Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Dentist recommendations in Pattaya? (need implant & crown)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 4 implants done under local anaesthetic were totally painless, both before and after the event.   Thai dentists dont seem to like the idea of general anaesthesia much, probably due to the

Take 100 mg of Tramadol or a Xanax and a couple shots of Vodka. That plus the local, should do the trick.

Pattaya Dental Clinic. Dr. Akawit. Good English and 40 years experience. The best in town. 

Posted Images

Sorry, I know this doesn’t meet your Pattaya requirement, but may I suggest you consider Dr. Paweenwan, Sri Racha’s Phyathai Hospital dental centre (081-996-0875), if you don’t find adequate treatment here. She was tops, good communicator, great dentist, excellent results.

 

My wife got implants, but didn’t need a crown.

 

Do see this thread, lots on Pattaya crowns: 

I saw some implant ads there but don’t have an opinion.

 

 

Edited by NewGuy
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bungcheese said:

Didn't see any recent posts on dentists in Pattaya

Try doing a simple search for "dentist" and it will come up with half a dozen or so recent (last couple of months) threads..............:thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't see any recent posts on dentists in Pattaya, was hoping to find a recommendation for a good dentist that can do both implants and crowns. Thanks in advance for any insight.
Normally expensive Bangkok Pattaya hospital are rather Okey in price limits for dental works and have experient doctors. Ask for price before. That's for free[emoji16]

Skickat från min Mi A1 via Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, bungcheese said:

Didn't see any recent posts on dentists in Pattaya, was hoping to find a recommendation for a good dentist that can do both implants and crowns. Thanks in advance for any insight.

I had a crown at Jomtien Soi 5 Dental clinic, Jomtien soi 5, (almost opposite Jomtien Immigration) over 2 years ago now and it is fine. It cost about 6000 baht. There is a poster on the wall advertising implants so I am sure they do them.

 

Was pretty painless and I go for checkups here also.

 

tel: 038231158

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KittenKong said:

My 4 implants done under local anaesthetic were totally painless, both before and after the event.

 

Thai dentists dont seem to like the idea of general anaesthesia much, probably due to the risks involved and because you should only have specially trained professionals administer it.

How long does it take for an implant. I actually nearly freak out when he puts the putty in my mouth for an impression.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vogie said:

Can dentists put you to sleep for an implant, I have a bit of a phobia about dentists?

Take 100 mg of Tramadol or a Xanax and a couple shots of Vodka.

That plus the local, should do the trick.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr Warin always gets lots of recommendations in Pattaya. Personally I prefer to drive to Phyathai and see Dr Paweenwan who did all my implants.

 

Before seeing her I saw several dentists in Pattaya, none of whom could do my implants for various reasons. She had no trouble at all though. I suspect that many dentists in Pattaya are just doing easy implants as a side-line, and avoiding the more difficult cases, so I prefer to have a proper specialist do it. The cost there was similar and in some cases actually cheaper than the price quoted in Pattaya. Pattaya dentists do tend to advertise a price for implants but may "forget" to mention vital extras like panoramic Xrays etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vogie said:

How long does it take for an implant. I actually nearly freak out when he puts the putty in my mouth for an impression.

I understand. It's a psychological problem rather than a physical pain one. As mentioned, some sort of tranquilliser would probably solve the problem.

 

A proper implant requires 3 or 4 visits over a perhaps 3 months or so, all depending on the individual case. If you have an old tooth that needs removing first, add one visit and another few weeks to that for the wound to heal.

 

I dont think that the actual time spent in the chair at each visit ever exceeded 45 minutes for me, but everything was always pretty straightforward. Some visits are quicker as they only involve small adjustments.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Dr Warin always gets lots of recommendations in Pattaya. Personally I prefer to drive to Phyathai and see Dr Paweenwan who did all my implants.

 

Before seeing her I saw several dentists in Pattaya, none of whom could do my implants for various reasons. She had no trouble at all though. I suspect that many dentists in Pattaya are just doing easy implants as a side-line, and avoiding the more difficult cases, so I prefer to have a proper specialist do it. The cost there was similar and in some cases actually cheaper than the price quoted in Pattaya. Pattaya dentists do tend to advertise a price for implants but may "forget" to mention vital extras like panoramic Xrays etc.

