Finding a monthly rental for about 8000 baht without contract

King Crimson

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2018 at 5:20 PM, King Crimson said:

Thx all, except the person who said get a hostel.

I found a place at Suk 71. Furnished room with tv and fridge, 8000 per month. Although they don't require contract, they want 2 months rent as deposit, plus the actual rent.

Don't want to put a downer on things, but you will be very lucky to get your'e full deposit back.

33 minutes ago, condo7 said:

As an experienced thai agent of Cloud 7 Realtors, I can tell you from my experience that it is difficult to find a rental about monthly 8000 Baht without a contract in Bangkok. But if you need it immediately you must consult a good realtor.

I tried using a realtor to find me a condo, it wasted my time. No call backs. Broken promises. Inflated prices.

On 11/2/2018 at 5:32 PM, MasterHongThong said:

They are out there. I've come across several while looking for apartments and condos in Bangkok recently that actually mention in their ad that they will do month to month, but they ask 1000 or 2000 more per month. If you really like a place and the ad says a 1 year contract is required it might be worth offering more per month and see if they will work with you.

agree, you have to do the leg work; i looked at every block in the area i wanted to live, found them generally welcoming, though there were wide dependencies between what you pay and the quality of the apartment. i found somewhere amazing and it was nowhere near the most expensive and have been here for 10 years in which time the rent has gone up 200 b/month. bargain then and now.

3 hours ago, condo7 said:

As an experienced thai agent of Cloud 7 Realtors, I can tell you from my experience that it is difficult to find a rental about monthly 8000 Baht without a contract in Bangkok. But if you need it immediately you must consult a good realtor.

Not true at all. All you need is a phone.

Realtors work for the landlords. The more they can get you to pay, the higher their cut it.
Not really it's only a few ‰ so hanging out for a bigger deal isn't really worth it

A good realtor will work the landlord and not the customer.

A 100k in commission right now is way better than going 120k and losing the deal

If one realtor didn't satisfy you that doesn't mean all realtors are same. There are many good realtors who are dedicated to their job. Until you don't get your dream home they will keep finding for you.

There are a lot of great realtors, but again, they work for the landlord, not the renter.

The better the realtor is, the more money they get for their employer.

Not really it's only a few ‰ so hanging out for a bigger deal isn't really worth it

A good realtor will work the landlord and not the customer.

A 100k in commission right now is way better than going 120k and losing the deal

So it’s your position that good realtors sell out their employer for a quick commission?

I don’t think so.

1 hour ago, condo7 said:

If one realtor didn't satisfy you that doesn't mean all realtors are same. There are many good realtors who are dedicated to their job. Until you don't get your dream home they will keep finding for you.

Good. Next year I want a modern apt/condo (30sqm is OK), on the River, near a pier, Thonburi side OK but no further up than Wanglang on Thoburi or Phra Artit on Bangkok, River view required or a modern apt/condo (30sqm is OK) within 500 meters of either Krung Thonburi or Ari or Wongwiang Yai BTS, high floor, non street view, High speed internet, fully furnished, no more than 11,000-15,000 Baht a month, 6 month lease.

Get to work, you have time, PM me when you have something, figure start October 2019. 

45 minutes ago, condo7 said:

It's better to talk over the phone. Or else you can visit our website, facebook page.

Been there, done that. Talked to agents, emailed agants, visited agents, wasted my time. You know what I am looking for, send me a PM if you got.

Archived