Hua Hin retirement renewal this week - report

On 11/7/2018 at 11:03 AM, john smith said:

I went to Hua Hin main immigration office yesterday. The Immigration officer spoke excellent English. He said that my Embassy letter would be accepted for renewal of my non marriage  retirement visa which is due in three months time. For renewal the following year I must show 800,000 in the bank for three months before renewal. He went on to say that both the combination method and regular transfers of 65,000 are not accepted.

He then mentioned that this applied to the UK America and Australia. I did not ask what the position was for other nationalities 

so 90K THB transferred into my bangkok bank account is not sufficient?  I have my 90 day parole check coming and will inquire with the Jomtien IMO....

Edited by ToS2014

• 2 months later...
On 11/8/2018 at 9:33 AM, sandyf said:

Quite, I changed from marriage to retirement and see little reason now not to go back.

Purely out of curiosity, and tell me to mind my own business if you like, but why did you change from Marriage to Retirement?

Anybody had any updates on the latest scenarios since the beginning of the new year?

3 hours ago, Tofer said:

Purely out of curiosity, and tell me to mind my own business if you like, but why did you change from Marriage to Retirement?

Anybody had any updates on the latest scenarios since the beginning of the new year?

When I went back to renew the marriage extension they said the rules had changed and that because we had no children we would need to bring witnesses again and have a home visit. I asked if I could change to retirement and she said no problem, passed the docs over to the retirement desk and I walked out about an hour later all done and dusted.

That was before the referendum when my pension covered a retirement extension, would be a problem now.

• Thanks 1