Blood test clears Brit expat of drunk driving in horrific accident

webfact

8 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Maybe after the impact the guy had left the car in the road and it was moved.dont forget he had injuries to his eyes from the glass and had to get hospital treatment in most car accidents the cars stay put at the scene unless they do a runner.he not being charged with drugs or drink and he's not being charged for speeding.lots of members are going on about brown envelopes because he drives a Mercedes but he's still being charged with reckless driving and causing death.i think if the police could of thrown the book at him they would of or if he had used brown envelopes he would be off the hook.it would of cleared things up a bit more if it was reported where he was heading as he lives in phuket but has business in krabi therefore he might of set out early for work and missing the traffic.

The poor Old Crocks got Island Fever hes been there that long. Its fun to Klic the Avatar and read his old posts.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

The poor Old Crocks got Island Fever hes been there that long. Its fun to Klic the Avatar and read his old posts.

I've worked in a old people's home and can understand things get a bit difficult and confusing at his age.????

Whenever there is an accident the 'automatic charge' is 'Reckless Driving Causing Death'...  the driver of the car will automatically be arrested - this is policy and not an indication of guilt. 

Look at any accident involving a death and the result is the same... the initial charge is always 'Reckless Driving Causing Death' for which a nominal bail is set (usually <200,00 baht). This is why our 1st Class insurance has a 200,000 baht bail bond. 

The charge is no indication of guilt, its merely due process. 

------

Regarding cause / blame - the Merc's windshield was impacted on its right hand side - I suspect this may be enough to suggest the deceased was not at the side of the road as a Witness suggested, eye witnesses are notoriously unreliable. The physically evidence (point of impact) suggests that either the Merc had left the road, or the deceased was in the middle of the road. 

That the Merc had stopped 40m from impact would imply that he was not speeding - Stopping distance charges imply 55kmh (for 40m)... a Merc may stop more quickly...  stopping distance charts also indicate a 69m stopping distance at 80kmh. 

This is not to imply guilt or innocence - but there are some extremely bias comments on here which have not evaluated the facts with any degree of balance and want to see a driver hung just because it appears he may more wealthy than those imparting their negative bias.

7 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Maybe after the impact the guy had left the car in the road and it was moved.dont forget he had injuries to his eyes from the glass and had to get hospital treatment in most car accidents the cars stay put at the scene unless they do a runner.he not being charged with drugs or drink and he's not being charged for speeding.lots of members are going on about brown envelopes because he drives a Mercedes but he's still being charged with reckless driving and causing death.i think if the police could of thrown the book at him they would of or if he had used brown envelopes he would be off the hook.it would of cleared things up a bit more if it was reported where he was heading as he lives in phuket but has business in krabi therefore he might of set out early for work and missing the traffic.

So you've gone from this comment - "There's no place for rumours on TV.lets stick to the facts reported please"  to the set of suppositions above!

And then, with encouragement from some nonentity Palooka, who seems to only make bad guesses, and mostly just insults other posters, you came up with some rubbish about seeing me when you worked in an old folks homes. I thought you said you were a brickie for 35 years, you're probably older than I am.

14 hours ago, Old Croc said:

So you've gone from this comment - "There's no place for rumours on TV.lets stick to the facts reported please"  to the set of suppositions above!

And then, with encouragement from some nonentity Palooka, who seems to only make bad guesses, and mostly just insults other posters, you came up with some rubbish about seeing me when you worked in an old folks homes. I thought you said you were a brickie for 35 years, you're probably older than I am.

Lighten up old croc,we were only having a joke about you being old.yes. I am a brickie and go back each year for the better months.back to the op.he done a good job I think of parking up beside the road supposedly pissed out of his brains with glass in his eyes and someone splattered all over his windscreen.the big question is how come he's been done for reckless driving causing death but not speeding or drink driving? 

7 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Lighten up old croc,we were only having a joke about you being old.yes. I am a brickie and go back each year for the better months.back to the op.he done a good job I think of parking up beside the road supposedly pissed out of his brains with glass in his eyes and someone splattered all over his windscreen.the big question is how come he's been done for reckless driving causing death but not speeding or drink driving? 

Some jokes from some people aren't that funny. Your new mate is a case in point.

I'm not on the side of the merc driver. I have my strong personal thoughts on his level of speed and sobriety, although circumstances seem to have ruled out the latter.

Regarding charges, it seems to be automatic here to initially lay the reckless driving causing death charge in such a case. Things are often later modified. Why, how, or how much, seems to dictate the final outcome.

I believe there was a coming together of two people who shouldn't have been there at the time doing what they were doing. There was one massive loser. 

Capt Warawud Sansop of the Thalang Police, told The Phuket News today (Nov 5) that he has now received the hospital report on drug and alcohol tests on Mr Mercer’s blood.

Why did it take almost a month to get this report?

26 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Some jokes from some people aren't that funny. Your new mate is a case in point.

I'm not on the side of the merc driver. I have my strong personal thoughts on his level of speed and sobriety, although circumstances seem to have ruled out the latter.

Regarding charges, it seems to be automatic here to initially lay the reckless driving causing death charge in such a case. Things are often later modified. Why, how, or how much, seems to dictate the final outcome.

I believe there was a coming together of two people who shouldn't have been there at the time doing what they were doing. There was one massive loser. 

Two people coming together and shouldn't of been there doing what they were doing? How about one man was an accident waiting to happen.im not for or against the driver and I don't like to blame the victim but I look at the fact the man was working in the road in the early hours of the morning on a dual lane road which in Any normal country would of been breaking all the rules of health and safety at work on a hi way.it was a freak accident that the man was decapitated and we read most months of accidents where heads and limbs are lost on these treacherous roads.the driver seems to be condemned by some posters because he was a Brit driving a Mercedes and of rumours.in all honesty I think the driver not proven to of been speeding or drinking would walk away without charges in the uk.

Archived