Khlong boat taxis to get bigger, go farther - more quietly

snoop1130

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

N,

I assume you use google maps on a big screen smart phone?

if your phone is waterproof, if not,

not  a good choice when venturing about by boat

you have probably experienced hard winds and torrential rains, ruins a phone quickly

or you can wait with finding your way till the rain has stopped

32 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

N,

I assume you use google maps on a big screen smart phone?

if your phone is waterproof, if not,

not  a good choice when venturing about by boat

you have probably experienced hard winds and torrential rains, ruins a phone quickly

or you can wait with finding your way till the rain has stopped

I have a water proof pouch for the phone. My camera is weather sealed and I am looking for a pouch for that too.

12 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

yep,

Thais are very good at having fun, it doesn't take much for them to  have a ball

I saw maybe 5 falang the entire night. Most of the time, in the crowds (you could barely walk in some spots), I was the only one. Folks were happy, smiling, trying to talk English, eating, snacking, having a beer, taking selfies with me, telling their little Kids doo ti farang, posing for pictures with their Krathongs it was fabulous. The BIBs let me use their table to pack and unpack my gear. Everyone was having a fun time, the Monks were posing for pics and taking pics, girls and ladies in costumes, the Khao Moo was all decorated with candles and lights, and the thing that gets me is everyone was saying their prayers before they launched their Krathong into the Chao Phraya (they were using baskets, some guys were in the river itself launching for people). Take a selfie and pray. Fabulous. 

And so was the food, Im snacked out.

Im glad I didnt go to Icon Siam, this was far more authentic IMHO.

N, krap

Been looking at my maps a bit,

it appears that Klong Maha Sawat, goes river-Noi-straight west to Mae Nam Thai Chi

a bit further north klong Bang Yai goes north from Tha Naam Bang Yai in Klong Oom

then straight west to Thai Chi

going south on  Thai Chi to Maha Chai you can go a Klong in NE direction to Bangkok Yai

or go straight west on Klong Sapha Samit to Chao Praya

can't see low bridges or floodgates on the maps,

does Google map reveal that?

• 1 month later...

In case anyone is nearby and interested, there is boat racing today on the stretch of river between Phra Nang Klao and Maha-Chesadabodinranusorn bridges. The races are being controlled from Wat Sai Ma Tai so that's probably a good place to watch from.

Archived