VIDEO: 9 British tourists rescued from burning yacht in Phuket

rooster59

44 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Prove it.....as I thought you cannot. There are some walking this earth who know otherwise.....and there are some who at this point have not evolved spiritually to know that God exists.....but keep reincarnating like you have for around a million lifetimes....enjoy!

And God bless you.....as he/she does every day. There is no reason to respond because at this moment in time you only have your disbelief to offer. 

Not disbelief just common sense and sanity!

image.png.5c7ebe49d1953c7f0078bbcf7b2dfb90.png

7 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

If I was the owner I'd like the insurance company to evidence and prove that God actually exists and was directly implicated in the cause of the fire. Lightning on the other hand can explained quite easily by science and does exist. Amazing how insurers still hide behind such nonsense to potentially avoid a coverage.

+1. Great argument.

3 hours ago, Mansell said:

Prove it.....as I thought you cannot. There are some walking this earth who know otherwise.....and there are some who at this point have not evolved spiritually to know that God exists.....but keep reincarnating like you have for around a million lifetimes....enjoy!

And God bless you.....as he/she does every day. There is no reason to respond because at this moment in time you only have your disbelief to offer. 

I think the burden of proof lies with those that claim God does exist.

14 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Wow, some very lucky people indeed! I wonder if the mast was fitted with some sort of lightning rod? If so it could have saved these people's lives.  

Some people will just write anything in their haste to be first to comment.

If I had had the chance to comment earlier I would have said that the Earth wire wasnt long enough and then they would have lived even longer ...

To conduct a strike safely to “ground” (on a boat this means to the water), create a low-resistance path from the highest point on your boat to a metal grounding plate in contact with the water. Start with a solid half-inch-diameter steel or bronze rod elevated six to 12 inches above every other object on the boat.

I've been hit by lightning a few time on boats - usually lose just the item directly hit. Was struck off the Andamans a few years ago and it vaporised a 5m radio aerial but there was no other damage. There was a hell of a bang though.. Other times we've lost some instrument screens etc if the grounding isn't adequate.

On sailing boats the foot of the mast should have a grounding strap of braided copper wire attached to either a steel plate on the outside of the hull or to the keel but this often corrodes to nothing if the bilge isn't kept dry - check under your saloon floor if you own or charter a boat or this may happen to you..

On Sunday, November 04, 2018 at 12:55 PM, IamNoone88 said:

If I was the owner I'd like the insurance company to evidence and prove that God actually exists and was directly implicated in the cause of the fire. Lightning on the other hand can explained quite easily by science and does exist. Amazing how insurers still hide behind such nonsense to potentially avoid a coverage.

I like the idea of church steeples that have lightning conductors atop . If lightning strikes a church would this be an act of god ?

On 11/6/2018 at 12:46 PM, johng said:

In another thread the captain given 3 months suspended jail + 3000 baht fine for operating in Thai waters without captains licence.

Doesn't specifically state what type but I think it may be without a charter licence.. 

On 11/4/2018 at 10:57 PM, HHTel said:

Pure water is in fact an excellent insulator.  Contaminants in water make it a conductor. 

Sorry, I'm just bored! 

True. This is why Pure Water (Demineralized Water) has very low Conductivity when passing a current through it. 

So all you need to do now is find a large lake filled with Pure Demineralized Water (which doesn't exist naturally) to put your Yacht on it, so you can sleep restfully knowing that Lightning will not easily pass through this water. 

Guess I am just bored to! 

Archived