Where do you see Thailand in 10 years from now?

dennis123

9 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

A nice map indeed...with no Chonburi on it obviously...

Isaan is a plateau about 400 m above sea level, the brown/green part of the map, which in itself makes it a distinct region of Thailand.

Including Chonburi in Isaan would be rather strange since the geography is clear cut between coastal areas like Chonburi, and elevated areas like Isaan...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Brunolem said:

A nice map indeed...with no Chonburi on it obviously...

Isaan is a plateau about 400 m above sea level, the brown/green part of the map, which in itself makes it a distinct region of Thailand.

Including Chonburi in Isaan would be rather strange since the geography is clear cut between coastal areas like Chonburi, and elevated areas like Isaan...

.Again, whether it is or isn't is debatable, it's clear however that it's not, "Isaan is a long long way off Chonburi" Province.

12 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

As for your map of issan: several maps see the picture slightly differently (see above), whether or not Chonburi is actually considered to be in Issan is debatable but it is certain that Issan is not a long way away from it.

The map you quote still doesn't show chonburi, in or even close to issan. Happy to see any map that shows chonburi to be part of issan, or even bordering issan. 

44 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

.Again, whether it is or isn't is debatable, it's clear however that it's not, "Isaan is a long long way off Chonburi" Province.

Debatable how?

A long way or not depends on how one perceives it.

By plane it certainly isn't long...by car, it takes on average 4 hours to drive from Pattaya to Pak Thong Chai which somehow marks the entrance to Isaan when coming from Pattaya.

Whether this is a long way or not depends on each one's perception of time and distance...

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

True...as long as the war would remain relatively clean (no radiations).

Thailand could be spared, except the for the Utapao area, because there is not much of interest for the conflicting powers in this area.

The "little" problem is that our pensions and other benefits from home country wouldn't be spared, if you see what I mean...

I was in the services during the "cold war" era and we had a saying "if the bomb goes off, all you can do is stick your head between your legs and kiss your ar*e goodbye"!

No need to worry about pensions or other benefits from the home country. :thumbsup::cheesy: 

31 minutes ago, balo said:

It is not debatable , Isaan is not near Chonburi . Ask any Isaan girl in Pattaya . 

well,

I am tempted to say that the average Isaan bar gal in Patts hasn't the faintest idea where Isaan is.

31 minutes ago, balo said:

It is not debatable , Isaan is not near Chonburi . Ask any Isaan girl in Pattaya . 

well,

I am tempted to say that the average Isaan bar gal in Patts hasn't the faintest idea where Isaan is.

5 hours ago, Brunolem said:

True...as long as the war would remain relatively clean (no radiations).

Thailand could be spared, except the for the Utapao area, because there is not much of interest for the conflicting powers in this area.

The "little" problem is that our pensions and other benefits from home country wouldn't be spared, if you see what I mean...

This time Thailand can go first under the knife. With projects like Kra canal

has a good chance to become a center of conflict between superpowers .

9 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Debatable how?

A long way or not depends on how one perceives it.

By plane it certainly isn't long...by car, it takes on average 4 hours to drive from Pattaya to Pak Thong Chai which somehow marks the entrance to Isaan when coming from Pattaya.

Whether this is a long way or not depends on each one's perception of time and distance...

well, according to einsteins theory of space-time,

if we are exposed to a black hole in the vicinity

the distance will indeed be minimal, but the time to travel

in such gravity increases horribly

On 11/4/2018 at 12:15 PM, dennis123 said:

n my soi that counts 8 houses, there are 3 for rent, and they've been for rent as long as I live here (1-year).

Tis wouldn't be the same Soi the Eurpoean guy put up signs showing pictures of them flooding would it??   ????

19 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

well,

And even if she does know where Isaan is, she sure as hell doesn't know where Thailand is on a map of the world.

Here's my 10-year prediction:

This is the age of YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. Thai people are starting to wake up to the outside world.

The future depends on the government's censoring of these powerful communication tools. Thailand could go the way of China (which it very well could, given the close proximity and family ties between the two countries), with yet more social conditioning and manipulation.

Or, as the Houses in control start to die off or lose their power, the young Thai generation that is starting to "wake up" are going to demand real democracy relentlessly, and lese-majeste and hindered speech is going to lose its grip on Thai consciousness.

In 10 years, the roads will be jammed with tanks, military vehicles and wrecked buses, you'll not be able to swim coz of all the subs. report will be every week,kowtowing on entry, and 8 million in the bank. Rice farmers daughters will own most of the land and property.  People will be wearing virtual reality glasses 24/7 or Thailand will be run by the future forward party, and dictators will be rotting in jail.????

3 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

The same bargirls working the same shops but 10 yrs older....

Some few of them yes! 

However, why should they quit something they can do good, or at least stay as free as a bird as they can be compare to anything else they have to put up with, if not work in a bar! Just think about it! How about you <deleted> old drunk woman for living, how long would you last? Think about living rest of her life with her?  

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:15 AM, dennis123 said:

I really don't see how this is going to end well. Am I missing something?

Yes. Thailand doesn't depend on girls marrying farangs. Perhaps you live in a farang bubble, but there are millions and millions of Thai families that have no connection with any farang at all.

Anyway, the whole old farang marrying a young Thai girl scene was driven by divorced farangs with a lot of cash from the sale of their house back in farangland, when the baht was a lot cheaper and houses, etc in LOS were also a lot cheaper. As the baht increases in value and prices escalate, old farangs have a lot less money to support a family life style in LOS. I also think farang men are starting to realise that marrying a Thai girl is often a straight path to poverty or death. Some marry a good girl/ family, but many don't, and it is all on the internet.

Thailand will survive quite nicely without old farangs getting hooked by young Thai women.

22 hours ago, jackspade said:

This is the age of YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. Thai people are starting to wake up to the outside world.

My Thai wife used the internet to chat with her friends and play games. The idea that she would use it to change Thailand is laughable.

I think she is fairly typical of all the internet zombies in the world, wherever they live. my country is internet switched on and populated by sheeple that accept any <deleted> foisted on them by the bureaucracy.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:45 PM, 3NUMBAS said:

and self driving samlors will be chugging around with no driver ..shipping melons coconuts and pineapples and sex workers and elephants all over the realm 

As long Thai drivers are not able to follow traffic rules self driving will never work in Thailand !!!

Archived