2010 Honda Click 115i 37,000km 15,000 baht...... deal or no deal?

Howdy, new here and haven't got a clue about used bike prices. Just want something cheap for the next 4 months. I'll leave it with the girlfriend when I go back to the states. She can ride it or sell it. Don't care. Can rent it for 3,000/month if anyone thinks that's the better way to go?

Supposedly in "great running condition" and has "the green book and everything ready for transfer."

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

That model was discontinued 5-6 years ago.

One of the last Honda's you can wind the clock back.

It's not a bad deal assuming the odometer is true. The OP would need to test drive it and look for rattles and brake squeals.

My Yamaha TTX is one of my better deals here. Still only 16K on the odometer, bought it for 23K baht with only 8K on the odometer. Runs like a Swiss watch. 2012 model.

IMHO Yamahas are just as good as Hondas. It's only Thai public opinion that makes the Honda more popular.

7 minutes ago, shootrrdave said:

Hmm... sorry. Not sure what you mean by "wind the clock back".

Just want someone to tell me if 15k is a fair price on a 2010 Click. 

He means the 37,000 km reading on the odometer may have been 80,000 km ( for example ) before a mechanic adjusted it back to 37,000.

If it was 80,000, it wouldn't be worth any more than 5K baht, because it would be clapped out.

As I said before, test drive and see what you think. I would never buy anything with wheels before i had taken it for a test drive.

"Clock" is a synonym for odometer.

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I would say thats a little high, closer to 12k if its legit, if its "unknown" and may have been changed, 5-7 k

Nothing to stop the OP from making an offer. I knocked 3000 baht off mine by waving  cash.

If it doesn't appear to have been in accidents and drives ok..(steers straight).. probably not a bad deal to buy. Repairs are cheap if it needs attention to breaks.. tires.. change oil.. possibly new chain.. that would put it in good condition.   I bought a used Honda 100 for my gf about 11 years ago.. similar situation.  It had 17,000 ks on it.. I paid 18 for it.  We are still together.. she still rides it.. it has over 85,000 on it now and still runs well.. all I've ever done to it is keep it serviced.. 

A Thai friend just bought a new Honda 115 for the ticket price of 40,000. I know nothing about bikes but I presume this to be the successor model or the same thing 6 years later. It has a big headlamp and looks more like a scooter/Vespa than a Honda Wave (which to my UK mind is a moped).

Eddy

Dont buy,you are new here and to be honest there are so many tricks here its unreal.do yourself a favour rent from a good shop theres plenty about.Bikes can be fixed up here to look new in hours,you risk your life for a matter of maybe 500 baht between buy or hire for that amount of time.Save your life rent as near new as possible or just use the taxi,its safer.

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's not a bad deal assuming the odometer is true. The OP would need to test drive it and look for rattles and brake squeals.

My Yamaha TTX is one of my better deals here. Still only 16K on the odometer, bought it for 23K baht with only 8K on the odometer. Runs like a Swiss watch. 2012 model.

IMHO Yamahas are just as good as Hondas. It's only Thai public opinion that makes the Honda more popular.

IMHO Yamahas are just as good as Hondas. OK, but watch the fuel consumption of the Finos.

You really have to take it for a test ride. Ride a new one first so you have a comparative feel. If the tires, shocks, feel solid, and it runs true it should be fine. You may need to have the bike licensed and insured as well. If it's current insurance/ license expires after you leave you will save a couple thousand baht as well. I don't like renting personally. Too many scratch/damage scams. 

10 minutes ago, shootrrdave said:

Thank you everyone for your comments. I will likely look at the bike on Saturday. If I like it I will try to negotiate down to 12,000.

Good idea, as said test ride it, check tyres brakes etc, rattles and squeaks? 15k is about right asking price, so if you are happy (after checking Green book to ensure is correct) then go in at 10K cash see what they say, if you can deal around 12-13 you done good.

If looked after these bikes will run forever. If you buy change all fluids and check brakes pads/shoes give a full service for piece of mind.

I disagree with some other posters, Honda overall make the best bikes in the world period (not just Thailand) based on reliability and build quality. Look at bikes say five years old, hondas will always look in better condition, finish is superior

I bought a 2010 click with 18,000 km for just 15k - in 2013.  I've kept it well maintained but wouldn't expect to get much more than 5-7k now with 45k on the clock, if I sold it.

But it still runs well so better to keep it... 

I'd suggest 15k bt for a similar model now is MUCH TOO MUCH.

Ha ha, went for a walk. Saw this bike for sale at a repair shop. 2012 Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135.  63,000km. 16,000 baht asking price. Rides ok. Needs tires. If he'll take 14,000 after putting on new tires I think I'll buy it. The other bike is a 35km bus ride from me. This is much more convenient.

20181106_152354.jpg

23 hours ago, shootrrdave said:

Hmm... sorry. Not sure what you mean by "wind the clock back".

Just want someone to tell me if 15k is a fair price on a 2010 Click. 

Yes,  that is a fair-average price. Take it to the Honda shop and ask them to look it over.

6 hours ago, possum1931 said:

IMHO Yamahas are just as good as Hondas. OK, but watch the fuel consumption of the Finos.

She just sold a fino for 11k, 2011' 38,000ks', to a guy who fixes them up and onsells, wouldn't think there would be a big margin in his line of work.

I have a 2013 Click 125, bought from new. Now done 23,000 km and still rides good. It was 50k new and worth about 20k now. 

It's nowhere near as good as a proper Vespa, but if your on a budget then a Click is a good buy at 12-15k.

5 hours ago, Agusts said:

The Yamaha 135cc Nouvo is a much better bike for that price,  high mileage not an issue if you test drive and engine sounds good and CVT clutch pulls okay... 

Yes, I purchased the Yamaha. Thank you everyone for your comments.

20181109_140806.jpg

Archived