Where do you see Thailand in 10 years from now?

dennis123

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:42 PM, Brunolem said:

There are quite a few countries, such as Malaysia or Portugal for example, who are welcoming retirees and offering them incentives to settle.

Retirees offer multiple advantages, they bring money in the country, don't take the jobs of the locals but instead give them work, and are generally unlikely to cause trouble.

Maybe Thailand still has to figure this out...

I went to Penang for a visit, and to be frank, they'd have to pay ME to get me to retire in Malaysia.

Thailand is far superior in every aspect of life, unless a really rich dude.

I mean, have you seen what they do to the beaches there? Made me despair, when considering what the beaches in Penang were like in the 1970s.

I'm constantly astounded at the number of posters that think farangs married to poor Thai women actually make a difference to Thailand's economy. They could all disappear tomorrow, and official Thailand wouldn't even notice.

Also, people don't realise that it's no longer necessary to keep increasing population- AI and robotics/ androids will take over any necessary menial functions of society.

The things I regret about Thailand's evolution is that it has left so many behind. With the second rate education system, millions of Thais are being condemned to poverty. Also, corruption seems to be increasing, which is why, IMO, so many big projects fall far short of acceptable. The budget for Swampy was looted by you know who, which is why it is a 10th rate badly designed <deleted>, when it could have been as good as or better than Changi. Unfortunately, nothing seems to have changed since you know who was evicted. Sad.

Posts using or quoting posts using colored fonts have been removed.

Forum Netiquette

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes, colors or use unusually large emoticons.

It can be difficult to read.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I went to Penang for a visit, and to be frank, they'd have to pay ME to get me to retire in Malaysia.

Thailand is far superior in every aspect of life, unless a really rich dude.

I mean, have you seen what they do to the beaches there? Made me despair, when considering what the beaches in Penang were like in the 1970s.

Penang is certainly not a place to stay... I have been to Langkawi a few times, which is much better.

If I had to live in Malaysia, I would chose a place not too far from Singapore, so that I could also enjoy the latter city from time to time, while not having to deal with the cost of living there.

I reckon that it will be a thriving democratic.pluralistic state with plenty of argy bargy,give and take and the untramelled promotion of limitlessly talented people.

Thailand 4,0 will be left behind in the dust,,to be replaced by Thailand 9.1 and even Bill Gates and his microsoft minions will be envious.

The big rock candy mountain

11 minutes ago, Jdiddy said:

Same as any other country really, more bad health, more debt slavery, more stress, more materialism, more unhappiness, more obesity

What countries you refer to? 

Where I come from, we have choices, freedom if you choose not to jump on the train, and do what everyone else do, who is getting more stressed, higher depts, and so on! It is up to you! My country have given me so much of possibilities, and thats why I am now more or less placed in Thailand most of the year. 

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, Brunolem said:

Penang is certainly not a place to stay... I have been to Langkawi a few times, which is much better.

If I had to live in Malaysia, I would chose a place not too far from Singapore, so that I could also enjoy the latter city from time to time, while not having to deal with the cost of living there.

I was going to go to Langkawi, but was put off by them having no public transport, except taxis. I was speaking to someone that lives there, and he had no reason to lie to me. 

Archived