Take your laundry to 7/11 - but better do your knickers at home!

snoop1130

Take your laundry to 7/11 - but better do your knickers at home!

18-37.jpg

Convenience store 7/11 are rolling out yet another new service in Bangkok this week - laundry and dry cleaning.

The 24 hour service is expected to expand up-country in the middle of next year. 

But price lists posted in shops itemized only certain things creating confusion about what laundry might be turned down.

Customers can bring their clothes and shoes in for the relevant laundry and dry cleaning. They can collect next day.

If items are not collected within three days an SMS is sent and there is home delivery. (It was not specified in the Spring News Network if that would involve a surcharge). 

Signs in English proclaim "Wash-Dryer-Iron" a translation of "sak-ob-reet" that means laundry.

Another promotes "dryclean" or sak-haeng in Thai. 

A high quality regulated service is guaranteed. Spring News called it a bright idea that is a collaboration between CP All the owners of 7/11 and Cleanmate Co Ltd who will offer the service. 

Example prices for laundry with the promotion price in brackets are:

Shirts, Towels, Jeans:   30 (27)

Bed sheets:                  150 (135)

Duvets and all covers:  349 (314)

For dry cleaning:

Shirts                            110 (99)

Sneakers                      350 (314)

Leather jackets and  

Overcoats                     450 (405)

Other more personal items such as underwear were not listed.

The 7/11 laundry is now includes Asoke, Silom Soi 9, Din Daeng and Viphawadee Soi 64. Some 80% of 7/11s will have the service in the New Year.  

The service will reach the provinces in the middle of 2019 said a press statement.  

Thaivisa notes that the ubiquitous 7/11 stores in Thailand led the way in offering services like bill payments and ready meals.

The store is constantly looking at new services such as doing government business.  

A famous Thaivisa April 1st spoof some years ago claimed that the store was offering 90 day reporting.  Years on Thaivisa  continues to receive search inquiries and social media messages asking if that was really true.  

Source: https://www.springnews.co.th/social/374913

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-2

Then they should review the banning of draft beers there, would love to have a pint while waiting for my laundry to be done ????

Can we also have maybe a kid's club with some bouncing castle, a food court, a coffee wifi corner, a carwash outside so they can clean my car while I do the laundry and the beer.

Maybe a music band in the evening as well...

Rented room in the future as well, so we don't need to go out and all live in happiness under CP umbrella??

45 minutes ago, CantSpell said:

Then they should review the banning of draft beers there, would love to have a pint while waiting for my laundry to be done ????

Can we also have maybe a kid's club with some bouncing castle, a food court, a coffee wifi corner, a carwash outside so they can clean my car while I do the laundry and the beer.

Maybe a music band in the evening as well...

Rented room in the future as well, so we don't need to go out and all live in happiness under CP umbrella??

"Then they should review the banning of draft beers there, would love to have a pint while waiting for my laundry to be done"

So your going to hang round for 24 hours. bring a few mates, sit on the floor and drink between 12 and 2 and from 5 pm to ...  great.

They will lose money having to launder my thunderbags. My missus refuses to touch them. She takes them to the wash tub on a long bamboo pole and drops them straight into disinfectant. Can't blame her.

2 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

CP will want to eventually do everything for anyone...mega-corp for all ends. 

This company is a monster. I have stopped using it. 

Sorry, almost impossible to avoid giving money to the evil that is CP in this country.

2 minutes ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Following your post shares of CP have dropped by 25%, the SET are to set up a committee to investigate.

They should, this mammoth has way too much power to control markets, and kill competition ultimately meaning it can control products and prices. it should never have been allowed to gain this much power and control and I'm surprised that Dr Somkid and previous governments allowed this to happen.

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

They should, this mammoth has way too much power to control markets, and kill competition ultimately meaning it can control products and prices. it should never have been allowed to gain this much power and control and I'm surprised that Dr Somkid and previous governments allowed this to happen.

unnamed.jpg

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

In Thailand, as we know, it's not so easy to prevent. For a company as powerful as CP, it would be understood by Thais that to try to go against them could mean real, physical danger. Thais know Thais and the propensity for solving disputes with nasty tactics and even violence. 

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

Probably all been bought off......????

12 hours ago, Cadbury said:

They will lose money having to launder my thunderbags. My missus refuses to touch them. She takes them to the wash tub on a long bamboo pole and drops them straight into disinfectant. Can't blame her.

T M I !!!

(for those who don't know, Too Much Information) :clap2:

With bill paying, SIM card registration, banking, air ticket sales, KERRY EXPRESS and now laundry,the 7-11 has successfully defeated its own concept, and is now officially a non-convenience store given the queues their greed has caused. I, for one, don't need to pay more for my groceries, unless its fast and easy.

8 minutes ago, meinphuket said:

With bill paying, SIM card registration, banking, air ticket sales, KERRY EXPRESS and now laundry,the 7-11 has successfully defeated its own concept, and is now officially a non-convenience store given the queues their greed has caused. I, for one, don't need to pay more for my groceries, unless its fast and easy.

They are rapidly becoming a 'jack of all trades and a master at none.'  As the long lines form I'll opt back to normal convenience stores like Family Mart and Tops.

10 minutes ago, CALSinCM said:

They are rapidly becoming a 'jack of all trades and a master at none.'  As the long lines form I'll opt back to normal convenience stores like Family Mart and Tops.

We must travel very different paths. I have purchased hundreds of times at 7-11 in Thailand and can't recall any objectionable lines. Perhaps a little bit of a wait now and then but no worse than what may be encountered at any other store.

3 hours ago, meinphuket said:

Too bad the supermarkets like Tesco and Big C don't want to spend to have a reasonable amount of beer in fridges. 

I don't like ice in my beer and don't want to wait half an hour or longer after I get home to enjoy a beer... 

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A famous Thaivisa April 1st spoof some years ago claimed that the store was offering 90 day reporting.  Years on Thaivisa  continues to receive search inquiries and social media messages asking if that was really true.

That will be next up at selected alien's destinations – including soi Walking Street – just head to the "Big Joke" self-service counter at rear in the shop, next to the cool beer-fridge that aliens normally are heading for, so the "quality guests" are always reminded about doing their report in time; and having done it just once, 7-Eleven will send you an SMS three days prior to your next reporting date...????

17 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Now we know why you answer to Cadbury...  :cheesy:

(sorry could not resist that one)

Archived