Trang info please

elgenon

Very little in Trang for a westerner...few people can speak/understand English...I have a house nearby (Huay Yot) we travel down from Pattaya once a month and stay around 10 days or so...its beautiful/peaceful and quiet.....I do not know of a fellow farang living nearby so my TGF is the only person I can have a proper conversation with......no bars to pop into and have a chat with fellow farangs etc  as out in the sticks its all rubber gardens and folk getting up in the dead of night to tap the trees ......enjoy going down yet happy to return,personally I could never live there permanently :thumbsup:

In Trang city itself I am not aware of any "International restaurants" serving proper western food,of course they have the usual fast food outlets in the malls.... you will need transport in the city as there are no songthaews just a few tuk tuks/motorcycle guys,people in general are pleasant and welcoming and in our local Tesco express (7 kms away) I,m still getting stares as if I,m from outer space four years on LOL

17 hours ago, petermik said:

Very little in Trang for a westerner...few people can speak/understand English...I have a house nearby (Huay Yot) we travel down from Pattaya once a month and stay around 10 days or so...its beautiful/peaceful and quiet.....I do not know of a fellow farang living nearby so my TGF is the only person I can have a proper conversation with......no bars to pop into and have a chat with fellow farangs etc  as out in the sticks its all rubber gardens and folk getting up in the dead of night to tap the trees ......enjoy going down yet happy to return,personally I could never live there permanently :thumbsup:

Would you recommend a place to stay?

12 hours ago, elgenon said:

Would you recommend a place to stay?

Sorry cannot help....many Hotels/Guest houses though.....basically Trang is a southern Thai city for Thai,s quite clean/peaceful and laid back....no two tier pricing for farangs and prices in general are quite cheap.

If your GF is a teacher she will obviously be quite well educated and respectable....probably very genuine also (as is mine from Nakhorn si Thammarat) ....give it a go,flights down there are cheap enough and check the place out for yourself :thumbsup:

I have the best of both worlds IMHO around 20 days in "sin city" (not that I,m a sinner) and the rest in peace and quiet in beautiful surroundings with friendly locals.....BTW Ao Nang Krabi is just a couple of hours away by car and we visit often...nice place also.

Was in Tesco Lotus in the city earlier this year and coming up towards me was a fellow farang (Aussie) we smiled at each other and we more or less both said the same thing.....not many of us about here is there?

But live in Trang full time......no sorry.

Can’t really compare Ao Nang in krabi to Trang as you said Trang town is a cool laid back non tourist destination where Ao Nang Is the complete opposite Completely westernised it’s more like Europe than Thailand and full of family’s on package holidays frOm Europe.

7 hours ago, taninthai said:

Can’t really compare Ao Nang in krabi to Trang as you said Trang town is a cool laid back non tourist destination where Ao Nang Is the complete opposite Completely westernised it’s more like Europe than Thailand and full of family’s on package holidays frOm Europe.

I wasn,t making any comparison....merely pointing out that I like to visit often and it,s close proximity to Trang..........read my post properly before replying as such....and Ao Nang is predominantly Muslim not european.....have you ever been to either place? doubtful :whistling:

10 minutes ago, petermik said:

I wasn,t making any comparison....merely pointing out that I like to visit often and it,s close proximity to Trang..........read my post properly before replying as such....and Ao Nang is predominantly Muslim not european.....have you ever been to either place? doubtful :whistling:

Oh dear sorry mr stroppy reply ,,for having the audacity to post on a public forum ,get out bed the wrong side or do you think you are superior for some unknown reason,,,,yes lived around Ao Nang for 11 years thank you ,also visited Trang many times????.

7 hours ago, taninthai said:

Oh dear sorry mr stroppy reply ,,for having the audacity to post on a public forum ,get out bed the wrong side or do you think you are superior for some unknown reason,,,,yes lived around Ao Nang for 11 years thank you ,also visited Trang many times????.

Nothing wrong in replying to any post just read them properly in the first instance......and If you have lived "around" Ao Nang you should know the majority of the visitors are Muslim/Chinese and Indians....the europeans are a minority....at least in the 5 years I have been going :thumbsup:

Trang... Amphur Muang:  1952 by the Train station,  Guava (Mexican Food, killer burritos and a promising pizza menu..new brick oven... bit expensive but worth it.) Momma Mia Italian Cusine.. nice western places...

On 11/4/2018 at 9:13 PM, petermik said:

Sorry cannot help....many Hotels/Guest houses though.....basically Trang is a southern Thai city for Thai,s quite clean/peaceful and laid back....no two tier pricing for farangs and prices in general are quite cheap.

If your GF is a teacher she will obviously be quite well educated and respectable....probably very genuine also (as is mine from Nakhorn si Thammarat) ....give it a go,flights down there are cheap enough and check the place out for yourself :thumbsup:

I have the best of both worlds IMHO around 20 days in "sin city" (not that I,m a sinner) and the rest in peace and quiet in beautiful surroundings with friendly locals.....BTW Ao Nang Krabi is just a couple of hours away by car and we visit often...nice place also.

Was in Tesco Lotus in the city earlier this year and coming up towards me was a fellow farang (Aussie) we smiled at each other and we more or less both said the same thing.....not many of us about here is there?

But live in Trang full time......no sorry.

I assume that, being a teacher, she would be eligible for a US visa. Any thoughts on that?

Archived