Video: Tragedy as mother dies in front of her children in narrow Chiang Mai soi

snoop1130

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Run to and check the vital signs of the injured & to call 911 or whatever it is in Thailand. Thats what most westerners would do isn't it?? The one guy just reaches down & touches her shoulder & walks to the side. The driver parks 100 ft up the road & casually walks back. No one ran out to see, they casually walked (& I'm certain it made quite an audible crashing sound). No one is calling for an ambulance. No one is attending to the kids??? What would you do, stand there & take a video??
There are at least 2 people calling for ambulances from the variety of footage I've seen. Of course you'd know exactly what to do within moments of a tragic accident. Most laypersons would be coping internally with processing the trauma that just unfolded before their eyes, and then they might have the presence of mind to act and react.

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, wcoast said:

There are at least 2 people calling for ambulances from the variety of footage I've seen. Of course you'd know exactly what to do within moments of a tragic accident. Most laypersons would be coping internally with processing the trauma that just unfolded before their eyes, and then they might have the presence of mind to act and react.

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

Yeah I would know what to do cuz I've been in that situation before. I reacted immediately, not causally walking over & standing around. Take a basic first aide course, you might save a life.

This horrible event struck me far more than most of the carnage videos I've seen of Thailand driving.

My mind keeps coming back to it.   I certainly feel no anger at all but rather total sadness.    I'm sure I don't have all the facts but I can make statements based on the video I saw.

First off I wouldn't call that Soi narrow.    It's more like a normal village Soi to me.

I was struck by how carefully the 32 year old mother was driving the bike.    I wish she had been  wearing a helmet.    The same goes for her kids.   None were wearing one and now two children are motherless at a very young age.

The driver bears responsibility for the accident for sure but I believe he is guilty of making a mistake and not being vicious or reckless.     I don't harbor anger towards him.      I'm sad about him.   I was impressed he returned to the accident location.

If I ever saw an incident in Thailand that warrants a  GoFundMe campaign, I believe this is it.  I don't know if I'll ever forget that little girl getting up, limping,  and sitting down near her dead mother.

Is there any campaign set up for these children,  anyone?

Archived