Finding a monthly rental for about 8000 baht without contract

King Crimson

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are out there. I've come across several while looking for apartments and condos in Bangkok recently that actually mention in their ad that they will do month to month, but they ask 1000 or 2000 more per month. If you really like a place and the ad says a 1 year contract is required it might be worth offering more per month and see if they will work with you.

2 minutes ago, MasterHongThong said:

They are out there. I've come across several while looking for apartments and condos in Bangkok recently that actually mention in their ad that they will do month to month, but they ask 1000 or 2000 more per month. If you really like a place and the ad says a 1 year contract is required it might be worth offering more per month and see if they will work with you.

I was using these sites when I came across the month to month ads. You might find some here. 

https://www.ddproperty.com/en/property-for-rent?freetext=Bangkok&market=residential&maxprice=8000&unselected=REGION|TH10&ps=1

https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/search/rent/condo_y/any_r1/any_r2/1000,8000_p/any_b/any_a/any_w/any_o/any_i/100.62442610451406,13.77183154691727_c/12_z/list_v

4 minutes ago, ozmeldo said:

It will be a serviced apt. All standard apts you contract for at least a year. Our apt, the year lapses and you are month to month thereafter. Many  may do a new lease.

How realistic is it to find a decent serviced apt. in the 8000 range? What kind of deposit would you be looking at?

4 minutes ago, MasterHongThong said:

How realistic is it to find a decent serviced apt. in the 8000 range? What kind of deposit would you be looking at?

Very. Our apt is 5400. I think it's was only 4200 when we came in 8 years ago. Central BKK, 650m from MRT.

Just get out and look. It's a big effort.

You'll often get "full" as soon as you ask, they don't want to deal with falang. If you can speak enough Thai that lowers their apprension, it will help.

No, I'm not going to give you the name of the building. Enough crazy farang pass thru as it is. Happilyy down markedly over past years.

18 minutes ago, MasterHongThong said:

For 8000 baht per month?

I have only stayed for weeks, but I have seen rooms advertised for as low as 250 baht per day .  But maybe not the best types for that price. 

1 hour ago, King Crimson said:

Thx all, except the person who said get a hostel.

I found a place at Suk 71. Furnished room with tv and fridge, 8000 per month. Although they don't require contract, they want 2 months rent as deposit, plus the actual rent.

Doubt you'll get it back. That's why just better to stay in serviced flat. Long stay GH really. I tried air bnb in states, what a headache.

Leave a month early, move to serviced apt and bug them daily about the deposit. Really after you clear out they should be able to refund you.

Yes be careful with deposits. 1 month deposit should be more than enough for a cheap room. You could risk paying 3 months for 1 month if the owner tries to scam you.

23 hours ago, King Crimson said:

Thx all, except the person who said get a hostel.

I found a place at Suk 71. Furnished room with tv and fridge, 8000 per month. Although they don't require contract, they want 2 months rent as deposit, plus the actual rent.

Congrats on your find. Phra Khanong is a good location with W District down at the intersection of Sukhumvit, plus one stop to the On Nut shopping malls, Lotus and TOPS. 

How far out 71 did you end up? 

May I respectfully suggest that if your accommodation budget only extends to a meagre 8,000 baht a month, you should immediately pack your bags and fly back to your home country (that is, if you can scrape together enough for a one-way ticket)? Thailand and specifically Bangkok is too expensive for your very limited means. Go back to your own country and get a job, save money and then retire to Thailand in the future if you find you can afford it. It boggles my mind how someone who's looking for an 8,000 baht apartment can consider themselves safe in a third-world country where health and safety hazards are multitudinous on every street and yet presumably you don't have comprehensive health insurance? And yet you want to rent a dirt-cheap room in the dangerous capital of a third-world country? You need a reality check.

Try phoning Romance mansion in Bang Jag down Sukhumvit. They do monthly rentals but not sure how much now as been a long time since I was there.

Another one is PA Tower on Pahonyothin behind Don Muang airport. Nice rooftop swimming pool and cheap eats nearby.

There are plenty out there if you keep looking. Stayed at many.

There is another one on Ngam Wong Warn road in the soi opposite big C and 100 meters from BTS. Suan Sook or something like that. About 5000 a month with underground car park. I used to rent this place out just to use the car park before and after a 3 week trip to the UK. Only slept there 5 nights.

8 hours ago, Thainess said:

You need a reality check.

No its you who needs a reality check . The reality is that many young people live and work in Thailand with low salaries and on a budget .

