Dead from a Thai massage? No blame attached to parlor, says wife

rooster59

Massages should beneficial for circulation. 

I had one lady crack my neck by cranking it to the sides and it scared the .... out of me. Felt like my neck was broken, but strangely enough it did feel kinda nice.

1 hour ago, lust said:

I had one lady crack my neck by cranking it to the sides and it scared the .... out of me. Felt like my neck was broken, but strangely enough it did feel kinda nice.

i had a neck lock-up, i couldnt turn my head in any direction

and had to go to cambodia on a visa run yet again,

a 10 yo girl came and wanted to sell the usual trash on the beach,

then to get me in a better mood she took my head and quickly snapped it upwards in a twisting motion,

my spine unlocked at every section from solar plexus until my skull,

i was cured ! i asked what she wanted me to buy ?

3 hours ago, TumblinDice said:

I gave one example. Do you want more? Google it yourself. Do your homework before you open your mouth.

You gave nothing but rubbbish , claiming and assuming many if not most go to proper school. Fact is many received their certificates in 3 day schools that is if they bothered to attend  instead of just paying little extra to get one without attendance 

Massage parlour faces scrutiny after death of customer

By The Nation

Relevant authorities are investigating a massage parlour where a client died while receiving its services.

“We will check if it is operating with a proper licence and if its masseur or masseuse is certified,” Health Establishment Bureau director Dr Pattarapon Jungsomjatepaisal said on Sunday. 

At present, the victim’s wife has not filed a complaint with police after the massage-parlour operator paid Bt40,000 as condolence.

“Ton”, the younger brother of the victim, Sanook, said his brother had been playing football with friends and suffered a twisted ankle. He headed to a doctor for treatment.

A week later the victim and some friends went to the nearby floating market where the victim complained of leg pain and wanted to get a Thai massage to provide some relief. It seems the relief was more than what he was expecting.

After being in the massage parlour for 10 minutes, he stopped breathing. Thirty minutes later an ambulance arrived but he could not be revived despite the attempts of the staff.

Doctors say the man died from a blood clot. 

Pattarapon said if the massage parlour was found to have been operating without a licence, its owner would be liable to up to six years in jail and/or a maximum fine of Bt50,000. 

“If it operated with a licence but had hired a masseur/masseuse not certified by the Health Service Support Department, it will face punishment. The harshest penalty is the loss of the licence,” he said.

Pattarapon emphasised that massage parlours must screen the health of customers before providing services. 

“You have to ask first if a customer has had a health condition that is not suitable for massage,” he said. 

He said that people having fever of 38.5 degrees Celsius or up, high blood pressure, a broken bone, inflammation, uncontrollable diabetes, open wounds, severe osteoporosis and cancer must not be given massage.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30357848

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-05

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that people having fever of 38.5 degrees Celsius or up, high blood pressure, a broken bone, inflammation, uncontrollable diabetes, open wounds, severe osteoporosis and cancer must not be given massage.

Why would you go for a massage with a fever?

Or does the massage parlour take your temperature for you, just to cover (not uncover) themselves?

On 11/4/2018 at 10:18 AM, marko kok prong said:

had one once,like torture,i would have preffered waterboarding.

That's your fault then. You should always tell the masseuse what areas you need attention and pressure and how hard. If she's hurting you, tell her, not lie there in agony.  

Most masseuses will ask "Chep mai?" Is that sore? or words to that effect.

I'm sure after that experience you found a more gentle masseuse.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

“You have to ask first if a customer has had a health condition that is not suitable for massage,” he said.

Wow, I must have been coming in the wrong parlors for massage, as I've never been asked anything like that – or perhaps I just misunderstod bad pronounced English, when I politely said "No, krab" to what I believed was a question about "extra service"...????

On 11/4/2018 at 8:51 AM, sweatalot said:

DVT followed by pulmonary embolism

Exactly my thoughts....   same thing happened to me 10 years ago, also after playing football (obviously without the deadly result)... 

... I guess this guy was just extremely unlucky that the clot didn't break up and instead must have plugged up his pulmonary Artery and killed him in one fell swoop (IF thats was happened at all)...

...Stats show that approximately 1/3rd of people who suffer a Pulmonary Embolism die within 90 seconds...  (no source - I just remember this fact after doing research into the issue when I fell ill). 

21 hours ago, BestB said:

You gave nothing but rubbbish , claiming and assuming many if not most go to proper school. Fact is many received their certificates in 3 day schools that is if they bothered to attend  instead of just paying little extra to get one without attendance 

Really? And you know this for a fact? What did you do, go around to the thousands of massage shops & take a consensus? Did you ask each one to show their certificate & you saw that it was only 3 days? And for the ones that didn't attend you saw their attendance report? WOW, you must have been busy. Show your evidence then. Lets see your facts. You are so full of it.

And where did I claim anything & where did I assume? 

Think & do your homework before running off at the mouth, fool. Otherwise show your proof! 

On 11/4/2018 at 2:02 PM, lust said:

From my own experience of getting Thai massages, many times, it feels good when they stop. Personally I think many masseuses are way too fierce and un-gentle, but then their training is a bit iffy (thinking here of the school at Ramkamhaeng). But then I suppose, why should Thai massage training be any better than Thai training in anything? They're not known for excellence in anything that isn't bragging.

In the case reported here, one wonders why the ankle injury wasn't noticed, it would be human nature when going to a massage to have an ankle injury attended to, for the client to actually draw attention to the ankle injury no? Or perhaps it was pointed out and attracted particular attention, which might perhaps have been what fragmented the clotting that healing usually involves. More to this than meets the eye perhaps. I wonder if the 40,000 baht has anything to do with the lack of finger-pointing...

3 hours ago, TumblinDice said:

Really? And you know this for a fact? What did you do, go around to the thousands of massage shops & take a consensus? Did you ask each one to show their certificate & you saw that it was only 3 days? And for the ones that didn't attend you saw their attendance report? WOW, you must have been busy. Show your evidence then. Lets see your facts. You are so full of it.

And where did I claim anything & where did I assume? 

Think & do your homework before running off at the mouth, fool. Otherwise show your proof! 

As oppose to you knowing how exactly ? Ohh wait I know , google is your best friend ????

27 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

This seems totally at odds with the massage parlours, if thay can't massage anything that's 'inflammation' that will put most massage parlours out of business. No more happy endings.

How many massage parlours exactly would it put out of business?

I'm betting I won't get a number, nor (probably) even a reply, so it's likely a safe bet that the point cn be written off as nonsense.

On 11/4/2018 at 9:38 AM, Orton Rd said:

I would not have a Thai massage if I was paid to, the last one in 2011 nearly crippled me. Too many of them at it are not qualified, even if they do have a certificate!

There are the good places and the bad places to choose from. I usually use the same place as the local Thais goes to and now I know that the woman (in her 60's) that I usually ask for has studied traditional Thai medicine for 3 years at a university with her last year was focused only on massage so, she has been working with massage and traditional medicine for about 40 years.
But you are right as there are a lot of Essarn people in (Bangkok and other places) that have not studied a single hour and are just working in that field to service foreigner tourists... for them being Thai is only qualification needed to call it a "Thai" massage!

various posts removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

On 11/4/2018 at 10:24 AM, TumblinDice said:

Here we go with all the expert armchair opinions once again. That and the lame jokes.

true but that is what most come here for, no?

a lesson to learn from my experiences

tho, if you have anything wrong with you, do not go to these massage 

they most probably make things worse

Archived