Finding a monthly rental for about 8000 baht without contract

King Crimson

I came last year, got nice furnished studio in old building, Airbnb $1100 USD for 3 month contract, no deposit, taken off my credit card each month. Now I've returned to same building, 1 year contract, basically same flat, 6500 THB, 2 months deposit. Another thing you could do is rent on 1 year contract, just move when ready, you won't get deposit back and factor that into the rent.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

What interests me is everyone's obsession with condo living when you can stay in a 2 bed house with swimming pool in the moo ban, security outside and 13 Baht bus into town for around 5000 Baht per month.

Ting tong farang indeed!

If you enjoy living with the motorsai or yaba dealers, yes, this is a moo ban for you !

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The comment of the ignorant. The moo ban I described is filled with middle class Thais with good jobs.

100% sure, the same kind as foreigners who cannot pay more than 5000 to rent a house...

1 hour ago, l4ml4m said:

100% sure, the same kind as foreigners who cannot pay more than 5000 to rent a house...

In fact most are owner occupied with a couple of houses available to rent.

Best you stick to your Nana hotel and its happy beer joints.

16 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

when you can stay in a 2 bed house with swimming pool in the moo ban, security outside and 13 Baht bus into town for around 5000 Baht per month.

Location I guess , and security . Not all moo bans are the same , with trusted security.

If you can give me an example of a 2 bed house with swimming pool in Pattaya for 5000 baht , let me know. 

Ok so I've checked into my place. It's a really nice, clean, big room with aircon, fridge, flat screen TV, microwave & kettle. The condo even has a mini swimming pool and a mini gym. The manager lady is very nice and friendly. Also it is only 1 month deposit, not 2 months, I got it wrong the first time. With water and electricity, it'll probably be something like 9000 baht per month. But even that makes 300 baht per day, a similar hotel room probably costs at least 1000 baht per day. There are 2 huge supermarkets 3 minutes walking distance, and it's just 1km walk to bts. Also about 800m to W District. So I'm quite happy. ???? Thanks to all who genuinely tried to help.

P_20181110_184838.jpg

On 11/4/2018 at 9:55 PM, Denim said:

Try phoning Romance mansion in Bang Jag down Sukhumvit. They do monthly rentals but not sure how much now as been a long time since I was there.

Another one is PA Tower on Pahonyothin behind Don Muang airport. Nice rooftop swimming pool and cheap eats nearby.

There are plenty out there if you keep looking. Stayed at many.

There is another one on Ngam Wong Warn road in the soi opposite big C and 100 meters from BTS. Suan Sook or something like that. About 5000 a month with underground car park. I used to rent this place out just to use the car park before and after a 3 week trip to the UK. Only slept there 5 nights.

since when is there ever been a BTS on Ngam Wong Warn road??

1 hour ago, King Crimson said:

Ok so I've checked into my place. It's a really nice, clean, big room with aircon, fridge, flat screen TV, microwave & kettle. The condo even has a mini swimming pool and a mini gym. The manager lady is very nice and friendly. Also it is only 1 month deposit, not 2 months, I got it wrong the first time. With water and electricity, it'll probably be something like 9000 baht per month. But even that makes 300 baht per day, a similar hotel room probably costs at least 1000 baht per day. There are 2 huge supermarkets 3 minutes walking distance, and it's just 1km walk to bts. Also about 800m to W District. So I'm quite happy. ???? Thanks to all who genuinely tried to help.

P_20181110_184838.jpg

"a similar hotel room probably costs at least 1000 baht per day."

Do you live in dreamworld? Your 1km walk to a bts and your in the Burbs! miles away from anything! If I paid 1ooo baht for that dump I would walk straight back out collecting my 1k back

try 500 baht a day max if it were a hotel room !!

You can stay at the promenade a 3 star on soi 8 sukhumvit 200 meters from Nana Bts for 1k a night and a far better room and in the heart of the action no bts needed

1 hour ago, spiderzik said:

If I paid 1ooo baht for that

He is paying 300 baht , so for that price this room is a good deal . 

Yes you can get nice hotel rooms for 1000 baht . But that would have cost him 30k for a month . 

23 minutes ago, balo said:

He is paying 300 baht , so for that price this room is a good deal . 

Yes you can get nice hotel rooms for 1000 baht . But that would have cost him 30k for a month . 

you better slow down go back and read the post I replied to. He said if he was renting the same room as a hotel it would be 1k a night. Im pointing out he is in lala land if he thinks that room would be 1 k a night.  

at 8k for the location he paid to much . 

