Cost of Living in Thailand: Save money? You're having a laugh!

snoop1130

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, drummer boy said:

I agree everything is on credit or mortgage thai people do not think how long they have to pay back with intrest they don't worry !

1o yr 20yrs etc !

Almost everyone buys their house on credit (including me).

It's entirely normal.

On 11/5/2018 at 10:17 PM, DonaldBattles said:

I stand corrected. I had 3BB before but have not had AIS cable. Anyone have experience on the AIS Cable and how many channels you get? Not sure if these are cable TV now. When I had 3bb it for internet only. Do they broadcast news and movies?

How many channels on the INTERNET?  I don't know 10,000 maybe 50,000. Why would you care?  Once you have high speed INTERNET you can have anything. I have True vision satellite but most of the time I use Netflix or Kodi.  If my 3bb goes down I use my phone on AIS or DTAC does the same thing just as fast. In case one goes down I use the other till the down cable gets fixed.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:25 PM, Airalee said:

One thing I find interesting are the comments about wealth disparity.  If you took all the billionaires in Thailand (32 of them with a combined net worth of approximately $150 Billion) and forced them to liquidate their assets* in order to “share the wealth” with 50,000,000** people, each of the 50,000,000 would get about $3,000.  That’s an IPhone, a new TV and a Honda wave.  Are they really that much better off?

*If you liquidated their assets, who would you sell them to?

**(just using this number as an example)

https://www.forbes.com/thailand-billionaires/list/#tab:overall

Well, the (by far) richest Thai billionaire is missing from the ranking.

While the final sum per person doesn't look large let's not forget this money would end up in circulation. It is big difference if $100 sits in your bank account on it goes to barber, restaurant, bar ... which then goes to employees, stock purchase ... which then goes further and further

Archived