Norwegian arrested at Pattaya convenience store after "drunken" rampage

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The daft sod is obviously off his face on some shit, why do they seem to save up their mental problems until they arrive here? Why is it they never seem to behave like this in their own country? Is it because they would have ten colours of crap kicked out of them over there or what?

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

What's the fine for opening a pack of toothpicks and throwing them on the floor?

Would they treat a Chinese tourist like this?

Sorry, I can't see he's committed any crime that would deserve being thrown to the ground and handcuffed.

If being a bit odd was a crime most ThaiVISA posters (including me) would already be in jail.

Below is from original posting. I guess the cops were waiting for back up and/or not 100 percent certain they had the right guy from earlier reports. They would not have actually seen him themselves causing damage to vehicles etc. 

His behaviour in the shop confirmed to them they almost certainly had. Of course they would have had his description (of the perpetrator of damaging Police cars) thus keeping an eye on him.

Its odd but every Police force in every country gets a tiny bit sensitive to a foreign yob damaging their cars. They were very professional and restrained I think.

Earlier the tourist had kicked and smashed police vehicles outside the station on Beach Road. 

He had then smashed a decorative light on a tree and kicked it down the road. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

police took down a large, white tourist

Bravery at its' best.

"drunk on something",

Probably alcohol.

Earlier the tourist had kicked and smashed police vehicles outside the station

Must be some kind of "misunderstanding" here.

He had then smashed a decorative light on a tree and kicked it down the road.

Strong guy kicking a tree down the road.

Pattaya police mounted a charge

Frightening !

They had no idea what he had taken or why he was behaving in such a manner.

For sure they'll come up with a whoppa to extract maximum.

Another dumbass tourist making a nuisance of himself and thinking that he is a king in Thailand....it is such people that Mr Big Joke should hunt down, jail, deport and ban entry. Such individuals give a deplorable image of farangs in  Thailand.

Well handed operation by the Pattaya Police Officers, smooth pinning down of the jerk on the ground, clean job.

Psychiatric conditions are poorly perceived by the general public so people are judged when they act out as if they were in their normal state of mind hence the almost medieval roar of the lions' pit crowd here.  Let's wait and see whether he is given a psychiatric examination.  It is an established fact that many of the inhabitants of American prisons are actually people with intractable psychiatric conditions.  I could refer skeptics of this to several 60 Minutes episodes. Perhaps the man deserves some compassion and psychiatric treatment but I doubt this would satiate the "raw meat" crowd here.

4 hours ago, mok199 said:

A fair and justified ''take down''....hope all ends well

"Hope all ends well" with him first being locked up, and not released until all damage is paid for, including his expulsion from Thailand, NEVER to return. If he doesn't have the funds, let him rot until his rich family comes up with it.

20 minutes ago, shackleton said:

and people complain about the Chinese tourists ?

Yep. I lived in Norway for 18 years and was often on flights over to the UK. The last flight on Friday night - London to Oslo, was dreaded by the staff of the most common carrier. The Norwegians, even well dressed middle-aged passengers, pushing in and jumping ques to get the best seat. The airline staff actually drew straws for that shift, the losers being stuck with it. 

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

What's the fine for opening a pack of toothpicks and throwing them on the floor?

Would they treat a Chinese tourist like this?

Sorry, I can't see he's committed any crime that would deserve being thrown to the ground and handcuffed.

If being a bit odd was a crime most ThaiVISA posters (including me) would already be in jail.

My dear BritManToo, no offence, but allow me to guess you probably omit to read: :smile:

Earlier the tourist had kicked and smashed police vehicles outside the station on Beach Road. 

He had then smashed a decorative light on a tree and kicked it down the road. 

22 minutes ago, theonetrueaussie said:

Oh man WHAT A RAMPAGE!!!! that store was completely trashed.......Hope the owners have great insurance how ever will they replace..... a cup of toothpicks...Thai visa news is becoming even more FAKE then american news!!

Are you a troll ?  He was being followed and eventually arrested very professionally (bearing in mind he was acting crazy) BECAUSE HE HAD DAMAGED POLICE VEHICLES in a Police carpark AND A LIGHT FITTING which he kicked down the road.. Plus acting crazy in the street. Or is that accepted in your country ?

Toothpicks not the issue other than more proof he acting deranged. They only showed the toothpicks but he was pushing lots of things onto the floor and no doubt acting up before the camera got on him. 

5 hours ago, petermik said:

I would not say drunken rampage but sure as hell he,s taken/smoked something......:sad:

I'm guess in Ya Ba pills or smoke.  matches up with the violence.   Anybody else notice that we see his face several times but the female dog who drugged and robbed an Italian pensioner of 302,000 THB is allowed full face cover.   Oh, I forgot:  She is Thai and he is Norwegian.  Q.E.D.  Silly me.

Archived