Dead from a Thai massage? No blame attached to parlor, says wife

rooster59

Dead from a Thai massage? No blame attached to parlor, says wife

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUxMi83NTYzNTEwL25ld3MwOS5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

Thai news sites and social media were abuzz yesterday after a video was shared of a Thai man who died while having a massage. 

Questions were being asked as to how safe a Thai massage is. 

"Ton" the assumed name of the younger brother of the victim explained what happened to Sanook.

Ton said that his brother had been playing football with friends and suffered a twisted ankle. He went for treatment at a doctor. 

A week later the victim and some friends went to the floating market where the victim complained of being in leg pain and wanted to get a Thai massage.

After being in the massage shop ten minutes he stopped breathing. It was 30 minutes before an ambulance arrived. 

He could not be revived. 

Doctors said that he died from a blood clot. 

The victim's wife said she attached no blame to the massage shop and had not filed a claim with police.

She said she received 40,000 baht from the shop. 

Source: Sanook and Amarin

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-04

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

A massage is not a good treatment for a twisted ankle. It does nothing to help the damaged tissue, and it can encourage blood clots to break free and hit vital areas, as what happened here.

I agree with the first line, but only partially with the blood clots part.

Would not blood clots "break free" eventually, with or without massage ?

3 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I would not have a Thai massage if I was paid to, the last one in 2011 nearly crippled me. Too many of them at it are not qualified, even if they do have a certificate!

Got to agree with that, last time i had a Thai massage, some muscles in my leg were hurting for days.

Oil massage is not bad though.

2 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:
30 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I agree with the first line, but only partially with the blood clots part.

Would not blood clots "break free" eventually, with or without massage ?

Not a physician, but it is my understanding that most dissolve on their own.

That is my impression too, i would rather point to the cynicism of some "massage people" who assure the customer to be able to solve a problem, which they know they cannot.

Twisted ankle ? Rest and a bag of ice, as far as i know.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

What do they expect when training takes 3 days and that’s if they bothered to actually train.

First hand experience , went in with neck pain due to bad night sleep , came out with numb hand for 6 months .

BS. It takes a lot longer than 3 days to become certified as a Thai masseur. Quit undermining what some of these ladies/men do to make a living. Its not cheap for them to study. You probably went for the happy ending type & had an unqualified street girl rubbing you down. Ask to see their certification next time.

http://www.watpomassage.com/2014/index.php?r=/site/article&id=14

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

A massage is not a good treatment for a twisted ankle. It does nothing to help the damaged tissue, and it can encourage blood clots to break free and hit vital areas, as what happened here.

The man had already complained of leg pain prior to going to the massage shop which is an indicator for a DVT.  But without a Drs. diagnosis and proper treatment once the clot  causes a pulmonary embolism the man's death was most eminent. The masage may have accelerated the process but would be only secondary to the cause.

6 hours ago, doremifasol said:

It was 30 minutes before an ambulance arrived.

Wow...... that's a long time for an emergency.

my guess no one was doing basic normal cpr once you start u can not stop until ambulance or paramedics arrive RIP 

i go to an awful lot of massage all the time since

i got unbearable pain, it differs a whole wide world between them,

easily 95% are not worth the time, let alone money, but some put their back into it, and with my kind of pain, i chose death over the pain

of no massage, even tho the massage itself is terribly painful too

2 hours ago, TumblinDice said:

BS. It takes a lot longer than 3 days to become certified as a Thai masseur. Quit undermining what some of these ladies/men do to make a living. Its not cheap for them to study. You probably went for the happy ending type & had an unqualified street girl rubbing you down. Ask to see their certification next time.

http://www.watpomassage.com/2014/index.php?r=/site/article&id=14

Ohhhh because one school it takes longer than 3 days that means that 3 days does not exist and all get certified at this 1 school?

please do try to think before opening your mouth 

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

Ohhhh because one school it takes longer than 3 days that means that 3 days does not exist and all get certified at this 1 school?

please do try to think before opening your mouth 

I gave one example. Do you want more? Google it yourself. Do your homework before you open your mouth.

Archived