Italian man arrested with ganja and ammunition on Koh Lipe

webfact

Italian man arrested with ganja and ammunition on Koh Lipe

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Immigration and local police arrested a 43 year old Italian national who was found with ganja and ammunition on the southern Thai holiday destination of Koh Lipe.

The police raid started at the "Moo Ban Chao Lay - Reggae Bar" where they found Allessandro Medri. In his bag was 144.5 grams of marijuana. 

Back at his place of residence on the Daya estate the cops found a further 210.7 grams of the drug stored at a regulated temperature.

In a drawer in a clear plastic bag were 8 22 mm bullets and 6 32 mm bullets. 

Medri told investigators that he got the drugs from a Thai for personal use and a friend gave him the bullets three years ago. 

He has been charged with possession of Class 5 drugs and illegal possession of ammunition. 

Sanook said in their headline that the suspect was "From the Land of Macaroni".

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-05

That’s nearly a pound of weed. If he’s on vacation, who brings a pound of weed to an island and how? If he’s living on the island, who brings 144g to a bar? Lol

Reggae bar is the wrong place to be hanging out, mate.

*edit, I’m all for weed, btw

6 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Illegal drugs.....with illegaly detained ammo.

The perfect type of quality farang that Thailand needs and who will enhance trust,  towards all foreigners in the kingdom.

Dunno.

Prefer a stoned Italian in a reggae bar in the middle of nowhere with a big bag of weed to a bus load of frenetic disrespectful mainland Chinese invading and taking over a complete neighborhood...

1 hour ago, lust said:

That’s nearly a pound of weed. If he’s on vacation, who brings a pound of weed to an island and how? If he’s living on the island, who brings 144g to a bar? Lol

Reggae bar is the wrong place to be hanging out, mate.

*edit, I’m all for weed, btw

Far away from a pound of weed.  454 grams in a pound. Not even a half pound.  About 5 ounces, a little  more than 1/4 pound. 

11 minutes ago, how241 said:

Far away from a pound of weed.  454 grams in a pound. Not even a half pound.  About 5 ounces, a little  more than 1/4 pound. 

Did you read past the first sentence of the op? 144.5 +210.7 is 355.2 grams certainly well more than a quarter pound. 

In fact it's 3/4 of a pound and change. 

But yes he only took out 144 grams to the pub. 

What an asshat. 

I wouldn't set foot in a reggae bar these days, it's begging for trouble. 

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

Did you read past the first sentence of the op? 144.5 +210.7 is 355.2 grams certainly well more than a quarter pound. 

In fact it's 3/4 of a pound and change. 

But yes he only took out 144 grams to the pub. 

What an asshat. 

I wouldn't set foot in a reggae bar these days, it's begging for trouble. 

Your 100%  correct.  My mistake. 

1 hour ago, rebo said:

22 and 32 mm bullets?
Probably made from bullshit ...

Those sizes are for a very big gun.   One that hasn't been invented yet.   I think the "bullets"  or cartridges as they most likely are, probably were called 22 & 32 within the hearing of the reporter who did mot know how to write them down,   Those sizes are almost certainly decimals of an inch, not whole millimetres.  There are 25.4 millimetres in an inch.  Describing cartridges or bullets [not the same thing] by diameter is pointless unless more information such as .22LR or .32A.C.P. is given. 

A .22" bullet is roughly 5.56mm  and  a .32" bullet is roughly 7.65mm.

Ammunition is useless with out a gun well sort of. 

As for the weed, in a way it would make sense to buy in bulk to save you having to hang around dealers every few days

personally for me drugs in Thailand are a big NO but if you get done then you get done. We already know it’s not a good place to get caught 

but it probably not as bad as Malaysia 

2 hours ago, how241 said:

I'ts 144 plus 210 that they also found in his pad. That's 354 grams so yeah close enough being "close to a pound." 

Quallity journalism:  "22 mm" & "32 mm" ammo ????

Anti-tank rifle? Anti-aircraft? Granade launcher? ????????????????????

Or did they mean "cal .22" (22 lfr?)& "cal .32" (7,65 acp?) - or as in another comment stated: 5,56 (Nato) & 7,62×39(AK?)?

Whatever, ensures him a pretty nice sentence.

TIT

Archived