The panoramic is pretty much included and not that expensive here.

It is the bone grafts or sinus augmentation for the implant process that adds cost.

They may not realize until during the procedure that a person does not have enough bone to support the implant, thus the graft. 

Anyway, the basic price these Dentists often advertise is usually higher as most of these procedures are not a basic simple priced implant.  Still, for me as opposed to the US it is about 1/3rd the cost here.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, vogie said:

Can dentists put you to sleep for an implant, I have a bit of a phobia about dentists?

Even back in your home country a general anaesthesia isn't usually something a normal suburban clinic does, it would be done in a hospital etc. Maybe one of the private hospital dental clinics would be a good place to start as they can probably put you to sleep etc..

I would also recommend the dentist in the immigration soi.

One thing to possibly avoid would be the dentists that specialise in cosmetic dentistry. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

The panoramic is pretty much included and not that expensive here.

It is the bone grafts or sinus augmentation for the implant process that adds cost.

They may not realize until during the procedure that a person does not have enough bone to support the implant, thus the graft.  

In my experience the small local clinics often omit the cost of the extras. Some dont even seem to have a panoramic Xray facility at all.

 

I needed a bone graft for one of my implants. Dr Paweenwan was aware of the probable need for this from the Xray before she started, and the extra cost was made clear. She did say that depending on what she found when actually doing the job, it might not even be needed.

 

Bottom line: I just like the idea of a highly experienced person doing my implants rather than some back-street dentist. Especially as the cost is similar.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Dr Warin always gets lots of recommendations in Pattaya. Personally I prefer to drive to Phyathai and see Dr Paweenwan who did all my implants.

 

 

I cannot comment on the ability/skills of Dr Paweenwan.....I can thoroughly recommend Dr Warin though who did 160,000 bahts work on my teeth 5 years ago 1 painless implant and 12 porcelain crowns :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I vote for Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. They've got the 3D CAT scanner and they are very clear about the total cost. They are also conservative in their methods; every caution is taken to ensure their success rate is maintained.  

 

I would recommend that you start with a visit to Dr. Yaiyarat. She will evaluate the situation and get the implant specialist involved. When the implant has settled, Dr. Yaiyarat will prepare and place the crown. 

 

The process will be done for a package price, paid in increments as it goes along. For me that was 5 visits over 6 months.

Edited by mahjongguy
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think with any of these people get a second opinion.

I had a pain problem recently this was in Chiang Mai.  The dentist told me I needed the tooth pulled and an implant.

Went to get a second opinion and he simply adjusted my bite.  A few days later pain free. That was a few months back.

Just sayin, not a Thailand issue but easy to be at the whim of Dentists when you are in pain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 11 months later...

Myself and a few friends use Dr Suskan at Hollywood Dental in Soi Lengkee in Pattaya. He's a good natured and funny fellow who puts you at ease.

 

Usual sort of prices. You can possibly do a deal with him if you are considering a number of implants.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had 7 implants in my front upper teeth done in the states.I personally would avoid at all costs going to Bangkok Pattaya hospital for the implants they did a front upper implant on a friends mouth that chipped in 2 & a half weeks & they told him to pony up more money for a new tooth No Guaranty whatsoever & they charged him a million baht. The U.S. was only $10,500 a tooth . The premium way to have them done is six months after they do the initial work the teeth are installed. Any quicker they do not last as long. You can read up on this I did before getting mine done & all the experts said 6 months to heal before they set the implant -s in. Bone graft is usually a good idea because your bone matter will recede over time & the last thing you want to do is cheap out on an expensive venture & have to start from scratch if it were to fail later.

I would recommend a dentist here but the ones that were good then may not be good now is why for major work I have my home country fix my teeth. At least I have a written

Guaranty when it is done & I know the dentist isn't going to be gone next year. They do tend to come & go in Pattaya.

Good luck on doing it without being put under . Mine was quite painful (cause I did 7 together) But you can get Valium from a clinic cheap 30 baht +the 100-150 for the doctor to see you to take the edge off the experience.

Wish I could give you a good referral but my dentist that I really liked changed once he got popular & charged more & got lazy. Alright for Xrays & a semi decent cleaning but I wouldn't use him for an implant.

