current 5 year visa or maybe I will upgrade to the 20 year 'superior extension'. I haven't made my mind up yet.

I'm actually going to leave the country and return prior to the expiration to stretch it out so I don't need to make this decision until Q1, 2020

One things for sure - they are contacting existing members who have membership expiry dates coming up in the next 6 months or so and actively soliciting renewals. I guess they phoned me because I ignored the email they sent me a week or so before the phone call.

• Like 1