are the police worth dealing with

phycokiller

I had a couple of breakins near the riverside, after the first I installed a camera and have video of the second. its not really clear as its just done with infrared light but the guy has some unique features and i now know who it is. Hes a career extortionist and thief that lives on the street. is it worth my while taking the video to the police or a waste of time?

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2018 at 11:37 AM, Sheryl said:

You can, but they'll want payment (the police).

any idea what the fee is? this evening I had to intervene when he boxed and kicked a female friend of mine at the riverside because she had no money to give him, he then told me he was going to kill me. plenty of witnesses, the guys a lose canon. 

9 minutes ago, madmen said:

Why do you guys choose to live around thais?
I live in a dense expat area and never have any trouble. All the condos have 1st class security and no thai men unless motorcye taxi

I do have a feeling that he isnt living around  Thais , he is most probably living around Cambodians 

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

Why do you guys choose to live around thais?
I live in a dense expat area and never have any trouble. All the condos have 1st class security and no thai men unless motorcye taxi

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

We chose to live around Thais because we want to live in Thailand, You seem to want to live Thailand lite

We chose to live around Thais because we want to live in Thailand, You seem to want to live Thailand lite

God yes. I have zip zero interest in thai men
I live exactly like I did in the West surrounding myself with my own people that I can relate to. I'm only here for the ladies and the climate.

Good luck with pretending to be a thai. They can see straight through you. And see you only as a cash [emoji202] cow. As this thread shows it will lead to danger
Enjoy!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, phycokiller said:

any idea what the fee is? this evening I had to intervene when he boxed and kicked a female friend of mine at the riverside because she had no money to give him, he then told me he was going to kill me. plenty of witnesses, the guys a lose canon. 

if you live in a private house you can have a red box

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor

it only costs as about $25 a month it is less if you are closer to the police station.

A cop stops over a few times a week and signs in, When ever I am there when they come, I invite them in for a cold soda and a pleasant chat with the wife's help , All very nice people. Every so often we contribute to police functions (small money) . Trust me when I tell you, no one will ever bother you at your street. Plus we now got to know most of the cops in our area and they know as, Let me just say that many problems go away that way.

PS: I just noticed that the thread is in the Cambodia section, and my response does not apply to you, unless they have a similar program in Cambodia. But I will leave this response for anyone else who might have a similar problem in Thailand. 

11 hours ago, sirineou said:

This is the Cambodia sub forum. OP is living in Phnom Penh.

OP you can certainly try making a complaint to the police but odds are they are well aware of him and he is paying them off.

If you can afford it/are willing, a payment to police to ensure no future issues with this guy might work.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, Sheryl said:

This is the Cambodia sub forum. OP is living in Phnom Penh.

OP you can certainly try making a complaint to the police but odds are they are well aware of him and he is paying them off.

If you can afford it/are willing, a payment to police to ensure no future issues with this guy might work.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

the guy wont be paying off police. he sleeps in the street and all his income comes from burglaries and forcing vulnerable people to give him money, which wouldnt be much. I very much doubt many people are aware of what hes doing. he plays the cool guy around tourists etc, altho due to his arrogance he had no qualms about beating a woman in public. hes tried in the past to be friends with me but I told him thats not going to happen. hes basically a bully.

also, in reply to the Thai expats, I lived in Pattaya for a long time. the thugs on the beach there are worse. You dont really notice them but theres some nasty ones there. One of them murdered a tourist one night on the beach, but the police wrote it off as a drunk tourist falling in the ocean.

24 minutes ago, KhunProletariat said:

All police officers worldwide are incompetent, corrupt and surplus to requirements. I have never called them to help me and never will, even if I am the victim of a serious assault/burglary/whatever else - the cops would be the last people I would call.

KP.

All of them?

even this guy?:shock1:

Related image

How about firemen, are they OK?

Archived