Good luck & I would read up on your best plan of attack. Whatever you do don't choke & go for the 1 day miracle.You will have problems later. *If it needs a bone graft it takes time to heal, they cant just screw in the implant over a new graft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Beardog said:

I just had 7 implants in my front upper teeth done in the states.I personally would avoid at all costs going to Bangkok Pattaya hospital for the implants they did a front upper implant on a friends mouth that chipped in 2 & a half weeks & they told him to pony up more money for a new tooth No Guaranty whatsoever & they charged him a million baht. The U.S. was only $10,500 a tooth . The premium way to have them done is six months after they do the initial work the teeth are installed. Any quicker they do not last as long. You can read up on this I did before getting mine done & all the experts said 6 months to heal before they set the implant -s in. Bone graft is usually a good idea because your bone matter will recede over time & the last thing you want to do is cheap out on an expensive venture & have to start from scratch if it were to fail later.

I would recommend a dentist here but the ones that were good then may not be good now is why for major work I have my home country fix my teeth. At least I have a written

Guaranty when it is done & I know the dentist isn't going to be gone next year. They do tend to come & go in Pattaya.

Good luck on doing it without being put under . Mine was quite painful (cause I did 7 together) But you can get Valium from a clinic cheap 30 baht +the 100-150 for the doctor to see you to take the edge off the experience.

Wish I could give you a good referral but my dentist that I really liked changed once he got popular & charged more & got lazy. Alright for Xrays & a semi decent cleaning but I wouldn't use him for an implant.

Good luck & I would read up on your best plan of attack. Whatever you do don't choke & go for the 1 day miracle.You will have problems later. *If it needs a bone graft it takes time to heal, they cant just screw in the implant over a new graft.

 

Ms Suwangatte at Phyathai Sri Racha comes highly recommended and has all of the facilities of a hospital at hand. Certainly has been there for more than ten years. Not one of those roaming Implantologists.

You could have had your work done under General for perhaps around US$1320 per tooth plus the cost of Theatre.

Edited by JamJar
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JamJar said:

 

Bumping a thread after nearly a year? No information as to qualifications, equipment and prices? Not good.

Don't read it then.

 

What about qualifications and equipment in the post you've just made. Not good.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by yogi100
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Don't read it then.

 

What about qualifications and equipment in the post you've just made. Not good.

 

 

I made reference to qualifications and equipment with regard to mine and many other people's recommendation. Are you unable to read? Look again. They are there.

 

So what can you tell about the qualifications and equipment available with regards to your 'recommendation'? 

Bad enough that you bumped an eleven month old thread to post it. But worse that there is absolutely no information other than he is "good natured and funny".

Ridiculous.

Their advertising board states "Implants from 45,000 baht". Does he have a 3D scanner at his disposal? Is he an oral surgeon or a General dentist...or just "good natured and funny"?

 

3.png.5d2e6b702309baf0ebb4fc3ee7522fd4.png

 

 

 

 

I think I would prefer an oral surgeon and a hospital for when it comes to invasive surgery.

 

Edited by JamJar
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dental smile on 3 road always gets glowing reviews and lots of international patients. Not the cheapest but they seem to get it right. Dr Cherry is one who gets mentioned , good doctor and looks as good as cherry 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fhickson said:

would not be comfortable getting an implant in pattaya, a crown yes

 

id goto a nice place in bangkok for the implant

Why not, I think the hospital dental dept is a good standard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 3:10 AM, bkk6060 said:

I think with any of these people get a second opinion.

I had a pain problem recently this was in Chiang Mai.  The dentist told me I needed the tooth pulled and an implant.

Went to get a second opinion and he simply adjusted my bite.  A few days later pain free. That was a few months back.

Just sayin, not a Thailand issue but easy to be at the whim of Dentists when you are in pain.

i dont think you ever just need an implant unless the neighboring teeth are screwed (pun intended).

 

the tooth can be pulled and a bridge done. if your not given that option=likely scam. if you ask afterwards and they admit the option=likely scam.

 

wait until the dentist makes full recommendations, say nothing. then ask about alternatives, if they pony up with other options thats how you know they are trying to scam you.

Edited by fhickson
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...