Live band performance in BKK?

Paroma

Hi all,

Climax & Bangkok beat had very good atmosphere and with good live band performance as well.

After they closed down where is the best live band place today and, almost the same as Bangkok beat and Climax level.

Thanks

Paroma

Around Sukhumvit, Asoke areas....

Hillary2 bar on Soi4 is where to go if you are looking for the old Climax bands.

Checkinn99 at the top of Soi33 now has good different bands across various styles/tastes (not the old Filipino band that used to play every night) five or six nights a week now.

Titanium club at the top of Soi22 has a very good girl band and a pretty good man band with a female singer 6/7 nights a week.

Spasso in the basement of Grand Hyatt Erawan has a very good house band 6 or 7 nights a week. Free to get in but drinks are not cheap. Smart dress required.

Huntsman bar in basement of Landmark Hotel has a very good Filipino band 6 or 7 nights a week.

Freelancers working at the Huntsman bar?  

To the original poster, you should check out two places in Soi Cowboy and right across from each other.

1.   Country Roads: newly renovated, pretty good band.

2.   Corner Bar: I personally prefer this place.   Louder and wilder.   Lots of chicks eager to drink your baht away!

(PS: I sorely miss Bangkok Beat; great place; so many good memories.)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:23 AM, 7of9rocks said:

Freelancers working at the Huntsman bar?  

To the original poster, you should check out two places in Soi Cowboy and right across from each other.

1.   Country Roads: newly renovated, pretty good band.

2.   Corner Bar: I personally prefer this place.   Louder and wilder.   Lots of chicks eager to drink your baht away!

(PS: I sorely miss Bangkok Beat; great place; so many good memories.)

Yes last time I was at Huntsman there were freelancers there, about two months ago. Not loads and not as blatant/obvious as at other places.

I didn't used to like Country Road on Cowboy and preferred the bands and atmosphere at Corner bar across the soi but since the refurb I think Country Road has improved massively and prefer it now. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2018 at 8:43 AM, Shaksey said:

Yes last time I was at Huntsman there were freelancers there, about two months ago. Not loads and not as blatant/obvious as at other places.

I didn't used to like Country Road on Cowboy and preferred the bands and atmosphere at Corner bar across the soi but since the refurb I think Country Road has improved massively and prefer it now. 

Sorry for the late reply.     Yes, after the redesign, Country Roads is a lot more palatable.    I still prefer the song selection at the Corner Bar but the band at CR isn't bad.    Both place have chicks working, of course, which makes drinking and listening to music that much more fun.

As we're fairly new to Bangkok, we just found CheckInn99. There last weekend, Cottonmouth was playing, Great Blues. There is a Guitarist from the states that joined in, very good! Don't know if he will play with the group again. Young band last night - good stuff.

• 1 month later...

Archived