Bookings Surge at Chiang Mai Hotels for Cool Season

rooster59

Bookings Surge at Chiang Mai Hotels for Cool Season

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

cmhotspring-696x522.png

Hot springs at a resort in Chiang Mai province. Photo: Matichon

CHIANG MAI — Cooler weather and the high season are bringing welcome visitors to the north.

Chiang Mai hotels are already 70 percent to 80 percent booked for the next four months, and Noppadol Jaripak of the provincial tourism industry council said the majority of those booking the 50,000 hotel and resort rooms are tourists from Europe and North America.

The majority from Europe are tourists from Spain, England, Italy and France.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/11/03/bookings-surge-at-chiang-mai-hotels-for-cool-season/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-11-04

Looking at the amount of latest crackdown closing rate of hostel/guesthouse accommodation, for once the 70-80% reserve rate could actually hold a bit water - though the 50K amount of available accommodation would be off the mark in that case x)

On 11/4/2018 at 8:01 AM, SoilSpoil said:

Somehow I find it hard to believe that 70 to 80% of all rooms are pre booked for the coming 4 months. 

They may be, but it doesn't mean much. A lot of online bookings nowadays can be cancelled  until a few days before without penalty.

There defiantly been an uptick in tourist over the last week. The massage shop I visit has been supper slow but today when I showed for my appointment she had 3 farang girls in getting worked on. It is the start of high season

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, SoilSpoil said:

Somehow I find it hard to believe that 70 to 80% of all rooms are pre booked for the coming 4 months. 

Very cynical when its obvious someone has sat down and rung at least 1,000 Hotels,Resorts and Guest Houses to ask the question.Amazingly he /she undertook the same task last year and came up with the same result !

On 11/4/2018 at 2:01 AM, SoilSpoil said:

I've just arrived and my room is booked for the next 3 months and I made the booking some three months ago.  To get a tourist visa, confirmation of hotel booking is needed.

On 11/5/2018 at 3:11 AM, jabis said:

Looking at the amount of latest crackdown closing rate of hostel/guesthouse accommodation, for once the 70-80% reserve rate could actually hold a bit water - though the 50K amount of available accommodation would be off the mark in that case x)

No it won't hold water. And this is the report,  on another forum, a Hotel owner form CM basically blew apart.

I hope they get some people from somewhere,  but waving pom poms and saying its good in HOPES it will be ........... is sad.

Archived