Air Force officer killed in motorcycle-truck collision in Ayutthaya

rooster59

Air Force officer killed in motorcycle-truck collision in Ayutthaya

By The Nation

An Air Force flight sergeant was killed when his BMW motorcycle collided with a 18-wheel truck on an Ayutthaya road early on Saturday.

Ft Sgt 1st Class Pollawat Puangdee, 35, died at the scene of the accident on the north-bound Asia highway in Moo 5 village in Tambon Khayai in Ayutthaya's Bang Pahan district. The accident happened ahead of a bridge over the Lop Buri River.

His BMW R1150GS motorcycle also hit a bus and a pickup truck after it collided with the truck.

Police arrested Somkid Thongma-eng, 65, the driver of the 18-wheel truck, and charged him with reckless driving causing death and property damage.

Somkid told police that he made a U-turn under the bridge and collided with the fast-incoming motorcycle.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30357807

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-03

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

the fast-incoming motorcycle.

??? How about on-coming? Is there a war with motorcycle riders vs drivers? Motorcycle riders are missiles?  ????   

(Some drunk or drugged ones probably are):smile:

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

That's a mighty expensive motorcycle for a flight sergeant.

First thing I noticed too. The cost new was in excess of  1 million baht. Perhaps he purchased it used? I know that with BMW vehicles, smart owners dump their cars after 5 years because all the parts start to break or will have worn out. Maybe the same holds for the bikes.

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

That's a mighty expensive motorcycle for a flight sergeant.

49 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

First thing I noticed too. The cost new was in excess of  1 million baht. Perhaps he purchased it used? I know that with BMW vehicles, smart owners dump their cars after 5 years because all the parts start to break or will have worn out. Maybe the same holds for the bikes.

It says in the article an 1150GS.

That is 3 models ago.

ie at least 10 years ago, if not more, i'm not really genned up on GS boxer twins.

Depending on condition & mileage, worth anywhere between 300-450,000 Baht.

And whose to say it's not on finance.

Jeez, some people and their suppositions.

RIP to the air force sergeant riding his BMW motorcycle.

Surprised there are not more bike accidents at some of these u-turns. Walking last night, busy highway, saw three different bikes go flying by at 120+ in a 60 zone, two wearing only shorts and t-shirt, no helmet.... even sitting inside an air-conditioned coffee shop set back fifty metres from the road you can still hear them screaming past.

Archived