Blood test clears Brit expat of drunk driving in horrific accident

webfact

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, peterb17 said:

Perhaps a bit more respect to the human being who was ripped to pieces by the idiot in his flash Merc. 

So suddenly hes a flash merc idiot  driver, who would have guessed you can deduct all that from the article incredible , cant have respect for anyone collecting rubbish for ANY reason on a main road in the dark unless in an official capacity with warning lights and signs  well ahead of said  collecting.

2 hours ago, Trevor Collins said:

Have they tested the rubbish collector for drugs/alcohol? Maybe he stepped into the path of the vehicle?

Doesnt  matter if he was  "poor" as that excuse over rides  all in Thailand, I often replace poor  with stupid in many cases, like when a  "poor  "  motorbike  hit me once, always the  "poor " card gets played  usually after the lies about the damage already being there as  was  in my case some years back.

5 hours ago, Cranky said:

LUNACY?  Really?  Some guy so poor he has to resort to collecting rubbish in the dead of night to make a few baht run over and killed by a guy doing god knows what speed in a 6 million baht motor. Now that is lunacy.

ok in a honda brio or maybe on a motorsy?

25 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

unless you are born into their circumstances and have no other option

Drag yourself up by the feet, anyone can do it but it takes effort and time, most people dont put in the effort.

6 hours ago, Trevor Collins said:

Have they tested the rubbish collector for drugs/alcohol? Maybe he stepped into the path of the vehicle?

The rumers says he was not in the condition to blow the alcometer....

RIP

14 hours ago, peterb17 said:

Not always 

I belong to a group of people who have raised a huge amount of money and have changed the lives of tens of thousands in the Kingdom and in Laos . Through individual generousity and fund raising . 

You are correct there are many here who really don’t care much - to make a fast buck and exploit the local population- especially the women.

So there are people here who care about the desperately poor recyclers and help. 

Most of the original guys are either too old or too experienced to care about the women any more.

8 hours ago, ttrd said:

RIP

There's no place for rumours on TV.lets stick to the facts reported please.one fact I do know is he forgot to take one of these for the job.now that he has shown no alcahol or drugs in his system and the fact this man was in the road working in the night plus stopping within 40metres of impact I would put this down to an accident that was waiting to happen.we should forget the car,forget the financial position of the dead person and focus on the facts.

IMG_2567.PNG

14 minutes ago, happy chappie said:
8 hours ago, ttrd said:

RIP

There's no place for rumours on TV.lets stick to the facts reported please.one fact I do know is he forgot to take one of these for the job.now that he has shown no alcahol or drugs in his system and the fact this man was in the road working in the night plus stopping within 40metres of impact I would put this down to an accident that was waiting to happen.we should forget the car,forget the financial position of the dead person and focus on the facts.

IMG_2567.PNG

I think the 'understatement' that it was 'rumor' in this case can be taken as 'fact' that he [the deceased] was in no condition to blow into an 'alcometer / breathalyzer'......

And... there is plenty of place for rumors on TV.com... its a discussion forum with responses, opinions, feedback.... it not a News website... if you want facts to get in the way of a good story read a reputable news source which does not allow for comment or discussion. 

10 hours ago, davidst01 said:

says you born into a rich nanny state. Heartless farang

Have never  used the nanny state you refer to, never claimed any benefit of any kind, heartless ranks right up there with "poor" why not go the whole Thai Hog and say "Blackheart"

35 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

And... there is plenty of place for rumors on TV.com... its a discussion forum with responses, opinions, feedback.... it not a News website... if you want facts to get in the way of a good story read a reputable news source which does not allow for comment or discussion. 

reputable news source ? 5555++++

As if they really exist !!!

Journalists are just biatches copying each other and not checking any information. No respect for all these liars and governments suxxers.

5 minutes ago, mrfaroukh said:

I hope he get what he deserve a very long prison in monkey house.

Why does he deserve a very long prison sentence (in the monkey house)?

Do you drive? if someone was in the middle of the road in the pitch black of night and you hit them with your car would you also deserve a very long prison sentence for someone else carelessness?

13 hours ago, happy chappie said:

IMG_2567.PNG

My bad - the formulation rumors is actual facts.

More facts: 04:45 am in the dark and on a way that contain recyclable litter we can agree that the accident didnt happen on the highway...

READ - The man, who was known to locals for collecting recyclable litter from the side of the road but who police have still yet to identify, was dismembered by the force of the impact. Parts of his body were left strewn across the road.

Mercer remains charged with reckless driving causing death, Capt Warawud confirmed.

“That charge remains. He was charged on the Monday (Oct 15)," he noted.

Capt Warawud declined to reveal any more information about the investigation, including whether police have any idea how fast the Mercedes was travelling at the time of the impact, only saying, “I don’t know” or “I don’t know that yet”.

So with other words, with or without drugs or alcohol involved the driver seems to have been far over the speed limit in the middle of the night when the visibility is reduced so reckless driving seems to come to its right from the information we have available today.

All I can say in this case is money talks.

This guy was driving at 4.45 AM and was known by the locals to drink heavily .   And not the first time he is involved in accidents. 

There are Triggers that launch a certain type of poster off here. Benz, BMW, Rolex, Apple I phones, Business Class,liking Singapore in fact anything over the price of a Fan Room, or a Cheese Toastie from 7/11. Not just the youngsters, even some sad retired envious Crumblies my age cant help a bash.

19 hours ago, happy chappie said:

IMG_2567.PNG

He didn't stop within 40 metres, that was a guess by some character in the service station over the road.

In the other thread I posted an accident scene pic which clearly showed the Merc parked on the side of the road considerably further away than that from some body parts on the road.

You gave a "like" to this post, why are you now reverting to the incorrect guess? 

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

He didn't stop within 40 metres, that was a guess by some character in the service station over the road.

In the other thread I posted an accident scene pic which clearly showed the Merc parked on the side of the road considerably further away than that from some body parts on the road.

You gave a "like" to this post, why are you now reverting to the incorrect guess? 

Maybe after the impact the guy had left the car in the road and it was moved.dont forget he had injuries to his eyes from the glass and had to get hospital treatment in most car accidents the cars stay put at the scene unless they do a runner.he not being charged with drugs or drink and he's not being charged for speeding.lots of members are going on about brown envelopes because he drives a Mercedes but he's still being charged with reckless driving and causing death.i think if the police could of thrown the book at him they would of or if he had used brown envelopes he would be off the hook.it would of cleared things up a bit more if it was reported where he was heading as he lives in phuket but has business in krabi therefore he might of set out early for work and missing the traffic.

Archived