Unable to pay for her lunch, Australian to be deported for overstaying visa

geovalin

Just now, observer90210 said:

Why should any ea trumpedmbassy, should it be here, there or elsewhere, have to play nanny and pay for it's irresponsable citizens who are jerks abroad ?

Such foreigners behaving stupidly abroad should plainly be let to face their responsabilities and face the local laws and punishment. 

One does not see why the taxpayers of any specific nation should have to pay for their nut cases abroad ? ? ? ?

A rather sweeping generalisation. Let's say you are in a Thai jail on a trumped-up charge, the purpose of which is to extract money. Substitute Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia or Myanmar if you like. Wouldn't you want your embassy helping you?

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You're kidding, right? Either that, or the bar of your expectations of female pulchritude is set about 2 cm off the ground.

Looks better to me than 95% of working girls Pattaya expats are paying every month.

I bet she is 1000% better in the sack too. 

Free lunch AND dinner.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

A rather sweeping generalisation. Let's say you are in a Thai jail on a trumped-up charge, the purpose of which is to extract money. Substitute Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia or Myanmar if you like. Wouldn't you want your embassy helping you?

I would not find myself in a situation of running up a bill of US$30,- with no money in my bra or me pocket....but to answer you, naturally if I have been scammed or kidnapped by corrupt cops for extorsion, yes I would be happy to have my embassy check me up....but I don't think that is the case of this fine young lady here ?

13 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Looks better to me than 95% of working girls Pattaya expats are paying every month.

Free lunch AND dinner.

Had to laugh at that ???? are you seeing a little goldie Hawn in her ? 

When I was robbed at gunpoint in Phnom Penh, the US embassy wouldn't accept a replacement passport application without the fee and a police report. Then I was able to apply for an exit visa.  The fee seemed to be determined by the official who had prepared the police report. He hadn't told me a price, and the next officer finally chose to charge me USD40. The only nice thing was that my passport and visa was sent to the hotel, where I had been a virtual prisoner for a week, surviving on herbal pizza and duty free booze.

I can't imagine being stuck with neither passport nor cash nor a third party to play the role of the cavalry.

In the case of the over the hill and over stayed Aussie, good luck. I've heard that women in a Turkish prison can prostitute themselves and reduce their sentences. Maybe Cambodia has a similar arrangement?

13 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Free lunch AND dinner.

Each to his own. I'm not sure how you can formulate a bet at such long odds. For all you know, she may be frigid as Edmonton.

I've had some very pleasant experiences with Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai bar girls. I don't know anything about Pattaya.

13 hours ago, observer90210 said:

I would not find myself in a situation of running up a bill of US$30,- with no money in my bra or me pocket....but to answer you, naturally if I have been scammed or kidnapped by corrupt cops for extorsion, yes I would be happy to have my embassy check me up....but I don't think that is the case of this fine young lady here ?

I agree; however, how is an embassy supposed to triage the genuine cases, borderlines and duds?

Archived