There are many 1 room condos with swimming pool and gym for under 8000 baht in Bangkok . So to suggest the poster doesn't even deserve to come here , because he is on a budget tell us more about you and who needs a reality check. 

I have lived in such a place myself , a nice 1 br condo with swimming pool and gym and I paid 7500 baht .  I had 1 milllion baht in my account at that time but I didn't want to waste my money .

15 hours ago, Thainess said:

May I respectfully suggest that if your accommodation budget only extends to a meagre 8,000 baht a month, you should immediately pack your bags and fly back to your home country (that is, if you can scrape together enough for a one-way ticket)? Thailand and specifically Bangkok is too expensive for your very limited means. Go back to your own country and get a job, save money and then retire to Thailand in the future if you find you can afford it. It boggles my mind how someone who's looking for an 8,000 baht apartment can consider themselves safe in a third-world country where health and safety hazards are multitudinous on every street and yet presumably you don't have comprehensive health insurance? And yet you want to rent a dirt-cheap room in the dangerous capital of a third-world country? You need a reality check.

Lol are you serious or just trolling? If you are serious, you are the one who should leave Thailand immediately, cause you are living in your small bubble, not in Thailand. And if you are just a troll, I respect the effort you put in your post. ???? You must be a sad lonely person who has a lot of time to write that kind of nonsense.

17 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Congrats on your find. Phra Khanong is a good location with W District down at the intersection of Sukhumvit, plus one stop to the On Nut shopping malls, Lotus and TOPS. 

How far out 71 did you end up? 

Hey thx a lot mate. Yep I know the area a bit, had beer at W district food court once. The place is about 1 km to BTS, so not bad really. If only they would accept 1 month deposit that would be perfect for me.

4 hours ago, King Crimson said:

Hey thx a lot mate. Yep I know the area a bit, had beer at W district food court once. The place is about 1 km to BTS, so not bad really. If only they would accept 1 month deposit that would be perfect for me.

VIP mansion in soi 23 off Sukhumvit 71 used to do rooms by the month in that price range. No pool but room is well equipped with microwave , kettle etc. There are pictures of it on agoda. Used to be a bloke selling excellent Hainan chicken rice ( khao man gai ) at the mouth of the soi. Phone up and ask.

Never tried it myself but 

On November 2, 2018 at 11:39 AM, ozmeldo said:

Very. Our apt is 5400. I think it's was only 4200 when we came in 8 years ago. Central BKK, 650m from MRT.

Just get out and look. It's a big effort.

You'll often get "full" as soon as you ask, they don't want to deal with falang. If you can speak enough Thai that lowers their apprension, it will help.

No, I'm not going to give you the name of the building. Enough crazy farang pass thru as it is. Happilyy down markedly over past years.

And cheap places like that are often thai named and down some soi nobody's heard of.

op take mrt to 'on nut' area and walk around.

On 11/5/2018 at 2:43 AM, balo said:

No its you who needs a reality check . The reality is that many young people live and work in Thailand with low salaries and on a budget .

There are many 1 room condos with swimming pool and gym for under 8000 baht in Bangkok . So to suggest the poster doesn't even deserve to come here , because he is on a budget tell us more about you and who needs a reality check. 

I have lived in such a place myself , a nice 1 br condo with swimming pool and gym and I paid 7500 baht .  I had 1 milllion baht in my account at that time but I didn't want to waste my money .

Well said Balo and denim. No need for the snidey and inaccurate post from Thainess.

On 11/4/2018 at 6:39 PM, Thainess said:

this forum would be a pleasant place if it wasnt for nasty people like yourself, many here pretend to be helpful when in fact they have no wish to be helpful

21 hours ago, Dick Crank said:

Never tried it myself but 

And cheap places like that are often thai named and down some soi nobody's heard of.

op take mrt to 'on nut' area and walk around.

Yes, so if you wish to live here in such gems. Down quiet sois you get out and look for them. It's definitely not easy finding a great flat. Dozens of issues.

14 hours ago, rott said:

Well said Balo and denim. No need for the snidey and inaccurate post from Thainess.

What interests me is everyone's obsession with condo living when you can stay in a 2 bed house with swimming pool in the moo ban, security outside and 13 Baht bus into town for around 5000 Baht per month.

Ting tong farang indeed!

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

What interests me is everyone's obsession with condo living when you can stay in a 2 bed house with swimming pool in the moo ban, security outside and 13 Baht bus into town for around 5000 Baht per month.

Ting tong farang indeed!

True but if you read the OP only a single months rental is wanted.

Very difficult to rent out a house for a month as owners prefer a long let.

Archived