If money is not an issue is the Thai Elite Visa still available and working?

I have probably missed this information among the string of correspondence on this Elite Visa topic.I have an O-A visa and am  stuck here after having retuned  to the US for a visit in late March. If I get an Elite Visa, would the entry requirements such as the virus test, official letter, and the $100,000 health insurance be NOT required? 

1 hour ago, HerewardtheWake said:

I mean, would the Elite Visa be a way, albeit an expensive one,  of getting around the new entry restrictions?

No, not a chance. This is why they extended each membership by 6 months.

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

Correct. However, it gives you tremendous peace of mind if you are already here.

How so?  I just got the Elite and I don't have any peace of mind right now.  Are you saying extension of stay is much easier than for retirement visas?

Edited by Kelsall

On 6/15/2020 at 8:29 AM, BritTim said:

At this stage, the Thailand Elite visa will not allow you to bypass the restrictions Thailand has put in place as part of its virus elimination strategy. Given that the US has decided against virus elimination (and will therefore not be part of any travel bubble arranged between virus free nations) I see no reasonable option for returning to Thailand in the foreseeable future.

People who spent big bucks on an Elite Visa must be feeling pretty peeved off they have wasted their money on this rubbish and can't even spend any time in Thailand.

30 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Are you saying extension of stay is much easier than for retirement visas?

Yes. The Thailand Elite visa in your passport is all you need for the extension. Meanwhile, with a retirement extension, to are at the mercy of any new rules introduced since your last extension. Two recent examples have been

• for those who entered with Non -OA visas, often impossible to acquire health insurance from a select immigration approved list of providers; and
  • much more difficult to achieve proof of income for some nationals who use this as their financial proof.

That is apart from those under age 50 who are using the Thailand Elite as an alternative to things like Non-Ed visas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A extension of the one year PE visa entry is very easy compared to retirement.

Passport copies, application form and a letter from Thai Elite requesting it.

Huh? I have the 5 year PE visa and all i have to do is go to the immi-office and get an extension stamp of 1 year for the regular extension price. Thats it. No documents no nothing.

We do have to do the regular 90-day like everyone else though. And in that process you need to document your adress if you have changed. If you have the same adress. no papers needed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RobbyXNorway said:

Huh? I have the 5 year PE visa and all i have to do is go to the immi-office and get an extension stamp of 1 year for the regular extension price. Thats it. No documents no nothing.

Yes

That is everything needed to apply for a one year extension if you do not leave and re-enter the country for a year.

On 6/16/2020 at 1:40 PM, bbi1 said:

People who spent big bucks on an Elite Visa must be feeling pretty peeved off they have wasted their money on this rubbish and can't even spend any time in Thailand.

Seems to be working out OK for me, also they extended memberships by 6 months but I believe you need to confirm this with them.

I guess I'm now checked in until 2025 instead of late 2024.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, yobaa said:

Now that Elite members are allowed to enter Thailand (

Now that the news is that Thai Elite visa holders may be prioritized once Thailand reopens, the Elite representative advised me by email to apply as soon as possible. In my opinion is is wise to wait a bit longer until this is confirmed. However, I wonder if the current conditions may effect the time it takes for immigration to complete the approval process. Will it be faster due to the lack of tourism or are they busier than usual due to the emnesty visa situation for those "stuck" in Thailand? 

I do not know how long the approval process might take, but I suspect a lot of people are applying to have the Thailand Elite visa available as an option should they make the decision to go ahead. It costs nothing to apply, and you have three months following approval to decide whether to go ahead and pay.

There seems to be no information on whether the services such as airport reception, etc. are available in places other than Bangkok, Phuket, and Chiang Mai. Enquiries to the agencies or the Elite organization go unanswered.

It makes me think that such services are limited to the three cities mentioned. Anybody knows more? Thanks.

4 hours ago, HerewardtheWake said:

There seems to be no information on whether the services such as airport reception, etc. are available in places other than Bangkok, Phuket, and Chiang Mai. Enquiries to the agencies or the Elite organization go unanswered.

It makes me think that such services are limited to the three cities mentioned. Anybody knows more? Thanks.

Airport services are limited to those arriving and departing on international flights from the cities you mention. Some of the perks for certain classes of membership might be available elsewhere, but Thailand Elite does not have a countrywide network of offices.

• 9 months later...

Hello everyone, I have quick question.

For TE card, is it really, really needed to have clear criminal record? I have one offense(not related to drugs, I know they are really strict about that. It doesn't also have anything with violence or something like that) and because of that offense I got probation but I have never been to the jail, not even for 1 day. Never did Visa Run or anything bad when I was in Thailand. Do I have chance or they will decline me easily? Thanks

Edited by Cayffano

1 hour ago, Cayffano said:

Do I have chance or they will decline me easily? Thanks

This is what it says on the form :

image.png.d7fe18867db114740762cd851be4b556.png

So unless you've been sent to prison for more than a year they don't care or even ask.

• Thanks 1