O visa Penang

Hello, can someone link me to the 1 year O Visa requirements for Penang,  (or Savannakhet or anywhere in S.E.A), or state them here. 

I have never attempted a 1 year O Visa before. 

Not married but living with Thai partner and child. 

Maybe we can get the tabien ban from partners mums house but we can show our rental contract in Bangkok, my name as Dad on child's birth certificate. 

How much cash do I need to prove I have in a Thai bank account. 

Only Penang will issue a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai.

You need to show at least 400k baht in a bank.

You will need your child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their registry in a tambien ban.

No need for proof of where you are living.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Only Penang will issue a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai.

You need to show at least 400k baht in a bank.

You will need your child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their registry in a tambien ban.

No need for proof of where you are living.

Okay, so 'multiple entry non-O', you mean 1 year? 

Only a photocopy of the tabein ban with child's name is sufficient, not the original? 

Thanks Joe. 

5 minutes ago, clearmirror said:

Only a photocopy of the tabein ban with child's name is sufficient, not the original? 

Thanks Joe. 

Wih the 1 year multi you need to leave and return every 90 days.

If your multi says use by enter by eg 1st Dec 2019 you can leave and return on 30th Nov 2019 and get another 90 days making 15 months. That can be extended by another 60 days at your local Imm' office for 1900 baht so your one year can last almost 17 months.

If fact any one of your 90 day entries can be extended for 60 days as above if it suits.

Bear in mind if you leave and return during the 12 to 15 month period you will need a re-entry permit to keep that 90 days alive.

13 minutes ago, clearmirror said:

The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for one year from the date of issue.

Only a copy of page 1 and the page your child is shown on in the tamien ban.

37 minutes ago, overherebc said:

If your multi says use by enter by eg 1st Dec 2019 you can leave and return on 30th Nov 2019 and get another 90 days making 15 months. That can be extended by another 60 days at your local Imm' office for 1900 baht so your one year can last almost 17 months.

If fact any one of your 90 day entries can be extended for 60 days as above if it suits.

Bear in mind if you leave and return during the 12 to 15 month period you will need a re-entry permit to keep that 90 days alive.

A little complicated to understand but I will work it out. 

14 minutes ago, clearmirror said:

A little complicated to understand but I will work it out. 

Easy time table.

Issued 1/1/2019. expires 31/12/2019.

Do border run on 29/30 /12/2019 you get another 90 days till end of March 2020. 

Last week or two of March 2020 you can extend by 60 days at your local Imm' office for 1900 baht.

So almost 17 months from a one year visa.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Justin Side said:

You will not need a Re Entry Permit with a multi entry non imm o visa.

His question was in response to this posted earlier.

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

13 minutes ago, Justin Side said:

You will not need a Re Entry Permit with a multi entry non imm o visa.

If you had a 12 month extension of stay a re entry permit would cost 1,000 Baht for a single and 3,800 for a multi.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

When you do the last entry ( 90 days ) a day or two before the enter by date you are on an extension of stay and your 'visa' has expired. You have 'not' extended your visa.

An extension of stay requires a re-entry permit to keep it valid, a multi entry visa does not.

5 minutes ago, clearmirror said:

Can someone confirm that a photo copy of the tabein ban will be accepted, or will they want the real thing? 

I answered that question earlier.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Only a copy of page 1 and the page your child is shown on in the tamien ban.

• Like 1

Just now, clearmirror said:

So, do you get unlimited travel entries and exits inside the year? Do the pages get filled up with lots of Thai exit/entry stamps or do they just see that your have a 1 year visa. 

You will still get Thai departure and entry stamps plus stamps to enter and depart another country.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clearmirror said:

On a side note, some O visas you seem to be able to get from immigration division 1 Chaeng Wattana, is that a retirement one? 

Immigration only issues non immigrant visas if you can qualify for an extension of stay.

If you were the legal father of your child by way of marriage for legitimizing your parenthood you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank for proof of 40k baht income.

Info is here about legitimizing your parenthood.

Dear overherebc I am in the same situation, one year non o expires on December 2nd 2018 so planning an overnight return trip to HMC in order to obtain a 90 days "extension". This visa has multiple entry for the 12 month period, so please do confirm whether or not I must obtain a re-entry permit for the non o 90 days "extension" prior to departure, and if so where it might be obtained, i.e. airport or immigration office. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Nichada Nick said:

Dear overherebc I am in the same situation, one year non o expires on December 2nd 2018 so planning an overnight return trip to HMC in order to obtain a 90 days "extension". This visa has multiple entry for the 12 month period, so please do confirm whether or not I must obtain a re-entry permit for the non o 90 days "extension" prior to departure, and if so where it might be obtained, i.e. airport or immigration office. Thanks.

If you have the one year multi entry O visa that expires/use by/enter by 2nd December I would advise return on the 1st to Thailand and you will get a further 90 ( 89 ) days. That should be until around end of February.

Just make sure you put the visa number on the landing card, TM6.

Smile and say gousip wan kap ( 90 days thank you ) especially if it's busy, and check it before you leave the Imm' booth.

During those 90 days if you have to leave and return to Thailand you will need a re-entry permit to keep the 90 days valid. Using the re-entry during those 90 days you will be stamped in only to the end of the 90 ( February ) ie you won't get another 90.

Edited by overherebc

1 hour ago, Nichada Nick said:

Thanks again overherebc, much appreciated, will follow your excellent advice. 

Just for info, this is the 60 day stamp you get for 1900 baht at your local Imm' office.

Usually fairly quick process as well.

If you haven't done it before then ask your local office what they require.

Usually for me is original and copy of marr' cert, copy of my wife's ID ( both sides ) house book copy, TM 6 copy, picture of my ugly mug, copy of front page of passport and visa, 1900 baht and of course my passport.

Edit.

Forgot ???????????? my wife has to go with me. ????

20181108_125416.jpg

Edited by overherebc

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, clearmirror said:

How sticky are they about it being 400,000THB? Will 347,000 plus a possible 40,000 ish do? Bear in mind it's casually written that they want me to get an o visa. 

Unless you have an exceptionally good relationship with the senior consular official (and probably not even then) they will not accept 399,000 baht in the bank, even if you have cash to make up the shortfall. However, they do not require seasoning. If you are really close to the magic 400,000 baht figure, perhaps a friend will give you a loan for a few days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 1:43 PM, overherebc said:

In what circumstance would you need to get a 60 day extension during the middle of your visa?