18 students, driver injured in Lampang accident

webfact

18 students, driver injured in Lampang accident

By The Nation

5PM.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A burst tyre sent a school van into a roadside power pole, injuring 18 students and the driver, in Lampang's Muang district on Tuesday morning.

Police said the accident took place at 6.30am in tambon Pong Saen Thong.

Most of the students sustained slight injuries, such as bruises and chest ache, and were rushed to Lampang Hospital.

Police said the students were being driven from Lampang's Hang Chat district to their school in Muang district.

The driver lost control of the vehicle when the front tyre burst, forcing it to hit a power pole ahead.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30357984

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-06

2 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

Odds are that the driver fell asleep and the right front tire burst as a result of impacting a rock or something on the roadside.  I doubt RTP even looked at the tires for excessive wear or inspected the right front tire that burst for sidewall tears or other defects.  

Ok nice try but I'll have to correct you on something...

Thais drive on the left hand side of the road so the "front right wheel" would be central on the road...

not on the curb-side as you mention that would be the left hand wheel !!

A lot of 'School Buses' here have either bald tyres or poorly inflated tyres, see them every day.   They are supposed to carry no more than 12 kids but who cares about rules in a land where Parents daren't challenge the School or the driver ?    Life is cheap in the Land of Lemmings !

Of all the road users in Thailand you might imagine that school "bus" drivers would be the safest whereas in reality, they are often the most dangerous.....driving as though they are emergency vehicles and entitled, on a mission of national importance, avoid them at all costs and never let your kids ride in one.

Another coffin on wheels bites the dust or does it. Driver to repairman "how long fix" Repairman to driver "you have insurance" Driver "what that" Repairman "Okay you pay me20,000baht I fix tomorrow no ploblem"  And they wonder why the Govt. wants them to get newer buses as in proper buses you know with 6 wheels and more stability, brain dead van drivers.

15 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Ok nice try but I'll have to correct you on something...

Thais drive on the left hand side of the road so the "front right wheel" would be central on the road...

not on the curb-side as you mention that would be the left hand wheel !!

No, I have to correct you.  Look at the photo.  The left front tire was intact, so by deduction, the right front tire failed.

Archived