In terms of phone + 4G signal, is AIS, DTAC or TRUE best?

punchandjudy

I am on AIS.

I have a monthly package which gives me unlimited internet but it slows down after I have reached a certain download limit, which I understand.

The annoying thing is:

1. Once every few days the 4G will suddenly cut off for around 10-15 seconds for no reason. (Can't the engineers make the signal more reliable?)

2. Normally the 4G symbol is at the top of my phone. However I have recently noticed that almost every time without fail, the 4G will change to H or H+ about 1 second after I start to make an outgoing LINE voice call.

So ... What are your experiences? Which phone network gives you the best signal reliably?

Change your package to one that does not slow down. They are prevalent.

Example with AIS; 481.50 baht for 30 days of unlimited data at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) *777*7155# then press the dial button.

6 Mbps(0.75 MB/s) & 10 Mbps(1.25 MB/s) available.

It depends on your location.

I had the same problem.

What I did was used an app that gauge the signal from the towers around my house. I simply picked the best which was in my case AIS. In a previous house 600m away, DTAC was the best.

you can also gauge a good signal from your existing phone by going into cellular and uncheck automatic: wait a minute or so and the first signal that pops out is the strongest.

i hope that helps.

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

Example with AIS; 481.50 baht for 30 days of unlimited data at 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) *777*7155# then press the dial button.

Yes this is the best package for me too. True is bad, Dtac I've heard is bad too. Been using this one for a year and so not planning to move. Just pay for your own calls on top of that.

Just now, prettyawsm said:

Yes this is the best package for me too. True is bad, Dtac I've heard is bad too. Been using this one for a year and so not planning to move. Just pay for your own calls on top of that.

Why would you spoil your post by including such nonsense?

All the networks have positives and negatives and bandwidth is often location dependent.

Sometimes DTAC is best, sometimes AIS, sometimes Truemove H.

So you have to look at each request on a case by case basis.

I have SIMs from each network in different devices.

Wife has 3 DTAC and I have 2 AIS.  She hates AIS.  Funny story but personal not business reasons.  I think they are all humorous if you have the time to mess with them and I do.  I forward the calls from my AIS prepaid to my AIS post paid which has two sims so I can switch between a tablet and Galaxy Note4. 

1 hour ago, kevin612 said:

I have tried ais and dtac, I prefer ais.

In one location, the DTAC performance far outstrips AIS and True. In another, AIS outstrips both True and DTAC.

One has to determine which is best in a particular location.

AIS. Can get steady 4 or 6 down unlimited 6 months or 12 months for peanuts. Sign up and keep track via Eservice.ais.co.th 

Even 4 down plenty to stream and in years not 1 interruption. Used to go for unlimited 30 down. Totally not needed and I am spoiled with my 300 down Fiber at home. Also totally not needed. Steady and quality much more important than speed. Enjoy. MS>

7 hours ago, moonseeker said:

AIS. Can get steady 4 or 6 down unlimited 6 months or 12 months for peanuts. Sign up and keep track via Eservice.ais.co.th 

Even 4 down plenty to stream and in years not 1 interruption. Used to go for unlimited 30 down. Totally not needed and I am spoiled with my 300 down Fiber at home. Also totally not needed. Steady and quality much more important than speed. Enjoy. MS>

Even cheaper with Truemove H. Once again, test speeds at your location before committing.

eService no longer works. It is now; https://myais.ais.co.th/login

18 hours ago, JamJar said:

Is that prepaid or or a monthly plan?

Archived