BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

onlycw

New in Hat Yai

31 minutes ago, recom273 said:

There are lots of places in Hat Yai to eat and drink, not just the “yawn” swan.

You can add to the recommendations on this thread.

37 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Well do tell, that's the point of the forum!!

Lol .. I’m far from young these days!! I don’t teach any more, but I remember the staff room talk from the younger guys, telling me of the latest little spots, I have passed on info only to find that it’s closed down already. 

HY has so many little spots, 808 cafe is always busy on a weekend night with bikers, the spot on the roof is on top of a condo towards the university, not too sure if it’s still open.

50 minutes ago, recom273 said:

the spot on the roof is on top of a condo towards the university, not too sure if it’s still open.

Possibly the Good Evening, yes it's closed already. There's another called "The Roof Top" which is on Supasarnrangsan road near the Chue Chang Chinese temple, but I've not tried it yet.

But the OP was asking about western expat meeting places, I'm not a great one for seeking out expat company, but the venerable 'Swan' is about the only place I do note expats on a regular basis. Few in number, but then there aren't many anyway.

Possibly the Good Evening, yes it's closed already. There's another called "The Roof Top" which is on Supasarnrangsan road near the Chue Chang Chinese temple, but I've not tried it yet.

But the OP was asking about western expat meeting places, I'm not a great one for seeking out expat company, but the venerable 'Swan' is about the only place I do note expats on a regular basis. Few in number, but then there aren't many anyway.

Yup, indeed, the swan is the place .. Yeah, I think it’s on top of the condo called ‘the rise’

I was more suggesting the OP check the Facebook group “buy/sell/trade/ Hat Yai” .. Prolly find employment there too.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app