3 hours ago, King Crimson said:

P_20181110_184838.jpg

Dont let the naysaysers get ya down. You scored fast on a monthly with no commitment. Swimming pool too. 1000 meters to the BTS is about a 15 minute stroll, W district is pretty cool, there are some good markets down that way too. Make friends with your moto guys and I bet its 15 baht or less. Everyone has an opinion as to whats better, its your happiness that counts. No sense in spending all your time looking for temporary digs, find a place that suits you so you have time to have fun!

I did the same on my current trip...find a place as fast as possible. I have lived in your area and it was one of my first choices for me, instead, rather than hump all over town, I found what I considerd to be a fair priced place that suits my needs here in Thonburi.  Im very happy with my place now, and I have the leisure to check out places for next year. I am a condo/apartment guy myself because that suits MY lifestyle, others like houses, whatever floats your boat. If I give up this place, it will be to go on the river on the Thonburi side. The Thonburi side is close enough to the "action" of Nana area for me. May I suggest that you take some time to explore your neighborhood, there is a lot of cool stuff outside "Nana".

Have fun.

11 hours ago, King Crimson said:

P_20181110_184838.jpg

That looks like a complete and utter dump.... Yuck! You obviously have very low standards. I wouldn't live in that squalid little room if you paid me!

7 hours ago, balo said:

It's a 1 month contract , short term . Try to find short term under 8k , can't be easy. 

Exactly. My usual hotel offers 3 month short terms at about 12K plus but only one month is almost 15K. I pay 11K on a 6 month condo and trust me, I have come here enough and spent enough time researching to know that the dude got a good deal. He got a pool too...nice.

When I look for a place, I want to be 1km or less from BTS or MRT. Thats an easy walk, even in the heat. The key thing on a long term stay is also being close to a decent size supermarket so you can get your goodies with no hassle. 

1 hour ago, Thainess said:

That looks like a complete and utter dump.... Yuck! You obviously have very low standards. I wouldn't live in that squalid little room if you paid me!

Wow dude, he is here for a month. Who wants to spend the entire time looking for a crib, or dropping 20-40K for palatial digs, even if you can afford it (which I can). Its a place to sleep close to the BTS. 

I think he did good, but hey, Im a gutter crawler too, I live in Thonburi...the wrong side of town for Westerners ????

16 hours ago, King Crimson said:

P_20181110_184838.jpg

That's a good, well furnished room. Balcony, I presume? Good internet?

Let the pretend hi-so's prattle on. Having learned some lessons, I don't want to be house-bound paying 25-30k a month with a big deposit. I like it that I can walk away from 10k or whatever if I want to change locations or countries, which I've done numerous times.

Anyway, that's a great find and only a quick walk to the BTS and W. Guess you're near the Big C Supercenter and Aeon MaxValu?

I may shift back to Thailand next spring. Would appreciate it if you could send me a PM of the name and location of your building. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Thainess said:

Well, I'm sure KC will be very happy to know you will not be in the vicinity any time soon. That's a big plus.

9 hours ago, Thainess said:

Easy now , he is only staying there for 1 month.  Its a standard room with fridge and TV. Plenty of rooms who looks worse than this in BKK. 

With min 6 months contract he could get a real 1 br condo for the same price. 

On 11/10/2018 at 6:57 PM, King Crimson said:

P_20181110_184838.jpg

Excellent find! Mind PMing me the building or general area? Also looking for short term monthly rental... 

Good result. If you were on the ground longer you'd find cheaper rents for similar rooms, but really only easy if you speak Thai and a lot of traipsing around first. Soi 71 is a good choice these days, well served by transport - countless buses and songthaews will get you to the bts for under ten baht, most times of the day you only need to wait a minute or two. Lots of local restaurants and markets, and a Tesco Lotus and Maxvalu close by.

7 hours ago, Dfdan said:

Excellent find! Mind PMing me the building or general area? Also looking for short term monthly rental... 

Try the Boss Mansion, Rama IV, Soi 42. Minimum of three months for the discount

58 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I recommend just finding a hot, 20 year old HiSo bisexual Thai-Chinese girl with a car and s good job and just move with her.

Sorted

Done. Ill trade ya my condo for the name.

Does her Daddy own a liquor store by any chance?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 3:57 AM, King Crimson said:

P_20181110_184838.jpg

Congrats King Crimson! I'm glad you were able to find what you were looking for. That seems like a great location too. I hope you're having a great time in Bangkok.

Archived